The online racing simulator
Fuel Light
(12 posts, started )
Fuel Light
There could be a fuel light what could light when fuel is above 2%
Quote from Andrus EST :There could be a fuel light what could light when fuel is above 2%

Don't you mean below 2%?

Usually they come on when you are low on fuel!
Should be 5 or 10% fuel
Thats more realistic.

Tho it would look strange on short races with the fuel light indicator lightned up all the time.
#5 - xt
Quote from The Very End :Tho it would look strange on short races with the fuel light indicator lightned up all the time.

true :] that would be strange

but i support this idea
Quote from The Very End :Should be 5 or 10% fuel
Thats more realistic.

Yeah 2% is too low! Or maybe it just works out when you have two laps left of fuel remaining.
#7 - Osco
Thats more realistic.

Tho it would look strange on short races with the fuel light indicator lightned up all the time.

why is that strange, you are running low fuel anyway...

perhaps have it light up with fuel remaining for one and a half lap, just enough to make it to the box...or not
It should be when it reaches the amount you used for your last lap. So if it takes 2% per lap it comes on at 2%. If it takes 0.8% it comes on at 0.8%.
That means it always gives you a full lap warning to go and fill up, and if you miss it you need a slap
Quote from Dajmin :It should be when it reaches the amount you used for your last lap. So if it takes 2% per lap it comes on at 2%. If it takes 0.8% it comes on at 0.8%.
That means it always gives you a full lap warning to go and fill up, and if you miss it you need a slap

Thats a really good soultion for it
How hard will it be for the DEV`s to implent it? If it`s too much work for them I rather see them doing other stuff than using a lot of time on this
Quote from Dajmin :It should be when it reaches the amount you used for your last lap. So if it takes 2% per lap it comes on at 2%. If it takes 0.8% it comes on at 0.8%.

Thats a good idea! At least then it is variable and not fixed to some amount that people would disagree with!
#11 - xt
may be interesting
im often driving in a city, and in addinction to fuel light i liked to add a fuel sensor in fuel tank
(usualy, when driving car uphill or downhill, taking turn left or right at higher speed, fuel level varies, depending on sensor position in fuel tank)

so when you drive short races, that light can light on and off depending on track and driving style
Thats more realistic.

Yes.. but on some race machines fuel warnings are customizable, as far as I think I know :|

Also, some GTR/Prototype class cars often have large LEDs on the sides of the cars to visually alert the pit crew of fuel status, so that they dont have to 'ask' the driver. Some forms of racing allow the pits to even monitor fuel levels from the garage!

But, overall, I think a custimizable fual warning light based on driver preference would be prefereable, or nice!

I would set it to 2% on most cars, but to 10%on BF1.. It could be an option to include into car setups, as 'when' you pits for fuels is setup specifice, and track specific - but also stradegy specific... .

You could lock it to 10% son stock road machines, or wherever... customizable n Race/GTR machines, Customizable in FO8, and NOT included in BF1 (as you have a detailed in-cocpit fuel display already inBF1)

Fuel Light
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG