The online racing simulator
Tell us about Live For Speed !
(74 posts, started )
Quote from MaximUK :It doesn't matter how good the AI are in a a game, racing against them all week for a league race never matches the feeling of racing real people.

Yep if it wasn't for the online play I'd probably drive in a sim once every three months or so, if that There is nothing like racing against real oppenents. That is what keeps me coming back

LFS exceeds in this area. I've had LFS since 2004 and for a large portion of that time was stuck on dial up, then ISDN and have only just recently been able to get ADSL. LFS plays just as good on dial-up as it does on broadband the only limitation of a slower connection is downloading skins and the number of players on a server can't be too high.

Also the online features are so easy to use and conducive to not only racing people but to getting to know your opponents as well. You can join a server watch other drivers, ask some questions between races, share setups and be involved right from the first second you log on.
Welcome to LFS S2, Darin!
#53 - SamH
Yay! Welcome to S2, Darin. Kiss your social life bye-byes!

If you have any questions, or if you're confused by something/anything, we're all here to help. Not that we're treating you in any special way, of course.. we're all kindness junkies and we'll help anyone
Now I feel bad. I forced him to buy it

Sorry Darin!

On a sidenote: my keyboard is full of cat hair.
Well the best part about LFS for me is the ability to be able to jump straight on a server without having to download a list of modifications first. The second best part is the community and sense of being part of LFS rather than just a customer. I've made suggestions and pointed out bugs, on two occasions they were noted and corrected/implimented in the next patch.

I just hope you avoid looking at the big leagues too much, many of the really fast guys and gals don't even enter leagues. I myself avoid entering serious leagues because theres too many big ego's who take sim racing way too seriously. Definately check out CTRA, they have such a great system, its the best we have seen in LFS and really shows what can be done with the insim features.
Watched the first episode of SRT and really enjoyed it, look forward to it if you decide to put some S2 content in.
Yeah great first episode guys was informative and fun, there are however a few things you're going to need to fine tune but I'm sure that will come as you progress.

Good luck
weee, im a fan of your show! are you all about racing or is there gonna be some drifting? LFS has a quite large drifting community
Quote from Smurfen :weee, im a fan of your show! are you all about racing or is there gonna be some drifting? LFS has a quite large drifting community

Can.Open.Worms.Everywhere.
Dang ! Drifters !! Cool ! I wanna check that out..

Sure we'll do a piece on you guys.. Hook us up with some material.. [email protected]

Quote from Smurfen :weee, im a fan of your show! are you all about racing or is there gonna be some drifting? LFS has a quite large drifting community

Quote from Bean0 :Can.Open.Worms.Everywhere.

It could be worse! What if he told him about the cruise servers!
Quote from DarinSRT :Dang ! Drifters !! Cool ! I wanna check that out..

I thought the show was SIMRACINGtonight, not KIDSPOSINGtonight. Pls dont ruin what looks like a show with great potential.

/me puts on flameproof coat and runs....
#64 - axus
Great stuff guys, just watched your first episode. I look forward to your LFS piece, and hopefully an interview with the developers.
u have mail from me
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :It could be worse!

I'm only jesting really, given the general anti drift feeling of the forums.

Seriously though, some of the drifting teams have some proper skillz, and it would probably be a good addition to the show. Also might take advantage of the alternative audience, especially as the LFS physics allow for proper drifitng, whereas the like of rFactor require a mod to make it work properly.

Edit: Damn you and your transparent text
Quote from Bean0 :Seriously though, some of the drifting teams have some proper skillz, and it would probably be a good addition to the show. Also might take advantage of the alternative audience, especially as the LFS physics allow for proper drifitng, whereas the like of rFactor require a mod to make it work properly.

Agreed. Should be self-evident, but it's not the good drifters that give drifting in LFS a bad name.
Quote from ColeusRattus : Now if we don't see the "S2 Licensed" status under your nick within two days we'll boycott your show!

Quote from Serpentine :Welcome to LFS S2, Darin!

Quote from SamH : Yay! Welcome to S2, Darin. Kiss your social life bye-byes!

So much for the show, eh? Hope you have a good replacement for your part of the show while you're logging online racing with LFS . Maybe they will do an interview with you, "The guy who quit our show when he bought LFS!"
You need to get online to truly descover LFS Darin, get yourself out of single player mode before you write our sim off as having sucky AI!
#70 - SamH
Tis a good point.. LFS is very much about racing *real* people, and very much not about racing the AI. Most especially as (and the devs are not candid about this, either) the AI is utterly sucky at the moment. It is being worked on right now, though, and will be vastly improved in the next patch
hehe...I would never base a sim on it's ai..

Went out tonight and turned some laps with my SRT partner Shaun at a street course. We ran an open wheel car (fox ?) and the caterham..

Love the physics !! WoW !! I'd love to run this in a series environment sometime.

Also met some really cool helpful people that gave us sets and some tutorials !

Quote from Becky Rose :You need to get online to truly descover LFS Darin, get yourself out of single player mode before you write our sim off as having sucky AI!

Quote from DarinSRT :hehe...I would never base a sim on it's ai..

Went out tonight and turned some laps with my SRT partner Shaun at a street course. We ran an open wheel car (fox ?) and the caterham..

Love the physics !! WoW !! I'd love to run this in a series environment sometime.

Also met some really cool helpful people that gave us sets and some tutorials !

glad your happy with your S2 If you ever want some different interiors/lights/ and more http://www.lfs-database.com/ is the place

keep it going
If you are interested in doing some online driving in a league environment, the League of the Americas (www.lfs-lota.net) does series' on Thursday nights, at 6:30 PST, Right now we just started the GTC which involved the GTR class cars around various circuits. The way it works is 2 consecutive thursdays then 1 thursday break where there are some LOTA sanctioned sprint events (non-championship). Even if you are slow, as long as you're safe, you could try applying to LOTA, and drive in Server #2 (Placed by PB's).
#74 - Nobo
If you would like to do open wheel racing with the Fox in a series environment i could recommend you the Open Wheel Racing League. The season starts at 08th of september. There are always several grids for the races which are sorted by personal best time (which are grabbed from your LFS-World profile). So you race people with your skill. Race usually start at 08 pm central european time. Which is like 2 pm east coast time. There are a few drivers from the US involved there, but the main part of drivers come from europe there.

Tell us about Live For Speed !
(74 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG