The online racing simulator
View all mirrors
(16 posts, started )
#1 - sam93
View all mirrors
Is there way i can view my left mirror when still looking in front because i drive on my right and can only see the right mirror and the rear view mirror but i was just wondering can i also set it up so i can see the left mirror whilst still looking in front? if not i think it should be put in place so its alot safer so you can see whos on the both sides of you whilst still looking forward that way its alot safer and you dont ram any body.
change the fov, so that you can see all the mirrors
yeah, thats the only thing to do really. I have my FOV set to 102 (allows me to view side mirror and full rear mirror). You'll have to bring the FOV quite a bit to view the other mirror but for me, it just feels weird
You can move the rear view mirror remember, don't need to use a high FOV to see that. No such solution of the passenger side wing mirror.
Aren't the two wing mirrors simply the centre mirror view split in two?
Quote from dungbeetle :Aren't the two wing mirrors simply the centre mirror view split in two?

No, not really. When a driver may attempt to pass you and is side by side, you most likely won't see him in your rear view mirror but in your side mirror.
Quote from Leprekaun :No, not really. When a driver may attempt to pass you and is side by side, you most likely won't see him in your rear view mirror but in your side mirror.

Yeah, I know what you mean L.

That is certainly true in real life, but I thought that in LFS the graphics work in such a way that the side mirror views are actually the same view as the centre mirror that's been split in two and enlarged slightly.

Next time you play, compare the right hand side part of the rear view mirror with what you can see in the right side wing mirror. If I remember correctly, they're the same. I don't think you get any extra angle of view from the side mirrors.
The centre mirror does not quite show the whole rear view render area, the side mirrors go a bit further. It would be nice if the look left/right could be configured to look in such a way that the mirrors were the focal point.
Quote from Becky Rose :The centre mirror does not quite show the whole rear view render area, the side mirrors go a bit further. It would be nice if the look left/right could be configured to look in such a way that the mirrors were the focal point.

I agree. I remember playing some games where when you wanted to look behind, it would point the driver's head up to the rear view mirror and move the head to the side of side view mirrors. If the devs could add 3 extra buttons (rear view view, side mirror view), it would help a lot . I'll add this to the Improvement Suggestions section
Quote from Becky Rose :The centre mirror does not quite show the whole rear view render area, the side mirrors go a bit further.

Is that so?

Hmm ... sorry 'bout that then.

Maybe I'm thinking of the virtual rear view mirror.
Quote from Leprekaun :I agree. I remember playing some games where when you wanted to look behind, it would point the driver's head up to the rear view mirror and move the head to the side of side view mirrors. If the devs could add 3 extra buttons (rear view view, side mirror view), it would help a lot . I'll add this to the Improvement Suggestions section

I remember TOCA 2 did that, I can't remember any others that did that...Sorry for the o/t
Quote from Becky Rose :The centre mirror does not quite show the whole rear view render area, the side mirrors go a bit further. It would be nice if the look left/right could be configured to look in such a way that the mirrors were the focal point.

Actually, that's not quite true. It depends on the car, and in most cars it shows exactly the same (measured from the outermost point - of course it's shifted left/right a bit) or a bit less than the centre mirror. In my quick test the only cars where the side mirrors showed more were the LX ones.

(PS: I hate self-advertising, but if MouseLook isn't too clunky for you, then it can do exactly that - configure the look left/right amount)
Attached images
mirrorFOV.jpg
that's a very useful picture.
Also, if you switch to custom view in the view menu in the options (while in-game) I think there's an option to switch to center view.
Huh, now that I look at it, the XRT mirror actually has a graphical glitch. The bottom white line there is static. Seems like the mirror viewport doesn't have enough vertical resolution/fov to cover the whole mirror
Quote from AndroidXP :Huh, now that I look at it, the XRT mirror actually has a graphical glitch. The bottom white line there is static. Seems like the mirror viewport doesn't have enough vertical resolution/fov to cover the whole mirror

The XRG mirror has the same problem.
i did add this in the forced cockpit spinoff thread, but flaming had already ensued so i don't think many people got to read it lol

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=491063#post491063

that'll teach me for not creating a new thread

+1 (for extra buttons/views)

View all mirrors
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG