The online racing simulator
Quote from tristancliffe :Great thread, thanks to Scawen!! I liked the little insights into LFS. I can't say I'm not disappointed not to have a Christmas patch, but by the sounds of it so were SEV.

Have a good Christmas, a Merry New Year, and we look forward to LFS's progress in the new year!

Rock On!

What is SEV?
SEV = Scawen, Eric, Victor
Patch or no patch, doesn't matter. Have a Very Merry Christmas. I know I will.
Have a good Christmas everyone and the devs

Keiran
nice one Scawen
LOL So this is kinda like an update on there NOT being an update, right?

HA ha ha that's cool.
And I dunno. A lot can be said for making a configuration that NO ONE will use. It can be full of bugs and glitches and no one will know or even care!
You know, unless of course that's the reason no one would use it. Then that would sort a suck, but otherwise it would be a win-win deal.

The tire/physics problems being worked on some more is a good thing I guess. And I'm glad Scawen didn't go into detail about this process as I don't think 90% of us would have understood it anyways. And I would've just been confused instead of enlightened.

All that being said, Have a good holidays.
All I wish for christmas is a small progress report
Quote from MyBoss :All I wish for christmas is a small progress report

But we just did - kitchen being done now, update work to start in January. What do you want in the "Christmas Report"? Perhaps "Just as I said on Monday night, I haven't done anything note worthy on LFS". Would that actually make you happier, even though he already told us?
Quote from tristancliffe :but by the sounds of it so were SEV.

The devs even have their own internet slang!
Quote from felplacerad :it's great that scawen made it clear for us not to expect anything. hopefully it will keep the nagging and whining to a minimum this year.

merry merry

I just hope later on people remember he's only starting work in January and not releasing something.
Quote from KiDCoDEa :little dune buggggy, in the saaaaaaaand
my little blue dune buggy in my haaaaaaaands

lol started celebrating the holidays a lil bit early?

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
Quote from tinyk :lol started celebrating the holidays a lil bit early?

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~

it's a song by a band called presidents of the united states of america
Quote from tristancliffe :But we just did - kitchen being done now, update work to start in January. What do you want in the "Christmas Report"? Perhaps "Just as I said on Monday night, I haven't done anything note worthy on LFS". Would that actually make you happier, even though he already told us?

Well that was Scawens "progress report". I'd like to know what Eric's been up to, or what Victor has been doing (besides trying to keep forums free from trolls).

But anyways, nice to know that tyre-physics are next in line.
I'd like to see a new shorter config of Kyoto. It's such a great track but too long so no one wants to drive it on public servers. As you see in the picture this would be good way to make a short version but still include (IMO) the best section from the track. But this would need a whole new grid line and pit. I think that straight should be long enough for a new pit. What do you think?

http://torttu.net/temp/lfs/kyoto_club.jpg
now THAT would be an awesome layout
yes it would!
i bet scawen just tries to keep our hopes down so the update will come as a total surprise
And make it first in the list, because the first layout is always driven most...
Damn this Oval :P
Quote from deggis :I'd like to see a new shorter config of Kyoto. It's such a great track but too long so no one wants to drive it on public servers. As you see in the picture this would be good way to make a short version but still include (IMO) the best section from the track. But this would need a whole new grid line and pit. I think that straight should be long enough for a new pit. What do you think?

http://torttu.net/misc/lfs/kyoto_club.jpg

indeed i really would like to see this config some time
Quote from ORION :Damn this Oval :P

While I agree on that () I don't think that would change anything for the oval. It's kind of a "special" (lol pun) track and some people will always be fascinated by the challenge it provides.
Quote from Shotglass :i bet scawen just tries to keep our hopes down so the update will come as a total surprise

Yeah, on January 1st, S3 is released, didn't you know that?
Quote from Shotglass :i bet scawen just tries to keep our hopes down so the update will come as a total surprise

That reminds me all those rumours about the S2 Final release in June 2005 :-P
Wishing the devs a very Merry Christmas

You all deserve a break

But if you get bored I've attached a suggestion for a new Westhill config, the 'North Loop'
Attached images
westring.jpg
Quote from ajp71 :Wishing the devs a very Merry Christmas

You all deserve a break

But if you get bored I've attached a suggestion for a new Westhill config, the 'North Loop'

hehehe, good one
Quote from ajp71 :Wishing the devs a very Merry Christmas

You all deserve a break

rofl :huepfenic
Quote from felplacerad :it's a song by a band called presidents of the united states of america

ahhh! i know that one but you were so out of tune i couldnt make it out :P

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG