The online racing simulator
scared too play lfs
(61 posts, started )
Spiders are cute. Except the spider in LOTR.
#27 - FL!P
Quote from mrodgers :LFS story. A spider came down from the ceiling RIGHT in front of my nose 2 inches away once while racing. I promptly flipped out, flailing arms and throwing myself back away in my office chair. Yes, I crashed the car quite hard as well.

Happened to me once. I found it funny, actually. Of all places where it could have chosen to do that stunt, it had to be right in front of me.

I just blew gently on it and presto it climbed up back to the ceiling. None of us crashed.
Quote from gizzy890 :OMG! just cleaned my pedals and 2 BIG SPIDERS fell out im not good with spiders scared too put feet under desk now lol maybe that explains why i've been finding it hard to stop

WOHOO!. One more girl in LFS!!!!

do you know what i suggest? spray a whole CAN of deoderant down there....then open the window in that room....go out of room, and close the door make sure you dont lock yourself in the room though!
Quote from MyBoss :Spiders are cute. Except the spider in LOTR.

NO SPIDERS ARE CUTE!!
They are sneaky little bastards that only are in this world to scare the living shit out of people like me!
Quote from The Very End :NO SPIDERS ARE CUTE!!
They are sneaky little bastards that only are in this world to scare the living shit out of people like me!

thats why i dont like the buggers neither.... There just so sneaky.

I think i dont like them because i got into bed with one once....
I don't like dogs, I just can't stop having fear of them... I like them when I know or They know me, but strange dogs... I just get freaking crazy.
Quote from Blas89 :I don't like dogs, I just can't stop having fear of them... I like them when I know or They know me, but strange dogs... I just get freaking crazy.

haha....poor you, you will never know what it is like to be with man's best friend
Quote from franky500 :I think i dont like them because i got into bed with one once....

I bet you picked up worse on nights out.

The enemy hates them, so I have no choice but to be not scared of them...
I dont mind them, as long as i can see where they are. Erm, my username... yea...

I woke up and found 6 spiders in my bed once, hence "spiderbait90".
OMG that would be my worst nitemare..last night i was somehow thinking about what would it be like to feel a spider climbing up my feet while driving lfs and i got scared...i got arachnofobia (or whatever it is called...) .i hate big spiders
six! i'd of moved house good too see i'm not the only one that does'nt like them anyway think i need to go back to carpets they move far t fast on lamanite floors
Meh. The way we deal with it is:
(in the house) A shoe or slipper
(in the garden) A pressure washer
(at school) The teacher
Very few spiders can kill you.

Black widows for example, generally only cause death in infants and very young children. Some adults can be allergic to them and risk death...but for the most part, they just hurt like hell (their venom causes random muscle contractions...think of the worst cramp you've even had and multiply it by 20)

Most house spiders are harmless.

The myth about eating them, or having crawl in your nose/mouth, totally false. Like most insects, they are great at detecting carbon dioxide. Its a defense mechanism, anything that gives off carbon dioxide has lungs, anything with lungs is likely a predator, if not just much larger and dangerous to them... Aside from bigger tarantulas, simple blowing softly on a spider will make them run away, or ball up in defense.

People do -eat- spiders, they are quite tasty (i've eaten alot of bugs...after the first couple bugs you try on a dare, you actually kinda like them, and its good for grossing out people...keep in mind lobster/crab/shrimp are really just insects, their muscle structure is the same as land insects...the only ones you dont eat are colorful ones and ones that stink...those are poison giveaways)

I used to have a serious fear of insects. I dont like being afraid of things, so I studied them. I bought books on them, their biology, effect on the environment...etc. They are quite interesting little creatures. Spiders are high up on teh cool factor...

Anyways...to the point. House spiders dont generally have any poison at all, and very few spiders can be leathal...Black Widows just hurt like hell (bit 3 times, personally...used to be a cable buy...they like peds...those little tube shaped things in yards with the cables in them).

But, and I say this in all seriousness. If you live in the mid-range (north/south) to south sections of america, learn what Brown Recluses (FiddleBacks) look like.

Heres a pic

Their bite is terrible. Painfull, but the pain isnt the problem. They literally cause your tissue to rot off of you. And the process can last for years after the bite...and eventually spread to the heart, and cause death.

The picture in the link below is of a bite to the hand after only 10 days.

IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH, DO NOT OPEN THE LINK BELOW ... im not even going to hyperlink it, copy and paste if you want to see it, dont want to suprise anyone...

http://z.about.com/d/urbanlegends/1/0/4/B/day_10_sm.jpg

here in the apartment there are some spiders living in the corners of walls for some time now... I guess my cleaning skills are even worst than my LFS skills
Spiders rule. They eat bugs by the bucketload so I'm happy to have them in my house. Obviously not little venomous bastards like redbacks & white-tails (which can go to hell) but daddy longlegs & huntsman spiders are the best bug-killers. The daddies don't get much bigger than a golf ball and they're all legs anyway, but they catch those tiny moths that inhabit your pantry and don't nick your caster sugar. The mighty huntsman (who can grow wider than your hand, varieties in the US as well) doesn't build webs to catch prey and will stalk & eat just about any bug smaller than him (which is a lot) including other spiders. He'll live behind your curtains, fridge, anywhere he can squeeze in and hide...and wait...but he's not dangerous to humans. Which is nice I grew up in the country and there was always something lurking around trying to kill you, be it a snake, spider, european wasp (bastard imports!), crazed farmhand (couple of really odd murders in my district when I was a kid). After a bit you learn to appreciate the things that can't kill you, even if they're bigger across than a piece of toast and have eight eyes.

Cockroaches, though ... babe, hand me my largest boot ...
I generally accept and welcome spiders into my home also, but had to draw the line and say thats enough!

One night I was about to hit the sack, there had been a pretty large huntsman wondering our house for a month or so, and when I turned the bedroom light on my eyes were draw to something odd on the cieling. To my amazment and mild shock the whole cieling was pretty much peppered in tiny little baby huntsmans Litteraly hundreds and hundreds of the little blitters!

Well all I could think of is a house full of fully growen huntsmans that was enough they all had to die

While one or two wondering around is ok hundreds of em err
Quote from gizzy890 :OMG! just cleaned my pedals and 2 BIG SPIDERS fell out im not good with spiders scared too put feet under desk now lol maybe that explains why i've been finding it hard to stop

Well if they're a set of G25 pedals I can give you an address to send them for safe disposal, better send the wheel as well to be on the safe side
i can't stand spiders. i walk thru their webs everyday during the summer. they spawn like mad and build these invisible nets all over the walkways around my house. i walk with my arm extended so i don't get them in the face. and 20 minutes after you've walked thru one they've built another. so irksome.
@rjm1982 OMG OMG OMG THAT PICTURE WAS HORRIFYING, HOW SOMEONE COULD LIVE WITH THAT HAND AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH SICK!

anyways, i hate spiders too, once in the morning i started to slowly wake up when i saw a spider few CM away, i jumped out of the bed like a rocket or something. Needless to say that i dont like any insects any any one of them.
Quote : http://z.about.com/d/urbanlegends/1/0/4/B/day_10_sm.jpg

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!111111
Thats the worst thing I ever seen..almost.. but point is ...f***ng hell that looks nasty, what a pain hell that have to be!
I hate spiders, I hate them so much, I have nightmares about them, and in my house there allways are many of them, and they are big Once killed 4 of them on one day, but the day after I found 3 others, wtf they never go away whatever you do!
Quote from rjm1982 :Very few spiders can kill you.

Black widows for example, generally only cause death in infants and very young children. Some adults can be allergic to them and risk death...but for the most part, they just hurt like hell (their venom causes random muscle contractions...think of the worst cramp you've even had and multiply it by 20)

Most house spiders are harmless.

The myth about eating them, or having crawl in your nose/mouth, totally false. Like most insects, they are great at detecting carbon dioxide. Its a defense mechanism, anything that gives off carbon dioxide has lungs, anything with lungs is likely a predator, if not just much larger and dangerous to them... Aside from bigger tarantulas, simple blowing softly on a spider will make them run away, or ball up in defense.

People do -eat- spiders, they are quite tasty (i've eaten alot of bugs...after the first couple bugs you try on a dare, you actually kinda like them, and its good for grossing out people...keep in mind lobster/crab/shrimp are really just insects, their muscle structure is the same as land insects...the only ones you dont eat are colorful ones and ones that stink...those are poison giveaways)

I used to have a serious fear of insects. I dont like being afraid of things, so I studied them. I bought books on them, their biology, effect on the environment...etc. They are quite interesting little creatures. Spiders are high up on teh cool factor...

Anyways...to the point. House spiders dont generally have any poison at all, and very few spiders can be leathal...Black Widows just hurt like hell (bit 3 times, personally...used to be a cable buy...they like peds...those little tube shaped things in yards with the cables in them).

But, and I say this in all seriousness. If you live in the mid-range (north/south) to south sections of america, learn what Brown Recluses (FiddleBacks) look like.

Heres a pic

Their bite is terrible. Painfull, but the pain isnt the problem. They literally cause your tissue to rot off of you. And the process can last for years after the bite...and eventually spread to the heart, and cause death.

The picture in the link below is of a bite to the hand after only 10 days.

IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH, DO NOT OPEN THE LINK BELOW ... im not even going to hyperlink it, copy and paste if you want to see it, dont want to suprise anyone...

http://z.about.com/d/urbanlegends/1/0/4/B/day_10_sm.jpg

Holly CRAP!!!!....i read your whole post, and then i finally decided to look at the pic after about...2 seconds, and right now, i am on the toilet, i think i'll be staying on for a LOT longer

but...thats a reallly good idea, studying them, i like it
I don't like spiders too, but I'm not arachnopobic(?).
But does anyone remenber the spider scene in Harry Potter - Chamber Of Secrets? Where all the really big spiders rope down in the forest.? My sister's fear for spiders got really worse after that film
Quote from ACCAkut :I don't like spiders too, but I'm not arachnopobic(?).
But does anyone remenber the spider scene in Harry Potter - Chamber Of Secrets? Where all the really big spiders rope down in the forest.? My sister's fear for spiders got really worse after that film

haha i remember that
There is a saying... that goes like...
Spiders in a house, means it is a "healthy" house.

I personally don't like spiders if they get close to me. As long as they leave me alone, i will return the favour to them.

This one is right outside of my window...

Fear... anyone?

scared too play lfs
(61 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG