The online racing simulator
Quote from Clownpaint :Ferrari appealed the court decision and Mclaren appealed the FIA decision. So half of the mentioned decisions were challenged.

That's to do with the spying thing, nothing to do with anything on track or what Lewis?
Quote from StewartFisher :It's been reported on the ITV website:

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=40287

This race has shown Lewis to be an arrogant, self-serving idiot. I hope the team fires him.

And again, because ITV said it doesnt mean its true. They are so narrow minded and so far up hamiltons arse that, at first they were denying that hamilton had disobeyed orders yesterday, and then it changed to them saying that he had done the right thing by disobeying orders :|
Quote from garph :That's to do with the spying thing, nothing to do with anything on track or what Lewis?

Ferrari Challenged the fact Lewis was allowed to retake -lead-lap- position under the Safety Car
Quote from BlueFlame :Ferrari Challenged the fact Lewis was allowed to retake -lead-lap- position under the Safety Car

They much have known that wouldnt hold. The rule is about as old as my granny, and its discussed by all the team principles before the weekend starts. As far as i can tell, its pretty similar to nascar lucky dog, but only takes effect after a red flag.
Quote from StewartFisher :This race has shown Lewis to be an arrogant, self-serving idiot. I hope the team fires him.

How has this race shown that he is arrogant? I have just seen that he drove yet another race without mistake and got a deserving win. No sign of arrogance.

And why should they fire him? Hes one of the best drivers and he is leading the championship.
Quote from DeKo :And again, because ITV said it doesnt mean its true. They are so narrow minded and so far up hamiltons arse that, at first they were denying that hamilton had disobeyed orders yesterday, and then it changed to them saying that he had done the right thing by disobeying orders :|

I think both sides admitted that there had been very strong words between Hamilton and Dennis, and Hamilton admitted that Dennis was furious with him after qualifying. I don't see any reason that exchange couldn't have taken place.
Quote from garph :You mean any professional sports person?

F1 is a team sport and to disobey team orders is unnacceptable. It is a matter of principle to me that if you sign a contract (which almost certainly included a clause to obey team instructions) then you should honour the contract. If you don't like it you should leave. Hamilton has lost what little respect I have for him.
Quote :Finally we have an actual winner, not a plucky loser like with every other sport and people react like this.

Why does his nationality matter? I've not supported a British driver since Damon Hill.
Quote from zeugnimod :How has this race shown that he is arrogant? I have just seen that he drove yet another race without mistake and got a deserving win. No sign of arrogance.

Disobeying direct team orders because he thought he knew better is pretty arrogant. If he keeps it up, it's grounds for firing him, too.
StewartFisher, why did you have little respect for him before? I mean, at least up to this point, he has shown nothing but professionalism and quality driving.
Quote from StewartFisher :I......

Sounds like you never had any respect for him (don't know why, he seems like one of the nicer guys, no worse than some), you seem to have very high standards that will rule out a lot of people that you could support or admire, maybe even a little naive to think that people at the highest level people will not do all they can to win or maybe that they might be a little selfish or arrogant and not an all-round hero type.

I don’t think the world of sport in general works the way you would like or is as nice a fluffy as you want it to be. World champions need, at least a little, of the very personality attributes that you seem to find so repulse and offensive.
Stew, this has been said to ME before, but you have a warped opinion on Forumla 1, do you just not Hamilton because of his race or something because you don't have a valid point of saying he is Arrogant?

It seems like you just don't like him, and i don't care what people say, but there is only 1 reason certain people don't like him, and its not because of his personality. Everyone else praises him, alot praise him TOO much I think, Its fair to say alot is down to what car he is driving * (*note not what TEAM he is driving for, because last years McLaren was VERY bad.) but the fact is, hes extremely good and today especially I have given my respect to him. And I didn't like him for that same one reason, but its made me realise it really doesn't matter who he is, what nationality he is, the fact his, hes the best driver on the Grid and I am a Kimi Raikkonen fan.
Quote from BlueFlame :do you just not Hamilton because of his race or something because you don't have a valid point of saying he is Arrogant?

Although I strongly disagree with most of Stewart's opinions I see no reason or evidence to even think something like that about him.
Quote from Albieg :Although I strongly disagree with most of Stewart's opinions I see no reason or evidence to even think something like that about him.

Neither do I, but thats the only reason i can think of, that someone would Dislike Hamilton.. Well, Unless they are jealous, they aren't as succesful in life.. Its not something be Jealous about though, its an Inspiration.
Quote from BlueFlame :Neither do I, but thats the only reason i can think of, that someone would Dislike Hamilton.. Well, Unless they are jealous, they aren't as succesful in life.. Its not something be Jealous about though, its an Inspiration.

The fact that Hamilton is equal to all others is self-evident to me. This means he has the same rights and can be judged by the same standards. So, if I want, I can dislike him, and I can tell for sure it would not a judgement based on the colour of his skin. In fact, I dislike some people more, the ones who try to profit - in one way or another - from that colour, bringing it into discussion any time they can to support their point of view, with no relevant evidence at all.
Quote from Albieg :The fact that Hamilton is equal to all others is self-evident to me. This means he has the same rights and can be judged by the same standards. So, if I want, I can dislike him, and I can tell for sure it would not a judgement based on the colour of his skin. In fact, I dislike some people more, the ones who try to profit - in one way or another - from that colour, bringing it into discussion any time they can to support their point of view, with no relevant evidence at all.

Don't beat around the bush, are you trying to say i stated that, so people would agree with me? If anything im fitting in. That seems to be the first thing people talk about, when talking about Black people or Muslims
Quote from BlueFlame :Don't beat around the bush, are you trying to say i stated that, so people would agree with me? If anything im fitting in. That seems to be the first thing people talk about, when talking about Black people or Muslims

You only fit in some commonplaces I won't buy since they are old as racism. If someone else does, it's not my fault. But before I point a finger, I need evidence.
Well done to BlueFlame for playing the racism card. No, it's nothing to do with his race. I couldn't care less what colour he is, it's his attitude that annoys me and causes me to dislike him. His comments regarding the 'monkeys at the back' showed complete disregard for those drivers who work just as hard as he does but in inferior cars and for none of the reward.
Here's a quotation from Hamilton on the ITV website:
Quote :When you don't obey a team order from your team boss, who has given you the opportunity. It's a difficult situation, but in the end you have to stand up for what you believe and how you feel. At the time I took that decision and that's just the way it went.

Hamilton obviously thinks that 'standing for what you believe in' (which, at that point, seemed to be screwing Alonso so Hamilton could take pole) is more important than integrity and honouring agreements. On that point I fundamentally disagree with him and I feel that it reflects very badly on his personality.

To those who claim that racing drivers need arrogance to be successful, look at Mika Hakkinen and Damon Hill as two recent world champions who didn't seem to need this 'self-belief', or whichever other synonym for arrogance you want to use.

I will confess to one irrational reason for my dislike of Hamilton. It's not his fault (though he doesn't seem to have done anything to stop them) but ITV's constant obsession over Hamilton really bugs me.
Nice way to totally mess up a thread and bring in something that wasn't even there.

Quote from BlueFlame :Don't beat around the bush, are you trying to say i stated that, so people would agree with me? If anything im fitting in. That seems to be the first thing people talk about, when talking about Black people or Muslims

Good job ruining the thread dude.

We don't need a post like that in a thread like this... Keep it clean fella
Quote from StewartFisher :

I will confess to one irrational reason for my dislike of Hamilton. It's not his fault (though he doesn't seem to have done anything to stop them) but ITV's constant obsession over Hamilton really bugs me.

Solution is to listen to the BBC's coverage on the radio, and mute the sound on the TV. I just don't like James Allen and his constant masturbatory coverage of the British drivers.

As for Hamilton not letting Alonso past in qualifying, well a driver is in a better position to judge his situation than the team who are on the other side of the track. Hamilton said he didn't want to compromise his own strategy by letting Kimi past him, which surely would have happened if he let Alonso past. I still think the team has the final say and the drivers should listen, but you shouldn't be too hard on the guy, Alonso reacted in the same way and Mclaren cocked up the strategy switch over. When your under so much pressure its easy to lose your head, remember Damon Hill was 33 when he entered F1 and Mika was very experianced by the time he was up the front end.

After all of that Hamilton seemed really down in the dumps, not seen him like that before, he wasn't angry he just seemed really upset by whats going on. Ron Dennis has admitted now that theres tension in the team between Alonso and Hamilton. I think the situation is that Alonso isnt happy and thinks he deserves a bit more of the attention since he is the proven champion, Hamilton may feel that everytime he beats Alonso the situation in the team gets worse. Ron is looking like a man having to cope with a lot of stress, which would suggest its close to being a divided team and he is trying to hold it all together.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :As for Hamilton not letting Alonso past in qualifying, well a driver is in a better position to judge his situation than the team who are on the other side of the track. Hamilton said he didn't want to compromise his own strategy by letting Kimi past him, which surely would have happened if he let Alonso past. I still think the team has the final say and the drivers should listen, but you shouldn't be too hard on the guy...

From what I understand the team has some scheme by which the drivers take it in turns to do one extra fuel burn lap during Q3 (thus giving them an advantage when it comes to their flying lap) and this time it was Alonso's turn. There was nothing for Hamilton to judge. If you look at the start of Q3 Hamilton had plenty of time in T1 and T2 to let Alonso through without having to let Raikkonen through. Of course it would have compromised Hamilton's strategy, but that's part of being in a team.
The fact of the matter seems to be that none of this would have happened had Hamilton stuck to the team plan and Alonso's been punished for it.
Quote :...Alonso reacted in the same way and Mclaren cocked up the strategy switch over.

I don't understand what you mean...
I don't agree with Stewart about some things (I think he prefers McLaren more than I), but I DO agree with him on Hamilton. Good, but certainly not a 'great'.
What a great race! Räikkönen was the best driver on the track today, no doubt. Ferrari had been the slower than McLaren for the whole weekend but he really did good job keeping up with Lewis. Who did what he was expected, good steady drive, on a track where overtaking is literally impossible. But Alonso once again, was pure rubbish. Mistakes after mistakes, a bit like in Montreal. It looks like his hot head cracks under pressure, and he starts to try too much and makes more mistakes. Not a good drive from World Champ.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Solution is to listen to the BBC's coverage on the radio, and mute the sound on the TV. I just don't like James Allen and his constant masturbatory coverage of the British drivers.

It's Steve Rider who bothers me the most. I get the impression he goes home after each GP weekend and lights candles in his basement where he keeps portraits of Hamilton and Button.

FWIW I don't like Hamilton much either, he seems like a bit of a cock.

F1 Hungarian GP 2007 *spoilers*
(193 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG