The online racing simulator
Women and Racing
(57 posts, started )
Quote from The Moose :But not as crap as some of the men to be fair.

That's very true, but most of those guys have rich families. What i was trying to say was a non-wealthy woman could get further than a non-wealthy man due to sponsorship she could get.
Quote from amp88 :Michele Mouton almost won the 1982 World Rally Championship in an Audi Quattro. ...

She was a great driver, saw her 1991 in my town at the 100th year party at Peugeot/Germany in Saarbrücken showing driving skills in a 205 TURBO 16.
She also won Pikes Peak but 1982 she lost against Walter Röhrl. He won the 1982 Championship in his old Opel Ascona (against the technical better Audis [Opel ftw])

Also important racing woman is Jutta Kleinschmidt, first and only woman who won Paris-Dakar.
Quote from Crazy Harry :

Also important racing woman is Jutta Kleinschmidt, first and only woman who won Paris-Dakar.

Not forgetting Pat Moss, European rally champion in 1958, 1960, 1962, 1964 and 1965.
Women have good chances to make careers in Racing, they can attract Sponsors well. If you go to lower class Racing events, like F2000, you see how much attention girls in Racing get, making Interviews on the Starting Grid even when they start from the back of field while there isnt as much attention to the guy on Pole. Girls in Racing really raises attentions and that helps alot when searching for Sponsors and Rides.

The reason why there havent been women Racing in F1 for a long time, and are a rare appearance in other Racing Series is due to women, generally speaking are not as interested in Racing as they are in other Sports. Alot of Woman go play Tennis, Handball, swimming, volleyball, track and field etc., for alot of Women there just isnt as much interest in Racing as there is into other Sports.

Aswell, there are few black people doing Motorsports, not because they would lack the skill or wouldnt get attention by the Media (=Sponsors), there just seems to be more interest in seeking a career in Basketball, Football, or other types of Sports. Lewis is a exception, but could become an idol for a lot of young black kids to seek a career in Racing.
Susie stoddart is pretty fast she races in DTM doesnt look like she lacks in tallent but its mostly due to a year old car and not being sponsored by either mercedes or audi.
truth is that boys start racing in early age and they need support of parents, and i doubt any parents would try to make they girl kiddo a racer (maybe someone who was a racer and has 10 girls and 0 boys ) .
Quote from blackcarmafia :truth is that boys start racing in early age and they need support of parents, and i doubt any parents would try to make they girl kiddo a racer (maybe someone who was a racer and has 10 girls and 0 boys ) .

I'll say this in Croatian: A pravopis? .

Women and Racing
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG