The online racing simulator
Car buying question, what would you choose
(41 posts, started )
Quote from danowat :... £1000 for 40,000 miles difference.

Which would you choose and why?

None. £1000 is more than I have ever paid for a single car.
How many miles do you run during a year Danowat? If you run alot maybe the one with less miles would be better, I donno. If you do less miles than the cheaper one might be better.

I had a peugeot 306 TD and never had any real problems. Diesels should be good for alot of miles so that 40k in miles shouldn't matter TOO much and I would go with the cheaper one if they are the same age.
Quote from danowat :Ok, so heres the deal....

Got the insurance money for my car, and I need to replace it, I have found 2 identical cars, both 2.0lt Turbo Diesels, both same age, same spec etc etc.

Car 1) 108,000 miles £3,995
Car 2) 65,000 miles £4,995

So basically, £1000 for 40,000 miles difference.

Which would you choose and why?

I'd buy whichever one my gut instinct told me was the best. Mileage is often irrelevant. I'd be more concerned with the docs, service history, who'd owned them and what was wrong with them after looking around them properly, getting underneath them and all that.

Also, who the sellers are and how they behave.
well .. what u saw are around 50-50 % ..

i suggest : which ones looks better is one u buy
(if u buy cheaper u can spend sme more and add some bumper r spoiler)
get both they are cheap for my opinion.
imo stay as far away from french cars as posable... but there cheep as hell and tend to brake after 125,000 miles ( no matter how much their serviced ) cheap insurance may be a good thing but spending 1000 on replacing parts each year is a different story ( where i work we mainly take german cars only but we lots of 206/307's and they all have crap electrics and the engine sounds like someone chewing a wasp :S )

i could retire on the money you make fixing citerens/renaults/pug's and faits cause their starting to use french engines

also go for either of the ones that have motorway milage cause if its a city car its idle most of the time....
Have you figured out which one you are going to go with Danowat?
Not yet, but whatever it decide, I will be buying it on Saturday, my bike isn't really suited for "commuting" LOL
Hehe no bike really is for the british roads. They are too rough with too many angry car drivers and too many road hazzards IMO. I used to bike in the states, I am afraid to ride on the roads here. They would be so bad if it wasn't for the farmers bringing so much crud on the roads right after a nice sharp bend.

Diesels go a long time and both should be decent. You know the signs of abuse, just go with the cleanest 1 IMO.
Quote from Viper93 : I used to bike in the states, I am afraid to ride on the roads here. .

lol thats what valantino rossi said when he drove dublin/belfast on street bikes... i use a push bike on paths and still id get knocked down by a car..
I quite like riding it to work, my neighbours don't think so, loud piped 1000cc V-twin at 6am isn't too neighbour friendly LOL

It certainly wakes me up in the morning, but the amount of wildlife about that time of the morning is scary darey, nearly hit a pigeon at 80mph this morning...........
Quote from danowat : Nearly hit a pigeon at 80mph this morning...........

Ahem, don't you mean 70mph
No, 80, I slowed down from 120 for it
120 KM/H?
get ep3 type r. you will love it
A Civic? I don't know if he would care to wait until 5600 to get any power I am almost through first by then =P Then there is the problem of no torque and torque steer.

Car buying question, what would you choose
(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG