The online racing simulator
Class Balancing
(38 posts, closed, started )
I really dont get the fascination of forcing people to drive a slower car round there. Whatever car you have the best chance of doing well should be the car you race, If they'll supposedly even themselves out over a race then whats the problem? people will pick what they prefer surely.

Qualifying has no reflection on tyre wear and doesnt show consistancy only the result of 1 lap. The XRG will always rule that race, so the XRG will easily dominate the top end of the qualifying meaning the few (forced) XFG's in the top race get to race with a ton of XRGs and the remaining XFGs that could have done well in the race where *supposedly* its balanced out but they cant cos they're in the lower server.

And as for doing it based on both drivers, wtf would we want to do that for?
Surely the best race should be had by the best 30 (or whatever) drivers not the best 15+ combined scores and hauling drivers with a not so hauling teammate get dragged down because some people thing forcing their teammate to drive the slower car is a genius idea??

Switch the tracks for the love of god, put it onto a track where its fair without telling people what to drive.
GTR's at Blackwood is a bit tight for 17 cars in MoE let alone 30 or whatever the new limit is, they would be better suited to a larger track like KY GP Long or an Aston track where they're slightly spread out but will still see plenty of action instead of needing to be lapping a backmarker every other corner.
Why dont we swap KY2r with GTRs and put XFG/XRG on Blackwood GP
Its the most probly the best combo for the XFG/XRG to be even

XFG - 1:32.890
XRG - 1:32.750

If Kyoto ring Nation Reverse is to short for GTR we can use this
August 25th - Blackwood GP - XFG/XRG
September 8th - South City Town - MRT
September 22nd - Westhill International - XFR/UFR
October 6th - Aston North - TBO
October 20th - Kyoto Ring Long - GTR
November 3rd - Fern Bay Green Reverse - LRF
November 17th - Kyoto Ring National Reverse - F08
December 1st - Aston Grand Touring Reverse - FOX[/color]
(every fortnight on saturday)

I need your opinions asap. If not i will make the decisions myself, sorry but we need to get things sorted.
I said long time ago that KY2R is not for those car, but no one listened to me.

TBH BL normal is boring and everyone knows it. I say let's do rev or some other track! Only other track i've found that this cars are equal is Aston Club Rev. Also they are almost same on aston north and north rev but we have tbo there They are almost equal on SO Classic but we have one problem whit SO combo don't make another

I suggest to chose one of these (i'd like to see as club rev more)
first car is XFG then XRG
BL GP rev 1:34.06 - 1:33.96
AS club r 1:22.24 - 1:22.22
#29 - Jakg
I don't get it - the XRG is ONLY faster if you can control it - if you can't its slower.

Why are you now gonna force me to drive an XFG because some driver can't drive an XRG properly? This is Battle Of The Teams, to find the best drivers, and overall the best (subjective!) team - why it should it cater for someone who can't drive car y or isn't good in it?
huh?

We are trying to find a track where the 2 cars are more evenly matched
ky2r with gtrs and xfg/xrg on bl1 sounds fine.
BL1 rev for the xrg/xfg as standard config is over used. GTR's @ kyoto, good idea
Quote from N I K I :I said long time ago that KY2R is not for those car, but no one listened to me.

You werent the only one, not sure if i said so in here or on our team forum that its a sucky combo.

Quote from N I K I :I suggest to chose one of these (i'd like to see as club rev more)
first car is XFG then XRG
BL GP rev 1:34.06 - 1:33.96
AS club r 1:22.24 - 1:22.22

BL1R is cool, more of a fan of the Original, its like the F1 season not visiting Monaco, V8s not going to Bathurst, and Nascar not (boring the hell out of most race fans) having Daytona. BL1 is LFS through and through.
But BL1R sounds good, and while someone mentioned it'd need rules for the chicane at the end of the lap, i dunno about that, its racing you both need to use common sense, but whenever ive raced there with a large number of racers i've still rarely seen let alone been involved in such an incident. Common sense and race awareness is all thats needed.

I think Club is just a little too dull, theres only really 3 corners to the track and they're seperated by flat out stretches so there isnt much of a challenge. BL is just more demanding with a good mix of corners in there.
I suggested Bl1 right at the beginning

looks like it will be bl1 or bl1r, putting up a pole soon
will the GTRs be fine for KY2R?
Yea AS Club or rev is not really a challenge, but it's hell of fun place to race
If everyone wants BL GP rev so let it be. And i absolutely agree whit GTR's at Kyoto National Rev (we don't need two races on same track, and no race on Kyoto)
Quote from Jakg :I don't get it - the XRG is ONLY faster if you can control it - if you can't its slower.

+1 for your post
Quote from Jakg :I don't get it - the XRG is ONLY faster if you can control it - if you can't its slower.
Quote from Kdovi :+1 for your post

Fact of the matter is that its got nothing to do with being able to drive it, its got to do with the fact that theres absolutely no balance between the 2 packs of cars, it might as well be XRG and UF1

If you dont want to be forced into driving a specific car, then stop bloody whining about the fact that people are suggesting that a more EQUAL alternative is found, rather than whining about the fact that the car you clearly seem to favour happens to have a rather unfair 0.6sec advantage over the alternative.
If the combo stayed as originally suggested then it WOULD have been a 99% XRG race, so much for whining about forcing people into one specific car.

Why cant people see past their own selfish wants and see something that actually benefits the racing?? Is it too much to ask to actually think about reasons why something is changed?
Round 1 will now be Blackwood Reverse - XFG/XRG

GTR's Will now Race at Kyoto Ring National Reverse
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG