The online racing simulator
#1 - Skil
ALL differences between S1 and S2 ?
Hello Everyone

I'd like to know is there difference between S1 and S2 other than additional cars and tracks? I mean things like car handling, number of possible settings in car, game physic etc....

I think about start from S1 license, get some practice and then after some time advance to S2. Do you think that's good idea?

Thanx,
Skil
#2 - Jakg
S1 license unlocks the content that S1 drivers have - you can use this in S2 and get all the physics improvements, but you can only drive the S1 cars and can only drive on S1 hosts (Which unfortunately there aren't many of )

It's a nice idea, but if you want to race online your best just getting S2, but you won't "loose" anything in your idea (except time when you coulda been racing!)
S1 when it came out was different to what S2 licence drive obviously but with S1 licence you still get to use the same game, you simply won't have access to all the cars.

So as Jakg says, If you want online racing S2 is the way to go.
#4 - VoiD
Btw: Aston, Kyoto and Westhill is S2-content too.
#5 - wien
The devs really need to make the distinction between the content stage and the program version clearer. Half the time we see someone talk about for instance "S2" they actually mean the LFS program v0.5. (I do it too )

What the license buys you is access to the different content stages (S1 and S2), which consists purely of cars/tracks. The program to access this content is technically free of charge, can be used together with any content stage and will behave the same across all stages.

The LFS program is currently at version 0.5X12 and there are two content stages available apart from the demo (S1 and S2).
#6 - VoiD
#7 - wien
Quote from VoiD :It´s all there: http://www.lfs.net/?page=contents

I know that of course, but I mean the distinction should be made clearer to people that don't. In most of the text on the website (and mostly when people talk about LFS here) S1/S2 is used when referring to both program version and content stage and I think it would be easier to understand if they made a clear distinction between the two.
#8 - Skil
Thanks I've read info on LFS web page but speaking with people that know this thing in practice is another matter.

As everybody knows, I'm a beginner so let me ask you one more thing:
Is it crucial to use wheel or maybe mouse would be sufficient to play with good results?
#9 - bbman
To get the most out of LfS (or any other racing sim) in terms of feel and immersion, you'll need a wheel (with FFB), yes... That said, there are some very fast mousers and a few fast keyboarders in LfS, so a wheel isn't necessary to be quick...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG