The online racing simulator
Do you run a host using WINE?
(97 posts, started )
Fully acceptable double post, Lib. For how long have your servers been running?
Hi,
i have run a Demoserver with 15 slots 4 days with permanently full/half load.

No errors.

All wine versions before never runs two days without the guestproblem(udp-loss).
Oh, ok. Sadly, from what I can gather 4 days isn't nearly enough to prove that there won't be any problems.
Sure,
we will see
We played yesterday race with 5 linux/wine servers and the results were great:

wine 0.9.39
5 servers -> 4 with 31 people and 1 with 22

We usually had the UDP packet loss issue with crowded servers but everything went ok yesterday. The servers had been running for only 4 or 5 days though. I'll report if the UDP issue appears again.
I'm quite happy to deal with that seeing as I don't need to run the servers more then 6 to 12 hours, at max 26 hours.
our Servers run fine till today, after i patched to X10 we had 2 Serverfreeze today.
Less than 10 Players on it.
I am running my servers on:

CentOS 4.5 and Wine 0.9.40
I'm runing RedHat 9 with wine 20030618
I apply succefully all tips find here : http://www.powie.de/cms/artikel/artikel.php?id=41
and everything works fine.

The most important is to modify the wine's config file and to change
the "GraphicsDriver" settings in :
"GraphicsDriver" = "ttydrv"

Originaly, it is set to use X11 driver, and after the modif, it uses only tty, so it don't need X11 to be loaded.

Hope this help
My servers have been running fine on Wine 0.9.42
Sorry for resurrecting this one guys, but I've got an interesting issue that I've noticed a few times, but thought nothing of until today.

It would appear that if you send absolute junk at LFS under wine, either over the InSim port, or the usual ports its configured to use, the dedi will stop servicing clients and start doing "something else". The reason why this is a concern is that whilst I was away over the weekend some little bugger from a comcast IP started sending shit at the UDP port that LFS was using, clocking up about 16GB Sunday and a further 5GB this morning - which I swiftly stopped when I got at my computer this morning. Now, LFS didn't really transmit anything out as far as I can tell, as the outgoing traffic is pretty devoid of anything unusual and nothing else odd has been picked up on the server. However, it just seems pretty weird that someone would do this without some sort of gain.

So, has anyone else noticed this, or any other strange behaviour?
Quote from the_angry_angel :Sorry for resurrecting this one guys, but I've got an interesting issue that I've noticed a few times, but thought nothing of until today.

It would appear that if you send absolute junk at LFS under wine, either over the InSim port, or the usual ports its configured to use, the dedi will stop servicing clients and start doing "something else". The reason why this is a concern is that whilst I was away over the weekend some little bugger from a comcast IP started sending shit at the UDP port that LFS was using, clocking up about 16GB Sunday and a further 5GB this morning - which I swiftly stopped when I got at my computer this morning. Now, LFS didn't really transmit anything out as far as I can tell, as the outgoing traffic is pretty devoid of anything unusual and nothing else odd has been picked up on the server. However, it just seems pretty weird that someone would do this without some sort of gain.

So, has anyone else noticed this, or any other strange behaviour?

Hey was this on Bose his lfs server? It was my InSim wich was running on his server, could it be that i programmed my InSim that bad :|?

I'll ask the one wich hosts my InSim's to check his bandwith..

Greetz Glenn
Quote from windstyle :Hey was this on Bose his lfs server? It was my InSim wich was running on his server, could it be that i programmed my InSim that bad :|?

It was, but unless you run it on a box with an IP of 67.165.40.4 and managed to point it at the COMPLETELY WRONG PORT, and put no sensible checking in, and didn't bother to check what it was doing, then I doubt it.

Either way, its blocked at the firewall and the transfer stopped about 30 seconds after I did this.
Quote from the_angry_angel :It was, but unless you run it on a box with an IP of 67.165.40.4 and managed to point it at the COMPLETELY WRONG PORT, and put no sensible checking in, and didn't bother to check what it was doing, then I doubt it.

Either way, its blocked at the firewall and the transfer stopped about 30 seconds after I did this.

nope then it wasn't the insim... it worked fine + it is on running on 80.202.132.*
#90 - ease
My LFS Server work good on:
Ubuntu Server Edition. Linux | 2.6.22-14-| i686
wine-0.9.46

Mono

Mono JIT compiler version 1.2.4 (tarball)
Copyright (C) 2002-2007 Novell, Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
TLS: __thread
GC: Included Boehm (with typed GC)
SIGSEGV: altstack
Architecture: x86
Disabled: none

LFS Dedi x31
5 servers on same machine,
Fedora core 4
wine 20050524

and no problems here
I upgraded wine to Debian unstable's version as of two weeks ago, I think it was 0.9.51 or 0.9.52. Unfortunately for some reason it didn't seem as stable as the one I was using before that. Servers were starting, but after some time (in the amount of hours, I think) they stopped by themselves without anything informative in the log file.

Then again, it's perhaps the strange way by which I'm starting them up. (I use screen, wineconsole --backend=curses, Start Windowed 0, /dedicated=invisible).

In any case, I've reverted to my favorite stable version: 0.9.34-1 (Debian Unstable). This has been running great and with no problems at all, with uptime of MONTHS for me!
Now running my servers on CentOS 4.6 and Wine 0.9.52
I have been itching to get a server running on mu Ubuntu rig, but the problem is that I can't even get the WINE installation to even START, and yes, I got the Ubuntu version, and I very carefully followed the instructions.
Quote from h3adbang3r :I can't even get the WINE installation to even START

Any output from wine ?
Do you run it with X or without ?
Hi,
i'm running my servers on Ubuntu 7.04 with wine 0.9.52.
It's works very well.
Without wanting to be rude, it has been almost a year since this thread was created and we know what the issues were, via this thread, and that the issues have been sorted in "recent" versions.

Bumping it without raising a new issue, and saying that "it works fine" is fairly irrelevant at present.

Do you run a host using WINE?
(97 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG