The online racing simulator
driving force pro...on pc??
(17 posts, started )
hii, i am new here , i thinking about buy the "driving force pro":eclipsee_, but is possible to use on my pc??, because in the logitech page shows that is only for PS2, but i reading threads about people using this wheel for PC, on LFS, so, how its possible to use this wheel on PC, i mean, i can find drivers on internet or drivers are not necessary and only needs windows auto-detection??
the link below explains everything i use the dfp myself.
The PS/2 DFP works perfectly on PC you can use the standard Logitech Gaming Software (LGS) Version: 4.60 for the wheel.

Choose your language and download them from the logitech website

http://www.logitech.com/index. ... ,CRID=1788,contentid=6203

or the WingMan Team web site, mentioned above, which is maintained by the development team from Logitech.

It's just one software for a lot of wheels, joysticks and gamepads etc.
nice, thanks all, now i will buy the DFP and then the:lfs: S2 n_n
wohooo
Quote from Gabkicks :the link below explains everything i use the dfp myself.

Maybe you should click that link a few times yourself mate, he was only making sure that it did work before spending money on something he wasn't 100% sure about.

Make sure you get a brand new one, I bought a older driving force and i'm having problems with that, all after the "super 28 days warranty" ran out, but I reported a fualt before this and might get a replacement.

Ps. It was Just deals who I got this wheel off, ebayers who sell their refurbished but in working order (yea right) merchandise.
maybe you should click the link too there are probably thousands of threads asking the same exact question. stop postwhoring and/or being an internet warrior.
tell alzy i said hi
Bawbag, guess who I got my original DFP from..

When did you buy it? In the last 3 months? If you paid via Paypal tell them the product is faulty and the seller will not co-operate with you and they'll refund you. When I put in a Paypal claim after mine went faulty (within 2 weeks!!) the guy didn't even bother replying to it, so I got an automatic refund.

Then phoned Logitech up (twice, first time I was told to go to the retailer) and eventually got it all sorted out. They were really helpful the 2nd time I phoned up (first time they were absolutely useless).
hey guys,

this is probably a stupid question, but if i get a DFP wheel, i can use it for ps2 as well, right? the wheel doesn't need to be modified or anything to use with pc? do i need to buy an adapter to connect it to my pc? and can i get any add ons for the wheel, like a clutch pedal or H-pattern shifter? like i said, these are probably stupid questions, but im pretty new to this so just want to make sure before i go and spend my money.

cheers,
kyle
nope.. no mods are needed. it works perfectly on the pc as long as you have the latest logitech wingman software. do a search on driving force pro or dfp and you should find tons of stuff. either here, on rscnet, or on gtplanet. every question you have has probably already been answered
Quote from Gabkicks :nope.. no mods are needed. it works perfectly on the pc as long as you have the latest logitech wingman software. do a search on driving force pro or dfp and you should find tons of stuff. either here, on rscnet, or on gtplanet. every question you have has probably already been answered

You're not kidding there. I must have posted half of them.
Quote from Gabkicks :maybe you should click the link too there are probably thousands of threads asking the same exact question. stop postwhoring and/or being an internet warrior.
tell alzy i said hi

This is a FORUM, if people didn't ask questions that had allready been asked no one would have any questions would they? Take your own advise and stop being the perfect internet warrior.

Rtbasic thanks for the advise, If I don't get any reply from them I will contact Paypal as the Force feedback didn't work to start with, and now it's as if it's not sending the right signal to the pc resulting in the wheel on screen jumping around.

Maybe i'll just contact Pay pal now, get it sorted quick.

Regards,
worst is..
these ppl wanna grow the LFS community, but they keep treating newbies as s**t.
(in both forums and races)
#14 - JTbo
Under this thread there is this similar threads thing, very handy, it shows lot of stuff from this wheel, just noticed that one :P

Well, there is too many ppl in the world, so everyone is getting more and more selfish bastard, no wonder newbies get bad impression
Quote from Bawbag :It was Just deals who I got this wheel off, ebayers who sell their refurbished but in working order (yea right) merchandise.

Funnily enough, that's who I bought my "reconditioned" Driving Force wheel from. When it arrived the FFB didn't work, so I had to pop it open and start soldering, and the steering pot needed spraying regularly or it would give nasty spiky inputs. Eventually the FFB died again, and this time I couldn't fix it, so I just bought a DFP (new) last week.

I never bothered contacting them when mine arrived faulty. The returns policy states that you have to pay shipping to return anything, and shipping it back and forth would've cost more than I paid for it in the first place anyway.

All in all I got about four months out of the "reconditioned" wheel but it never worked 100% properly. I only bought it to evaluate LFS properly with a wheel, and it was only a tenner so I wasn't all that fussed about it, but it sucks that this guy's making a living out of shipping broken kit.
Quote from Gabkicks :nope.. no mods are needed. it works perfectly on the pc as long as you have the latest logitech wingman software. do a search on driving force pro or dfp and you should find tons of stuff. either here, on rscnet, or on gtplanet. every question you have has probably already been answered

awesome!
thanks for your help guys, looks like im off to the shops tomorrow!!
Quote from thisnameistaken :Funnily enough, that's who I bought my "reconditioned" Driving Force wheel from. When it arrived the FFB didn't work, so I had to pop it open and start soldering, and the steering pot needed spraying regularly or it would give nasty spiky inputs. Eventually the FFB died again, and this time I couldn't fix it, so I just bought a DFP (new) last week.

I never bothered contacting them when mine arrived faulty. The returns policy states that you have to pay shipping to return anything, and shipping it back and forth would've cost more than I paid for it in the first place anyway.

All in all I got about four months out of the "reconditioned" wheel but it never worked 100% properly. I only bought it to evaluate LFS properly with a wheel, and it was only a tenner so I wasn't all that fussed about it, but it sucks that this guy's making a living out of shipping broken kit.

Nasty spiky inputs is exactly what i've been getting! I was just hitting it and stuff and it would go perfect for a few hours, I e-mailed Justdeals and I told them I had sent the wheel away a couple of weeks ago and i'm worried about it as i've had no reply from them and had no return wheel. I obviously hadn't as I had league races etc to deal with but the women ew-mailed back and said that we too are concerned as we havn't received your wheel (funnally enough!) but as it's the X-mas rush they will send a new one out straight away and wait for the fault one to get delivered.

Now I know not to buy off them again, good job it was only £24 and theres no way i'm spending a further £8 on something which was their fault.

Btw my FF doesn't work either, I tried to get into the Barsteward but need to get a screwdriver which gets right into them stupid screws like 3 inches into the body! illepall

I will post up on the status of my new wheel which hopefully should get tommorow if it comes as quick as the last one.

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG