The online racing simulator
S1 vs. S2 test video
(17 posts, started )
S1 vs. S2 test video
I whiped up this test video so I could listen to the sound of the S1 LX6, and see the difference in physics changes.
Is this video loud enough? I recorded it on a higher volume. fraps seems to record sound at a low volume. what can I do about that

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cniSx76f0fo

Versions used;
LFS S1H
LFS S2X10
Nice video, I could hear it too. A way of making it louder is opening the video onto an editor and doubling the volume there. Also with the right software you could of had both running at the same time.
I don't think there's a difference in physics between S1 and S2 (probably wrong though). Maybe you were just better on your second run?
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I don't think there's a difference in physics between S1 and S2.

sure there isnt!
(why is there a "thanks" button, but no "b/s" button)
Quote from squidhead :sure there isnt!
(why is there a "thanks" button, but no "b/s" button)

So there is?

Edit - Yes, there is! Sorry that was stupid from me. (read on the lfs official website)
Edit 2 - The CTRA server says "There is no difference between S1 and S2 physics." Mixed messages!
the car was harder to drive in S1. If I lost the rear in S1 I couldn't save it. it could have been the setup. I was using the defalt. I wish someone could transplant the s1 sounds into S2. i love the sound of the Lx6 back then!
Quote from Mp3 Astra :
Edit 2 - The CTRA server says "There is no difference between S1 and S2 physics." Mixed messages!

Becky means that the XFG in S2X driving in S1 mode will drive the same if using it in S2 mode.
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :Becky means that the XFG in S2X driving in S1 mode will drive the same if using it in S2 mode.

Beckys Wrong .
XF GTI on Bl1 S1 1:32.~20
XF GTI on Bl1 S2 1:32.920

So dont you say theres no Difference ,

AND . Bl gp is home of LFS racing . so thats why im using that as an exemple

For the movie , you didnt try Hard enough at S1
S2 car was waaaaay to fast
You are confusing S1 and S2 in S1 connectivity mode. It's REALLY simple. S1 was vastly different physics-wise.
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :the car was harder to drive in S1. If I lost the rear in S1 I couldn't save it. it could have been the setup. I was using the defalt. I wish someone could transplant the s1 sounds into S2. i love the sound of the Lx6 back then!

Good video. Looks like time stood still in South City

I do not agree with the sound. The S2 version sounds more like a car
My times:
S1 0.3 - 0:52.530
S2 0.5 - 0:49.180

Yep, S2 is faster .
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :Is this video loud enough? I recorded it on a higher volume. fraps seems to record sound at a low volume. what can I do about that

Check fraps and see what it says for "sound input". It will probably be something like stereo mixer or something like that. then go to control panel, sounds and audio devices. click on the audio tab. halfway down is the recording device. click on "volume". check the level of the leftmost slider, you will probably find it down low, slide it up a few notches. it is probably labelled, recording, or stereo mixer or something, but it is usually the leftmost slider.

I had the opposite problem, fraps clips would be so loud, it would just distort and clip like crazy on playback.
Nive video, but I don`t think it`s fair to comapre those two laps.
Because, I know it was harder, but you drove a slow lap in the first try, and in the S2 you had a good lap, so it canot be compared imo.
yes very true. its more of a test video to see if I can achive a higher volume on my onboard videos
the audio's fine
Agree with the ^, sounds fine there!

S1 vs. S2 test video
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG