The online racing simulator
So, Hurricane Dean
(49 posts, started )
So, Hurricane Dean
Good luck mate, i hope its just an illusion
If you can, get off the island and head to the U.S. or anuy country that isn't in the path, sitting through a category 5 hurricane wouldn't be much fun at all, it could completely destroy houses with that power, if you can't, I wish you the best of luck.
I hope you have all the good luck that's possible for a person to have on your side. I hope you make it through this dangerous time safely.
Wasn't Katrina a cat 5 storm? Look at the damage it did...
#6 - arco
Good luck Pringles, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Good luck mate, be sure to find some decent cover for yourself (put that beach chair down!)
I would try to get the fkuc out of there, for sure.
If you can't.. well good luck.
Quote from GruntOfAction :Strange, Acording to your profile your in Finland...

I never knew finland was in Jamacia..

Jokes aside I hope you make it out okay. I just hope the storm doesn't turn for the worse, and litteraly, towards Georgia..

He is from Finland, but he could be living in Jamacia, or on vacation.
IIRC the little flag beside your name represents the country where your ISP is based, not your country of residence.

In any case, good luck mate!
Well im in Barbados, and it passed with little damage, because it was only now getting stronger. Not too much to worry about if you live in a wall house with a cement ceiling, they don't blow down...(unlike some houses made of wood which i don't understand why). Hope your okay.
Quote from Ricerguy :Well im in Barbados, and it passed with little damage, because it was only now getting stronger. Not too much to worry about if you live in a wall house with a cement ceiling, they don't blow down...(unlike some houses made of wood which i don't understand why). Hope your okay.

Yeah it's a full concrete house with a sturdy roof. Structurally I'm sure it'll be fine, but we haven't boarded up so I'm expecting shattered windows and some flooding.
Board the **** up! Seriously, I'm sure you know how much damage flying glass can do.
I hate hurricanes, I lived in a place where hurricanes were usual and damn I was scared all the time, Take care dude!
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Board the **** up! Seriously, I'm sure you know how much damage flying glass can do.

Bit too late for that now. It's midnight here, and by the time I wake up in the morning it's going to be pretty rough out there TBH I'm not too worried. Supplies and all that have been sorted out days ago, I'm more worried the dang thing will turn and preparations will be for naught What I am worried about though is that if the hurricane does hit Jamaica squarely, 3 of the closest cities to me could well not be there by Monday. If you're interested in having a look, check out Ocho Rios (I live about 10min away), Port Maria and Annotto Bay.
well you are in luck. nice house.

tape the windows in star patterns./get shutters it reduces flying glass your house is built sturdier than you think, my grandfathers house is category 5 proof...but hes gone (R.I.P.) and its being rented out...meh.

Caribbean housing for the win , at most the noisy wind will piss you off, and your not 100% safe until they give the all clear (radio at hand or you will miss that bit)
Yes, thank you for the advice. We have taped the windows, taken the satellite dish off the roof, parked the car under the veranda roof and such stuff. Leaving the windows open wouldn't really improve the situation because they open outward like doors, so they'd definitely catch the wind and smash. It was forecasted that we'd get about 10 inches of rain. Last year in November Port Maria was almost washed away by 5 inches.. I'm going to challenge my dad to who can stay standing the longest on the roof
you still use those windows? wow...uuh good luck.
Good luck mate! Hope it all works out well
I sat through hurricane Dennis in Cuba 2005, it was pretty damn windy
In ireland, i remember we got the back end of Hurrican Charlie in 1997... it was very tiny and i was shitting myself, though i was only 6 years old

@Maggot, i remember that i got to choose what flag wanted for my nationality, not my isp
oh no

Best of luck to you , making a prayer !! Take care and be smart
Quote from NotAnIllusion :..... I'm going to challenge my dad to who can stay standing the longest on the roof

I loolled in the given situation
Good luck man.
-
(Rappa Z) DELETED by Rappa Z

So, Hurricane Dean
(49 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG