The online racing simulator
Anti-skidding lessons
(120 posts, started )
Quote from tristancliffe :Read the top quote. You said "because i had to slow in the turn...". Not FOR the turn, but IN the turn.

If you can't be bothered to type what you mean, or what actually happened, then just shut up and realise you can't drive very well. I don't know if you are drunk, misinformed, stupid, brainless or what, but all of those things and more are starting (I said starting) to come across in your posts. I am assuming, possibly naively, that you aren't just trolling, so I'll give you the benefit of that doubt.

You're right. I did make a typo and what i meant to write was "I had to go slow in the turn." I "meant" to say this given the wet conditions of the day. I had to take the turn slower than you normally would, which given that particular turn, is not exactly slow in the first place.
:hihi:
This thread went from boring to hilarious. You should drop the point about clutching, ans7812. I think you quite clearly lost that one even if you did have a point (and you didn't).
Quote from axus ::hihi:
This thread went from boring to hilarious. You should drop the point about clutching, ans7812. I think you quite clearly lost that one even if you did have a point (and you didn't).

That must be the reason for why you kept posting in it...
Sorry, OT question here, English is your first language, right?
Quote from axus ::hihi:

This reminds me of a certain members 7ghz laptop overclocking attempt, you can tell him anything and you are always going to be wrong :doh:
Quote from axus :Sorry, OT question here, English is your first language, right?

Is that question directed at me? If it is, yes, english is my first language. Why do you ask?
Funky constructs such as "reason for why" and a few others.
I've seen forum threads on religion - the internet benchmark for flawed arguments and pointless debate - which were less amusing than this thread.
Quote from axus :Funky constructs such as "reason for why" and a few others.

There is nothing wrong with saying "the reason for why someone does something".

Lets not start an english debate. Your posts aren't all that perfect either.
Quote from Jertje :I've seen forum threads on religion - the internet benchmark for flawed arguments and pointless debate - which were less amusing than this thread.

That's because there is no such thing as religion and apples are obviously tastier than oranges.
You cannot deny there is something called religion. The question mark isn't about religion (religion is the act of somebody worshipping a god, which happens all over the place). The question is whether there is a god in the first place to worship.

Personally I prefer oranges over apples, but would choose a banana over both.

Axus - I think 'reason for why' is okay. A bit uncommon these days (a bit like spelling or punctuation or sense), but not technically wrong.

I bet I made a spelling mistake after critisising spelling!
My friendly grammar nazi begs to differ... you can have "the reason why" and "the reason for"... and "the reason that", depending on the surrounding words. It just doesn't make sense to me. But anyway, that's irrelevant.
Quote from axus :My friendly grammar nazi begs to differ... you can have "the reason why" and "the reason for"... and "the reason that", depending on the surrounding words. It just doesn't make sense to me. But anyway, that's irrelevant.

Using "know" instead of "no" doesn't make sense to me either but I didn't make fun of you for it...
Quote from tristancliffe :You cannot deny there is something called religion. The question mark isn't about religion (religion is the act of somebody worshipping a god, which happens all over the place). The question is whether there is a god in the first place to worship.

True. Let me rephrase my statement. There is/are no god/gods/supreme being.
Quote from axus :Not only that but 0 throttle doesn't mean 0 longitudinal acceleration because you still have friction! :doh:

which on snow pretty much equals locking the driven wheels (not that youd know living in sunny sa ... grrr)

anyone who uses digital type gas pedal inputs on snow (bar those doing it for funsies while its safe) should not be allowed on the roads anyway

Quote from ans7812 :Pushing in the clutch is the worst thing you can do.

rubbish its one of the best things to do since it automagically will put the driven wheels into a ~0% long slip situation

Quote from ans7812 :No. I slid because by depressing the clutch, essentially you are disengaging the transmission from the engine and allowing the drive wheels to spin freely with no resistance (engine). Because of the wet surface and the ability for the rear tires to spin freely, the rear got loose and i started to slide. That is why depressing the clutch in a turn is bad because it lets the drive wheels spin free.

you should really learn a bit of vehicle dynamics since your knowledge combined with the fact that you apparently think you know everything is a incredibly dangerous combination

pushing the clutch in when you find yourself in a slide is usually one of the most sensible things to do as it will give you roughly the largest amount of available lateral traction
especially in normal road driving where you dont know your car perfectly to the point that you know exactly how much throttle to apply to equalize the wheel slip and where youre caught off guard

Quote from ans7812 :There is no reason for having the clutch in during a turn.

there no reason not to either

Quote from ans7812 :essentially you are disengaging the transmission from the engine and allowing the drive wheels to spin freely

why would they spin with nothing connected to them to make them spin ?

Quote from ans7812 :Also, i did hit the brakes because i had to slow in the turn...

great so what you did was enter a braking drift which has nothing to do with pushing in the clutch
well done with leaving out the wrong input you made that caused you to spin

Quote from axus :My friendly grammar nazi begs to differ...

godwin !
Quote from Shotglass :godwin !

Disregarding everything else you said, this was the funniest thing i've seen today. I completely forgot about Mr. Godwin. Haha
Quote from Shotglass :which on snow pretty much equals locking the driven wheels (not that youd know living in sunny sa ... grrr)

You know, the climate is nearly the only nice thing here. 0-10 night time during winter, 12-18 during the day. 12-16 during the night in summer, 19-27 during the day. For the first time in like 20 years, it snowed here a few months ago and I was in Bulgaria on holiday at the time. They just have two seasons here, to be honest: 3 months winter, 9 months summer.

What I really love though is how they make their driveways. I kid you not, in one of the most expensive suburbs, here which sits on a steep hill, they make them roughly 25-35degree uphills to climb into your garage.
ans7812, why don't you just leave the thread before you say even more stupid things. Seriously, do yourself a favor...
and all that (I had a few laughs reading it) just because you, ans7812, thought everyone tried to tell to step on the throttle all the way in an overstear situation. Are you thinking about your reply, while reading the posts of those trying to talk to you? (sorry, OT, cant even remember the beginning)

Anti-skidding lessons
(120 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG