The online racing simulator
Car Park - Drag
(23 posts, started )
#1 - ciph
Car Park - Drag
Wait for Patch Y, end of story.

This has been a bug since S1, and Patch Y will include a new damage code, and hopefully we won't be able to go through things if we're going to fast.
It isn't really a bug, it is just the frequency at which the collisions are calculated. Let's say the collision detection runs at 100Hz. That means that every 10ms, LFS checks to see if you have collided into a surface. But, in 10ms you may have moved enough distance that you are already imside the wall when the collisons are calculated. If you were going 200 m/s, then you might fly though the wall as if it is not even there!
Quote from XCNuse :Wait for Patch Y, end of story.

This has been a bug since S1, and Patch Y will include a new damage code, and hopefully we won't be able to go through things if we're going to fast.

Sorry for going off topic, but when you speak about a new damage code, does this affect how the damage will look on the car, I mean - will it be better damage modeller.
Or is it just meaning that they will try to fix the hiting-wall-free-space-trip bugs and such things like that.

Don`t misunderstand me, it isn`t "just", only me that demands big, when I really only should shut up
No clue, Scawen said he was working on the damage code, so I'm guessing it will just be fixing those bugs with.. well this bug of going through stuff and later finding yourself flying in the air.

I'd be surprised if we had any more visual damage, but we will have to wait and see.
Quote : I'd be surprised if we had any more visual damage, but we will have to wait and see.

(Preys a sillent prey)
So your fairly certain that we wont be flying anymore? That's wonderful news. I've waited my whole LFS life for this fix.
great! those barriers were problibly the worst bug in LFS
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :great! those barriers were problibly the worst bug in LFS

Have to agree
Tho they are barriers, they should act something like a normal wall, not a rocketpad!
Once this bug is fixed, every demo'er (or S2 users who do the same for that matter) will complain about how boring the Carpark is now

Does this also mean we dont get stuck in the wire fences after the chicane at FE too?
Hopefully, that is a different bug though, and that has been like that since S1, so who knows.

I hope so.
I actuall enjoy that bug, but thats probally only me that likes it
And, tho it is great it will be fixed, how many haven`t got a good laugh when you sending a mate out to a space-trip with some help?
Quote from XCNuse :Hopefully, that is a different bug though, and that has been like that since S1, so who knows.

I hope so.

Well, my layout would not have that problem anymore, or would it?
Quote from wheel4hummer :It isn't really a bug, it is just the frequency at which the collisions are calculated. Let's say the collision detection runs at 100Hz. That means that every 10ms, LFS checks to see if you have collided into a surface. But, in 10ms you may have moved enough distance that you are already imside the wall when the collisons are calculated. If you were going 200 m/s, then you might fly though the wall as if it is not even there!

Impossible to go 200 m/s in LFS, LFS resets you automatically before that speed.
How fast is that in km\h?
750 odd Km/h
Holy shit, yea no worriy on that, because I can`t think of any way to get that fast in LFS, even with the LFSTweak program.
LFS would automatically reset you before that speed.
How you know that btw?
Have your reached speeds that is up to the recet limit? And how fast is that?

Sorry for going off topic, just wanted to know.
I have a question, you cross the line yet you still continue at the same speed putting you through the wall and that glitch appearing, i think the main purpose of so much run off space is so you dont collide with the wall, you slow down turn around and back up the road.
Oh well i guess it was a nice find but i wouldnt say its a glitch or such, id just say dont crash into the wall slow down.
No, just not when you hit a barrier at an odd way it shooting you out.
You can't, your wheels are just spinning faster.

Car Park - Drag
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG