The online racing simulator
Quote from Becky Rose :Hi Vic, it appears there was a little bug on the admin interface that's now been fixed and the licence rectified. Sam appologises

I forgive Sam

I was thinking it would be nice if on the detailed licence top list the number of races that you participated in could also be shown. or is that cumulative and not separated by each licence? I mean, on the nice licence, generated by the system, it is obviously cumulative for all 3 licences, but would it be possible for when viewing them separately to have them counted and shown on that list?

I mean here: http://www.raceauthority.com/topss.asp
In front of wins, you could squeeze in Total Races as well.

It is good to know how many finishes you had and how many races you won/were placed on the podium from those.

Is this possible?
There's so many possibilities with this system as far as stats are concerned, I would like to see Sam implement another web page that would include stats to show overall Licence details such as a Top Podium % Table, Race win % Table, Yellow flag count table (Clean Racers - So Lowest % would be top) just to mention a few this IMO would add a little extra to an already great system.
I think the point system is fair and good, I got two points last night even if my placing was 10th or something.

There is just one little bug, you should get -1 point for passing a car before T1 maybe that would cool down all "IWannaBeFirstInT1" drivers. (I know this would never work to implement.!)
first of all well done to all who worked there arses off to bring us ctra..you did a great job guys and girls.
all this fussing about points is a little stupid,in rl there are many tiers of racing that lead up th what is considered the best F1,,and in each of these only the top drivers make any headway in the racing field of there choice,how many times have we seen a whole season of F1 be dominated by one or two drivers,,its just the way of the world,,as far as i can see that is where ctra is going with the single seater class,,racing in the bf1 and i for one wouldnt like to be in a 20 grid race in that beast with out the expirience of coming up through the ranks of servers 1 and then 2,but i will one day get there. and when i do i want to be confident enough not to crash everyone and myself off at the first bend,,so all and all i think those at ctra have got things just about right..
the only thing i would say that is a little negative is that maybe the admins could keep a closer eye on the first turn of some of the races at the moment as people seem to have forgotten about racing maners in the short time that the servers have been down.... namely not letting people repass after a knock and not giving way under blue flag conditions,mainly because they are at the same pace as the guy behind,,blue flag means give way folks,not just if you feel the guy behind is quicker than you.....
my whole two pence worth in one go
Quote from CELTIC100 :There's so many possibilities with this system as far as stats are concerned, I would like to see Sam implement another web page that would include stats to show overall Licence details such as a Top Podium % Table, Race win % Table, Yellow flag count table (Clean Racers - So Lowest % would be top) just to mention a few this IMO would add a little extra to an already great system.

We just need a little time to get some data into the fields before turning on these stats on the site, so that stuff doesn't just look stupid when we pull the numbers out
You look stupid Sam, Can't believe that

PS. So I suppose it was your idea all along don't follow me as LFS states Celtic100 took wrong route
hehe!

I've run out of time.. I wanted to get the userbars done before I set off, but I'm leaving now and they're not finished. I'll try and get them finished while I'm away - it's just the code that needs doing - but I don't know how feasible that is.

I'm off on hols.. watch my forum country flag to see where I last got an internet connection! See yas all when I get back (though probably before.. I can't keep away for 2 weeks!)
Have a good jolly, Sam. Stay away from the sailors this time.
Have fun! enjoy the decent weather, just remember the rain will be here waiting for you!
Have a good one Sam you deserved it mate.

just come back refreshed and finsh part 2
Quote from CELTIC100 :There's so many possibilities with this system as far as stats are concerned, I would like to see Sam implement another web page that would include stats to show overall Licence details such as a Top Podium % Table, Race win % Table, Yellow flag count table (Clean Racers - So Lowest % would be top) just to mention a few this IMO would add a little extra to an already great system.

+1

More stats, stats, stats.

oh yeah, throw in a G25 for all new signups too......
Is it a good idea (for the single seater leage) to stimulate people to progress to the next server?
One way to do that is to stop giving them points when they drive on a lower server.
Then you also don't have to give people a licence to drive the F08 or Bf1 when they can only drive the slow F0X properly.
A good F0X driver can with the currend system collect enough point to skip the formula junior.
I have noticed that it's harder to gain points in CTRAX (as has been pointed out in many other places) and I do agree that it was a little too easy to gain points before and that people should work hard to rise up the rankings.

I also agree with some other racers that laptime now has a little too much bias when it comes to point scoring, but is not a particularly major issue.

I have however noticed some strange instances of points awarded to racers finishing near the bottom of the table for no obvious reason, usually with a several people scoring 0pts in the midfield with faster laptimes. Below are a few examples that caught my eye (timestamped at BST yymmddhhmm).

I have no pretence of my laptimes being fast on the below shots, as I know they weren't, I'm very out of practise

Well done on the new system, I do like it overall and I apreciate the amount of hard work you've put in

This was a negative value bug that I still dont understand, but it was fixed last night - I need to wait until the servers are packed full again before I can be absolutely sure it's gone.

I also changed the algortyhm ages ago, but nobody noticed and they all say they cant get points still and that the system is wrong - which just goes to show that moaning is a compulsive reflex action.
Quote from Becky Rose :I also changed the algortyhm ages ago, but nobody noticed and they all say they cant get points still and that the system is wrong - which just goes to show that moaning is a compulsive reflex action.

Hehehe
I feel some anger Becky? I am aware and apreciate all the work... really.
I like racing here!

We can only react to what we see the system do. Yesterday night i got points. I dont really know if its the algorythm? Problem for me was i did not expect them as my finish was not well. i screwed up a good position "again". I was relatively fast (broke my PB) but not with the top guys.

First i thought its not position but laptime mainly but now i dont know what it reward me for? Fighting on track maybe.

I know it might feel as personal Becky but we only strive to make system perfect... I hope.
No anger, just some despair .

The system was giving points to drivers finishing around 15th and lower, it was a bug that I patched last night and need to double check it is fixed tonight when the server is full again.

This is because the system, believe it or not, does award points to finish position. The whole misconception about lap times being the only factor was brought about by drivers who where extremely slow according to the data i've looked at, and consequently they got no points even if their position was good.
Becky, just to be blunt then. How many seconds after the leaders do i have to finish to get points?

Now i can manage after considerable laps to get up to 2-3 seconds. My problem sometimes is i am too neat, too careful. Am afraid to overdrive my/car limits and crash.

Just to get some perspective as to where i am standing.
Notice that aside from the bug that allowed those in 14-15th or so to get the odd point, that in the screenshots above only those in the top 7 or 8 are getting points. Start there, and worry about pace afterwards. Pace is not that important if you are capable of getting results on a full server - it will just effect how many points you score.
Believe it or not (well you can check probably) but i am usually finishing in top 10. 6-8th i have finished regularly. And never gotten points so I am worried more about the pace then position now Maybe its in the full server part? How does the system handle the midrace joiners in this. People crashing and rejoining? Is the race for the system now less full maybe?

I am just fishing a bit Becky as according to your statement about position i should have gotten points more often?
Well maybe its the algorythm change. I just will try again tonight
The cars in race measurement is taken at race start, as these are the people you have beaten ... whether they retired or not. Mid race joiners are not counted, but a driver who was there at the race start and then crashed and rejoined is counted, as you beat them.

The change I made was to make the time threshold larger, it's now at 108%. However if you are only just in 108%, and only just in the top 10, then you might find that you are not getting a point because fractions are rounded down - but a little bit more pace/position should do it. If it's top 10 finish out of 11 cars, then my statement here does not apply .
Quote from Becky Rose :The cars in race measurement is taken at race start, as these are the people you have beaten ... whether they retired or not. Mid race joiners are not counted, but a driver who was there at the race start and then crashed and rejoined is counted, as you beat them.

The change I made was to make the time threshold larger, it's now at 108%. However if you are only just in 108%, and only just in the top 10, then you might find that you are not getting a point because fractions are rounded down - but a little bit more pace/position should do it. If it's top 10 finish out of 11 cars, then my statement here does not apply .

Point taken, though i rarely race at server 2 but at SS1 at the moment, so that should not be a problem.
Lol... I was about to say I'm understanding some of the thought behind the points, and the situation "may" not be as bad as I had presumed... Sorry about that.

Single-Seaters, its very hard to get that int'B license, but hopefully that class will fill up and be a BIG filter against "mid-race wreckers" as i call em.

Thanks for the work you've done.
First of all Becky, a BIG thank you for the 108% threshold..I feel that this will still encourage people to try and go faster, but will also reward those that race clean!
Second point, I have noticed weird things on my license...it doesn't seem to be logging race starts! so far I have finished a LOT more races than I have started...last time I looked I was at something like 400% completion!!
I haven't had much chance to race on the servers recently because of work, but would like to get the stats right before I get another chance...thanks

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG