The online racing simulator
Track objects on/off
(13 posts, started )
Track objects on/off
As the title says, i suggest the possibility to enable/disable the track objects, for low-end PCs benefit of improved framerate even with a considerable number of cars ahead.

The idea is that, much like NASCAR Racing 2003, you could choose between 3 levels of "population".

None (absolutely nothing around the track. only objects that are essential to the simulation are visible)
Some (a few buildings here and there. for the users who want some detail o the tracks, but doesn't have the power needed to go with the maximum setting below)
Full (maximum eyecandy. for those whohave a pc to do it of course)

So, what do you guys think?
could help i suspose. But most people on here have PC's which run LFS at a playable rate. Would'nt hurt to have it added so its a +1 from me
Bump.

No support to my idea?
I have a crap PC (sub-20 fps online in some spots) so, yeah, why not

+1
#5 - ajp71
^^ I have a crap PC as well but it isn't limited by my (cheap) graphics card so I can run fairly high detail levels without a noticeable drop, what really makes a difference is the draw ahead distances, which changes the number of cars and therefore physics objects the processor has to deal with.
I thought LFS already had a system like this in place?

Ah well, +1 anyways.
Great idea i have low-end pc and this idea is great

+1 Fron here
________
Green crack pictures
+1000 for a no eye candy option, just the track and everything up to the wall.
+1

Allow for the people with good computers to have 1024 textures everywhere and all new shiny lighting etc etc etc.

I'd love night racing
Even though this is 2007 and most computers that are newer than 2002 can run LFS smoothly, I agree with this idea, because some people still have pre-2002 PC and it's a shame they can't play LFS or get off their fat ass, get a job and buy a computer.
Yeah, goddamit, how dare those lazy bastards not have the cash to spend on PC upgrades that are vital to their gaming habits ...
Exactly! I see your sarcasm and raise you a sentence of sense and truth.

People are just used for their mommies and daddies buying them things and it's sad. I enjoy TV shows like "My Super Sweet 16", where kids get a red Porsche and then get raged because they wanted a black one. Buy them a trycicle next time.

Although, as I said, nothing wrong with the suggestion itself.
Big plus 1 for me. My crap vid card cripples my frame rate 23fps when I'm alone... you don't want to know wot its like on grid. lol... I'd love to be able to toggle off everything outside the track, including buildings. Especially for South City.

Track objects on/off
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG