The online racing simulator
i got some sorta brain problem
(44 posts, started )
And I don`t quite understand it, even when I try to read what people have answered I don`t got it what this topic is about. Maybe it`s just me that is brain-damaged then?
Quote from The Very End :And I don`t quite understand it, even when I try to read what people have answered I don`t got it what this topic is about. Maybe it`s just me that is brain-damaged then?

Lol. I can't tell if you're being sarcastic. If you are, . If you're not, i think he has some kind of common disease that isn't harmful just associates different things with different sense. So if he ate an apple he would see the color red. Something like that.
Quote from ans7812 :Lol. I can't tell if you're being sarcastic. If you are, . If you're not, i think he has some kind of common disease that isn't harmful just associates different things with different sense. So if he ate an apple he would see the color red. Something like that.

I`m not sarcastic, lol I did really not understand it :s
But ok, it`s a disease, that gets you to associate differnt things with different sense? I think I understand...still very strange :S
Quote from The Very End :I`m not sarcastic, lol I did really not understand it :s
But ok, it`s a disease, that gets you to associate differnt things with different sense? I think I understand...still very strange :S

I'm not sure its a disease, its just the first word that came to mind. But regardless, it is strange.
Jimi Hendrix had synesthesia. Which is why a) he was a brilliant artist and b) if you think listen to certain songs, you can "hear" the colors he was translating.
hmm brtish people dont have dry humor after all
#32 - FL!P
Quote from The Very End :But ok, it`s a disease, that gets you to associate differnt things with different sense? I think I understand...still very strange :S

Yeah, different sensory inputs get mixed up somehow. To some people, certain words or sounds they hear have a specific taste, to others, some words or numbers they read are always associated with a color, and so on.

Saying some specific words to my wife give her the impression that she's eating something very acid, for example. Very handy to get her to make funny faces!

And I don't think it can be called a decease, really, because AFAIK synesthesia doesn't evolve with time like deceases do.
Is this something like:

I don't like pancakes because it tastes purple?

I know it's a decease, but I think it isn't a disaster to have it.
I don't know how you think about that though...
It's just that if I had it, I wouldn't find that a decease, but an extra sense. (maybe.)
Quote from funnybone2 :hmm brtish people dont have dry humor after all

Oh we do. And we've demonstrated that in this thread. But being American you won't spot British Humour (tm) until it's pointed out to you. And even then you'd think it was a red.
A Red? Ma, get mah gun ...
#36 - JTbo
Quote from BlakjeKaas :Is this something like:

I don't like pancakes because it tastes purple?

I know it's a decease, but I think it isn't a disaster to have it.
I don't know how you think about that though...
It's just that if I had it, I wouldn't find that a decease, but an extra sense. (maybe.)

You could think that again if you had only 10 different things you could eat, others taste same as puke also result of trying to eat something else causes puke.
Quote from tristancliffe :Oh we do. And we've demonstrated that in this thread. But being American you won't spot British Humour (tm) until it's pointed out to you. And even then you'd think it was a red.

Let's not generalize. At least us Americans don't put an extra "u" in every other word.
<wheel4hummer puts on his colourful armour>
#38 - Jakg
Quote from wheel4hummer :Let's not generalize. At least us Americans don't put an extra "u" in every other word.

Technically we didn't "put" it in, you "took" it out...
Quote from Jakg :Technically we didn't "put" it in, you "took" it out...

That's nonesense. Everybody knows that usa invented uk, and therefore uk-people add the 'u'.
#40 - JTbo
Quote from wheel4hummer :Let's not generalize. At least us Americans don't put an extra "u" in every other word.

Koska LFS on englantilainen tuote ja foorumi on englantilainen, eikö olisi järkevää keskustella englanniksi, eikä omalla äidinkielellään?

That is ignorant, imo
Definately Hypochondria
Quote from FL!P :Yeah, different sensory inputs get mixed up somehow. To some people, certain words or sounds they hear have a specific taste, to others, some words or numbers they read are always associated with a color, and so on.

Saying some specific words to my wife give her the impression that she's eating something very acid, for example. Very handy to get her to make funny faces!

And I don't think it can be called a decease, really, because AFAIK synesthesia doesn't evolve with time like deceases do.

Wouldn`t that be scary, if someone says shit and you will assosiate it with something and ...
Well... you got the point..
#43 - FL!P
Quote from The Very End :Wouldn`t that be scary, if someone says shit and you will assosiate it with something and ...
Well... you got the point..

Yeah, I suppose you can always find extreme cases. But considering (according to what I read) that many people have this condition for decades without even noticing it implies that in that many cases it's not a big handicap.

And in the case of my wife (the only one I can talk about first hand), the effect is very brief. When I said that it gives her the impression to eat something acid it was probably inappropriate, because when you eat the taste stays in your mouth for long. In her case, it's just a very brief feeling that goes away immediately.
Quote from FL!P :Yeah, I suppose you can always find extreme cases. But considering (according to what I read) that many people have this condition for decades without even noticing it implies that in that many cases it's not a big handicap.

And in the case of my wife (the only one I can talk about first hand), the effect is very brief. When I said that it gives her the impression to eat something acid it was probably inappropriate, because when you eat the taste stays in your mouth for long. In her case, it's just a very brief feeling that goes away immediately.

But still I find that strange, tho probally many people have it :/

i got some sorta brain problem
(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG