The online racing simulator
[REQUEST]coding help program
(11 posts, started )
#1 - vane
if some confident coder could make a program that you type in what you want an insim to do and it tells you what kind of scode would make it do such a thing, making you a nice insim, and teaching you how to make insims so that eventually you will learn how to make them, as im sure most of you dont know, i am a total noob to programming and i though there must be an easy way of learning. learning from a book may not relate in any way to lfs and programming insims so being able to learn using something that is related to lfs will make learning how to code them easier. hope someone can help me
thanks, Vane
#2 - vane
what i was thinking was like a console with buttons like add button and like action so that when a certain packet comes out(i think that is the right terminology)it does something when you go to certain coordinates it does something else and says something when you connect and leave pits both personal and visible to everyone
Quote from vane :learning from a book may not relate in any way to lfs and programming insims so being able to learn using something that is related to lfs will make learning how to code them easier.

Well learning from a book will teach you how to program, how to create a network connection and how to send and receive network data, which is 75% of what an InSim app needs to do. InSim itself is just the icing, building the cake takes programming knowledge. So it's not possible to learn how to make InSim programs without having a pretty good understanding of programming itself. If you want to learn to program, which you should cause programming is great fun, then there are many topics on the subject in the programmers forum.
#4 - vane
i cant actually find anything that actually tells you how to program any insims, maybe mix up the programmers section and the noob section to get noob programmer section, then can teach people how to code
Well that's because you need to learn to program first, then once you know how, building InSim appications is fairly straightforward. You really can't take one without the other I'm afraid, they go hand-in-hand. InSim is just a way of letting two programs communicate through a network. Scawen has built his program, so in order to use it you need to build your program too. That said, you shouldn't be afraid of learning to program, it's the most rewarding and challenging hobby I've found. Contrary to popular belief, it's a lot of fun too! In fact it's addictive fun!
#6 - vane
does anyone know any websites with flash animations that teaches you how to code or maybe a website that has some videos.
#8 - vane
i have visual c# on here, how did everyone here learn?
Read the book, do what it says, that's how I semi-learned Visual Basic.

There isn't really any other way of doing it, unless you're some mad scientist and have discovered a way of learning through osmosis.

It is like any other subject.

How many ways can you learn a difficult subject?
Sure you can learn it from others who have experience, but they all learned it from one source: the book.
Yes experienced people may have useful tips and tricks to learn things, but there is no better way to learn something than the most basic and primitive way than the book.
Quote from vane :i have visual c# on here, how did everyone here learn?

I'd suggest Sam's Teach Yourself C# in 21 Days. Those books are cool. I knew how to program before I learned C# though, so I didn't need any books, I just read the documentation that comes with Visual Studio.
There is no substitution for skill (Well, maybe luck, but that's neither here nor there). Simply learn how to program.

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG