The online racing simulator
Beginners Guide
(34 posts, started )
i'd also advise newcomers practice offline and when you feel like your beefed up enough with your "cheap" wheel, go in to Conedodgers 1 or CoreRacing server. usually CoreRacing is running on pratice. i could be wrong but last time i was in there last night it was.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :i'd also advise newcomers practice offline and when you feel like your beefed up enough with your "cheap" wheel, go in to Conedodgers 1 or CoreRacing server. usually CoreRacing is running on pratice. i could be wrong but last time i was in there last night it was.

thanks man, ill stick that up aswell!
Personally, I find the XRT harder to drive in a course, regardless of speed with the XRR. The XRR just sounds so nice, and thats why I use it. Learning to drift with the XRT.
Quote from agm_ultimatex :Personally, I find the XRT harder to drive in a course, regardless of speed with the XRR. The XRR just sounds so nice, and thats why I use it. Learning to drift with the XRT.

The new handicap system is so great!

Put more weight to the rear about 45%
bump
No in favor of bumping this thread, but as Kev did it himself

I am by no means expert but it seems to me that the thread

"Help Kev Get a World Record! (hahahaha)"

(no idea how to link to it though, maybe Kev you can provide the link) deserves at least attention for any beginner in search of documentation for improving laptimes.
Quote from harjun :
Hope this little guide thing i put together in like...2 mins helps

I'm going to be frank because there's no point in doing anything else. You have not written a useful guide for a new player. There are several things that are very wrong about it. Firstly you can write it in any language you like but to be of much use you should choose to write it in a known language that is spoken and read by at least one other LFS player, as a courtesy to them you could also use capital letters and full stops.

I wouldn't have said pointing new people towards Inferno sets, or encouraging them to use multiple sets is a wise idea. It would be far more sensible to point them towards Bob's Easy Race sets or even better do a bit of research and find a couple of nice easy sets for each car. The list of cars that you have drawn up is rather a pointless space wasting exercise if you don't tell people what the cars are actually like to drive their advantages and Achillie's heel. The racing lines section doesn't actually tell you anything and the Blackwood track guide is the worst track guide I have ever read, a load of random speeds that one has to work out where you're meant to be doing them is not at all helpful.

TBH Harjun you're still a beginner and drive at a very low standard, as a result of this you should be reading a guide like this not writing one. I'm considerably faster, cleaner and more experienced than you but still wouldn't consider writing a track guide a useful exercise.

Quote from The Moose :Not bs i'm afraid. I do it all by ear, just listening to the revs and tires.
The only time i ever look at my speedo is when I'm coming into/exiting the pits

I only normally look at my speed down the straights, it both helps find the best line out of a corner, which after all is the most important part of the lap, and to develop sets. When I sometimes slip into looking at the speedo round a corner and trying to beat it next time it inevitably results in frustration and slower laptimes over cooked tires and mistakes

Quote from harjun :bump

Worthwhile threads are stickied so you don't need to keep bumping this thread.
Quote from CSU1 :...some say they hear the correct speed(bs imo), and others look at speedo for apex entry speed

BS? Wow. Do you think F1 drivers take the time to glance down at the even easy to read speedo to check entrance speed?

On the race track with my sportbike, I go from 160mph down to around 60mph. 60mph is mid range RPM in 2nd gear. There is no way I would ever take my eye off the track to look at speed when going all out. Its ALL about sound and feel. At least with a slower car it does give you more time to react, but its no less difficult to be fast in a slower car.

Beginners Guide
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG