The online racing simulator
Q: How are points awarded?
Hi,

I'm really new to CTRA, and was trying to find out how points are rewarded.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the explanation? or can you explain?

I'm taking about Race1 servers and SS, bump servers I understand.

Thanks in advanced!
Theres a long discussion about it here: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=28268

Basically, nobody knows exactly how they are calculated but every aspect like cars in the race, race length, position, fastest lap etc. are taken into account.
1) Be fast (I think 106% or 108% of the lap record is the threshold now), and
2) Achieve a good placement

Also the amount of total racers influences the maximum points you can get. As does the race length.
The times where just finishing a race gave you points are over
108% or whatever sounds the reason why I'm not scoring :P

Thanks for the link I'll try and read it over
#5 - Bean0
It's 108% of the track record for that car on that server, not of the WR as some people think. You can check the various records by typing $track in the chatbox in game.
it depends on the license type!

if its bump n jump, if you complete the race on the same lap you will get 50 points if new, per race.

For the single seater and regular license, to have a chance of points you need to have the following:
  • finish the race on the same lap as the winner.
  • have one lap that is within 108% of the lap record.
  • Depending on amount of people on the server, come within the top 7!
Quote from StableX :
  • finish the race on the same lap as the winner.

You sure about this one? I've never heard or read anything about it, so I'm really just curious.
I think he was confusing it with the Bump & Jump server.
#9 - Gil07
No, I think if you don't finish on the lead lap, you don't get points.
Im pretty sure that I have seen lapped people getting points in the Race and Single Seater servers.
#11 - Nobo
I have been lapped today and got 1 Point on place 8.
Quote from zeugnimod :Im pretty sure that I have seen lapped people getting points in the Race and Single Seater servers.

I think that may only be the case if they set a really quick lap, could be wrong though.
#13 - Jakg
Quote from Gil07 :No, I think if you don't finish on the lead lap, you don't get points.

Only on the Bump 'n Jump server
weird if that is the case. I have finished with a faster lap and better position on the single seater in one race (but a lap behind) and got zero points. Then the next race I did a worse best lap and one place lower but the same lap and got a point!
Quote from Jakg :Only on the Bump 'n Jump server

OK, new thing learned Guess my laptime was just too slow then.
Quote from Jakg :Only on the Bump 'n Jump server

So you have to focus more on hotlapping then on racing to get points?
#18 - Jakg
On the Bump 'n Jump server you need to finish on the lead lap to score any points. Finishing on the lead lap, however, is harder than it sounds :P
Quote from Jakg :On the Bump 'n Jump server you need to finish on the lead lap to score any points. Finishing on the lead lap, however, is harder than it sounds :P

Sorry i wasn't clear. I mean on the racing and single seater servers hotlaps count more as your place after the race? As your fastest lap needs to be in 108 % and it doens't matter if you're a lap behind.
So i meant "So on race and single seater server hotlapping is more important then your place in the race?"
needs becky to clarify I think as I have just gone thru quite a few saved races on SS and not seen anyone get points a lap behind........

not trying to undermine you Jakg, but just find it odd....
AFAIK: only the first 7 places (could depend on nr of racers at start?) on SS get points and only if they got a fastest lap in 108% of CTRA-trackrecord.
Times close to records give more points, this also weights more than your final result. As consequence of this: if u are really fast and all drivers in front of you are slow its possible to score most points finishing on p7 - no matter if lapped.
Which would be very weird for a race system to do. So you may have done 1 extraordinary lap. Crashed a few times (probably my guess because of all the unnessecary risks you took), get lapped and finish behind and then as a reward get all of the points to take home.
That is why (I think) Becky has hinted at maybe giving less weight to the best laptime, but rather looking at the overall or average laptime, so that those sometimes-ultra-fast but always ultra risky drivers get less of a bonus.
You are wrong [nobody in specific - most of you ], lap time and position have comparable bias actually - you need position AND pace to get good points. Some driver have observed you ned to be in the top few places on a full grid to get juicy points and thought nothing of it - because they focused on the thing they cannot chance into - lap time.

No we do not support hotlapping, but neither do we support putting drivers forward who are not ready.

If an F1 team with a budget of 20 million can compete within 107% of Ferrari with over 200 million, why can't a half decent competent LFS'er race within 108% of the the quick guys on CTRA? The records on CTRA are set in race conditions, not in hotlapping, if you are outside of 108% then seriously - you are not ready for server 2.

The difference with our server is we're openly telling a lot of drivers they are not fast enough for something their ego did not let them realise they wouldn't have access too without improving themselves.

We've thrown down the gauntlet. We dont mind if you dont accept.
even if i think becky is absolutly right with this, i think the wind-conditions need a look, as long as the lap-times count that much.

i think i´m not the slowest one (hold the fxr-gt2 record on
every track i´ve done so far) but its impossible to drive near
to the record with strong wind.

this gets worse, the slower the car is you drive. GT2 and FOX
are "slower" cars in my eyes and they are up to 30km/h slower
on a long straight with strong wind.

maybe (just a thought) its more fair to reduce the wind-conditions to "no" or "low" ?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG