The online racing simulator
G25 270 degrees!?!
(19 posts, started )
#1 - mutlu
G25 270 degrees!?!
Finally got my G25 working but now with a new problem, it seems i only have 270 Degrees of steering.HERES THE THING

I had to modify my registry to get the wheel working, and everytime i install the logitech profiler it seems to reset my registry, and i recieve an error message.So im using the wheel without the profiler running(thats what im thinking the problem is) BUT in Control Panel/Game Controllers i can setup the wheel, but it wont save my settings and im left with that nagging steering problem.Is there anyway or any other program that can be used to set up the wheel.

Ill have a new computer and a S2 License in about 2 months, so im kinda hoping to get better at it before they arrive.
Okay, first, make a clean install of the Logitech drivers. Registry hacks are not going to cut it here. Make sure you actually install the drivers from the CD that came with the G25 - it should be driver version 5.00.

Then look here.
After that, here.
#3 - mutlu
The weird thing is im unable to get the Wheel working(no matter what) without playing around with the registry.I have tried everything to get rid of the error message('the data is invalid') and no amount of clean install & virus checkings have fixed it.

It just seems weird that something like this can happen, and Microsoft are unable to release a patch or simple fix to rid thousands of people of this stupid glitch.

Its basically the main reason why im buying a new computer soon, and im burning the one i have already.Does LFS operate under any other OS(Im really not liking Microsoft anymore and Vista seems to be absolute mudd)
Lol. I just installeld the drivers, set up a couple of Macros in the profiler and adjusted my ffb and split the pedals. Worked first time out the box.

I use XP SP2, by the way.
#5 - mutlu
something weird happened to my computer a while back, and plugging in any new usb device i recieved an error.Everything that was installed before the gayness still works, but adding new hardware is stupid.It works on my brothers computer(xp sp2) but im really not prepared to travel nearly 5 hours just to use my wheel.Ill just use it as is until my new computer arrives.
I'm not sure what the "gayness still works" is about.

Go into add/remove programs and remove all logitch drivers, and re-install from clean.
#7 - mutlu
yeah the 'gayness' sorry, all usb devices installed before my computer went weird still work ie modem, keyboard, webcam.Any new usb device i try to install ie G25 i get an error

Cannot Install this Hardware
there was a problem installing this hardware:
Logitech G25
An error occurred during the installation of this device

The data in invalid.
Sounds like your pc has had more than the logitech registry files messed with....

Unless you can specify what was done to your pc to introduce the "gayness" then a reinstall of windows should fix it.
Wow you have one messed up computer. If it was my computer, I would have formatted it twice by now. Formatting and reinstalling Windows always gets rid of weird Windows glitches.
reformatting and re-installing is a NO-NO my OS came preinstalled.Computer is old so its bound to have some faults in it now, thats why im buying a new one.
Quote from mutlu :reformatting and re-installing is a NO-NO my OS came preinstalled.Computer is old so its bound to have some faults in it now, thats why im buying a new one.

Reading this, It does make me think that waiting until you get your new computer is the best thing. Sounds like your current one is really under the weather.
Have you tried reinstalling USB drivers?
Yea that's a good idea. Find out which company made the chipset in your computer and download the latest drivers.
i think ive found out the problem...

it seems that when ever i plug in the g25 its being recognised as my old logitech wheel(driving force ex)..ive tried searching for ways to remove it from my computer but im no expert yet and requires removing entries from the registry.Now altering the register is a different story but removing things scares me a bit.So i think ill wait for my new computer to arrive so guys thanks for the help i appreciate it alot.
you need to remove the old logitech profiler drivers from a temp folder but im not sure which folder it is
ill google it
If you knew your PC has USB issues, wouldn't it have been sensible to wait until they were fixed before buying a new USB device (which wasn't likely to work)?
Thats cool and all, but sometimes we have to men up and do the hard thing lol

So, if you want to format:

download this program
http://www.softpedia.com/get/S ... verest-Home-Edition.shtml
Once installed run it and click "make report" in the main bar. Upload that report to us and we will tell you what you need to format the thing once and for all.
The report tells us the components (board, chipset, cpu, graphic, sound, hard drives, network) and then you download and copy all the drivers we tell you into a pen or a cd.

I would do this once a year (but i made a clone image so it only takes 5 minutes to have everything as new again)
Quote from TiJay :If you knew your PC has USB issues, wouldn't it have been sensible to wait until they were fixed before buying a new USB device (which wasn't likely to work)?

it would have been but at the time i never knew anything about it.Wasnt until after i had purchased it i found out but still stupid on my behalf.

G25 270 degrees!?!
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG