The online racing simulator
loss of graphics [no textures]
(8 posts, started )
hi, i keep getting this problem in the attached, tried a few things but nothing worked,

things ive tried:

udated vid card drivers
redowloaded LFS
tried differant card

thats all i can think to try, my system specs AMD athlon 64 3000+ 1.5gig ddr ram asus A8V ati 9550256mb and running xp

it seems to happen when on track an ill get a big drop in fps, i get arrouund 90 on a normal day, it will drop to about 1-9 fps then this happens, didnt know what else to do, has only hapend since running test patch V2 now im on V4 and still happening.

sorry if its been posted before i had a look arrond and searched but couldnt find anything.

thanks for your help if you can
Attached images
lfs.JPG
lfs_00000001.JPG
I get this occasionally. I just reboot now to fix it. I use to get it all the time on my old PC. A graphics driver is what fixed it for me. Don't know what to tell you. Oh, I had this happen last night I believe. Last night, instead of a reboot, I changed from 32 bit to 16 bit and back on the desktop properties. Then reloaded LFS and it was fixed.

It's definitely your PC graphics, not LFS. When this would happen on my old PC, I would close LFS and try to run FS9 and it was all goofy too.
ahh yeah it works from lfs if you know the buttons well enough to find them, on mine i have 1280x1024 32bit if i scroll down to the bottom i can see the 16bit one cause its above the one with the white color, if i click it everything goes back to norm, should i drop the size down to smaller screen size i noticed it happens more now i upgraded my screen, i have a 19" LG flatron i used to run a CRT 15" at 1024x768 and only had thins happen once i think.

ill give the smaller a go and see if it makes it better.

thanks for your help
#4 - dewyl
THIS problem is the CCC's problem,the texture has maybe more to quality or to performance check it and put the small scroll bar in CCC to between 'em
I have the same problem as well, it seems to happen after loading a few different tracks, and restarting all the time gets annoying. I tried starting another game after that one time and got an out of video memory error, so maybe it has something to do with that, i don't know. That would make sense though, if switching to 16-bit works as that would require less video memory, right? I have a feeling it's LFS, since i've never seen anything like that before.
Same problem here, still not solved ... lots of reboots
Quote from josepmaria :Same problem here, still not solved ... lots of reboots

mine was solved after a driver update and a fresh copy of lfs installed, also dont run and mods with lfs it will come up like that some times, ive recently upgraded and now i dont get any problems 140fps with full aa and af everything turned up high and im happy.
#8 - CyBex
I have the same too.... Sometimes it runs and runs but sometimes this happen to me and every game with directx dont want to run, only help is to reboot my system.. But i have this only on my computer with an ATI graphics card. On my 2nd computer is a Nvidia and there this never happen..

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG