The online racing simulator
Just Upgraded GFX Card now game wont run
(11 posts, started )
Right , ive brought a ATI Radeon x850 Pro card 256MB AGP

and now my lfs game wont run .. it will open fine .. but as soon as i join any server the game will close but it was fine before on my 6200 AGP Card but Single Player works fine

System Specs
P4 3.2Ghz
1.5GB Ram
ASUS Mobo
300GB HDD
X850 Pro AGP
Windows XP SP2
Try an other driver, maybe it helps
#3 - Jakg
It closes - straight to desktop? Does the screen go black? Any error messages? Does it happen in single player?

I'd be tempted to say drivers - could be worth uinstalling your old drivers (and making sure the old nVidia drivers are uninstalled!) and re-installing the proper ATi drivers
Straight to Desktop on Multiplayer but Single Player works fine . i dont think its drivers cause i cleaed my Nvida one out and i installed the proper ATI Drivers
Anyone ?
I have the same card and it works fine on my system. I'm currently using the Catalyst 6.12 drivers.

It's interesting that it only crashes in multiplayer. LFS does try to switch to windowed mode when getting the list of servers so I wonder if that's a factor. To check, try setting the 'Window while connecting' setting to '[no]' in the main multiplayer screen. If the game no longer crashes, that may indicate a problem switching between windowed and full screen mode.
If you can race in single player, why should it be the gc in multiplayer? The card doesn´t do anything else. Check your network connection, ports, firewalls etc.

What about other online games? Do they run?
yeh all other games work fine
Just a thought, could it be the multiplayer setup misc/car draw/lod reduction?
Its fine now .. all i did was make the server list full screen not windowed .. it must of someting conflicting when it was going from windowed to full screen

thanks Guys
Firewall maybe?

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG