The online racing simulator
Carbon offsets.
(56 posts, started )
I actually offset the cost of electricity for my teams computers in a league I raced in not long ago. It was something I was willing to try, it wasn't well received so I have gone back to donating to charity and running Cancer Research UK skins sometimes. Until we get someone come round and say they can make our house totally self sufficient for a low enough price then I don't think anything I do will have much impact.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I actually offset the cost of electricity for my teams computers in a league I raced in not long ago.

How did you do that? And, if you plant trees to offset the electricity, what about the gas you burnt going to where you are planting the trees?
Donated money to an organisation that planted trees and conserved existing forests. I donated double the amount I needed to to cover the cost of a season racing in the league, taking into account potential travel expenses and even trips to the shops to buy food and water to recover from the races.

The skins were not run in the end but the money was already donated, we just decided it would complicate things switching skins mid-season.
Attached images
ATC_Quicksilver-XRT.jpg
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Donated money to an organisation that planted trees and conserved existing forests.

What did they use to transport the tree saplings, and explore the forests? Harry Potter's wand and broomstick?
Don't be stupid, Harry was busy fighting Voldemort! so they used someone elses wand and broomstick...pffft!

No there was several pages on the methods of transport they use and how they offset their own transportation. I chose them because they were one of the few who cared about conservation, rather than just planting new trees.
#56 - JTbo
I already pay environment taxes in my electricity, ~30% or something like that, I'm sure there is enough for environment and whatever you can come up with

Carbon offsets.
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG