The online racing simulator
Lower MPH online
(11 posts, started )
Lower MPH online
Hi,
Would anyone know why my max MPH is lower by about 10MPH when online in any given car.
The Fox at the moment for instance is 141 MPH offline and only 132 MPH online.

Cheers
Some cars have ballast added on online, which may affect top speeds.

Although I dont know if the FOX was auto-ballast? Since it has no reason to.
There is probably wind turned on, that will make a 10+mph difference.

I remember one race online there was about 10 of us or so and we raced BF1s at aston GP, and we kept talking about the wind effects from race to race, we eventually gave up and had to reset the track because the amount of wind setting was locked, and the wind got up to around 20mph or higher, 25 maybe, and it was blowing all of us off the track. Twas fun, but yes, wind will make a huge difference.
I would love to find the memory adress of the wind settings in LFS. I want to race in 60mph winds.
The more I think about that race, I know 20mph wasn't it, I swear it was 32, but it could by my mind failing me. But we were being pushed off the track like we were flies in a hurricane.

There's an idea, how about 200+mph hurricane speeds?
That way you get shoved around even when you have all your brakes locked.
Thanks everyone
Just making sure that i didn't have a seting that was handicapping me.
So i'm getting lapped because I'm just slow.
I'm using a WR setup so I don't think it can be the car.
Never mind, I just need to hunt down some cornering tips now.

Thanks again
I think thats not the problem here, but we have it a few days
ago w/ a Teammate.

We drove the same car w/ the setup.
My FXR goes 270 km/h, his only 250 km/h.
So his lap times was really bad, b/c the Car dont go to top speed.

We dont know why.
He download the game again and tried again... and? bang 270 km/h ?

Just as Info.
probably just getting out of the corner too slow? also theres slipstreams to think about
Calibration problems with pedals? I know an ex team mate of mine wasn't going to fast and it was because the throttle pedal wasn't reaching maximun, re-callibrated and it worked.
Quote from Greboth :Calibration problems with pedals? I know an ex team mate of mine wasn't going to fast and it was because the throttle pedal wasn't reaching maximun, re-callibrated and it worked.

You easily check if your pedals are reaching their maximum by enabling the "show pedals" option.
You want a tornado? here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaZL6Bz2fG8 !! poor Fox's

The big problem is that there is no way to see and feel the wind. So it's hard to adjuste the brake zone. In blackwood, near the start line, there is flags blowing in the way of the wind. It would be cool if we can get some sort of wind flags (Like this) near the corners entry.

In a ctrax realted topic, the wind was discussed. It seemed to have a random direction but the speed is rather constant. (If i remember correctly)

Lower MPH online
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG