The online racing simulator
Licenses reseted?
(37 posts, started )
Licenses reseted?
This morning everything was going well, but about a hour ago,
we stopped getting license points, and then everybody had copper license.
Is this some kind of bug in the system or something?

Btw, the new system is cool!
And sorry about my bad english.
Indeed, every race is earning no points for anybody, and a lot of licences have been reset to zero Copper. Apparently (I hear from Jakg), the database crashed and has locked itself to prevent further damage, so we're just practicing until it gets fixed.

Any idea on a timeframe for this, and if that's what actually happened?

DE
It's a self defence mechanism, the software is protecting the database. I've just woken up and am about to have a coffee, but i'll fix it.
I can restart it straight away, but it'll fall over I need to debug - and I NEED coffee ! I was up to 5:30am sorting out teathing problems, but we couldnt track this because it's caused by a particular player (something in their name I dont know) anyway i'm going to look at the debug info now.
When setting a lap record I wasnt stripping the ' character from the stored player name, this caused problems with the SQL write because ' is a special character. It's now fixed.
Excellent work, well done. Good to see you can fix things that quickly, even after such a late night working! How useful coffee can be

Now, rather than make a new thread and clutter up the forum, I'm afraid I've got another problem to point out - in-server, under the $ctra screen, where I can enter my names to go on my licence - Trying to enter 'McKee' is disliked by the field, and instead it replaces my last name with 'Mckee'. Obviously, this is the system automatically setting the first character to be capitalised and forcing all others to be lowercase, but not everyone's name is like that
I've seen other systems (in totally different applications, but the same problem) that do this, but is there anything you can do about the automatic Capital Police making my name wrong? I'd like to see my full name on my pretty new licence

I'm only mentioning this minor gripe because I know you'd want it to work perfectly for everyone

Sam
Given that we're still fighting the l337 brigade on name entry i'll hold off on coding support for that at the moment, there's a few that I think it should support, like 'MacX' and 'de' and 'de la' and so on, for now i'll get SamH to modify your details. He probably wont wake up for a bit, he was still up when I turned in at 5:30 this morning...
Ah, of course, I forgot about the scope for 'unusual' names in that field...
Thanks for that, anyway.

Sam
ok, support for 'Mc' 'Mac' 'de' and 'de la' is in, if you enter your details again it *should* work.
I've just done it from the website, and that worked - maybe it would have accepted it from there all along, I should have tried that first! I'll try it ingame and let you know. Thanks

Sam
So have the license stats been reset as well? i've just been racing on the Race 1 server and my licence shows the stats from today only, nothing from before the CTRA servers were shut down a few weeks back. I didn't use the servers all that much last time round, but i'm sure i've won more than 2 races, and is it possible to get from a brand new copper licence up to 21% progress to Silver in just 10 finishes including 2 wins?
#13 - Jakg
"as well"?

NO Licenses were "reset", it was a problem with the program, everything should be back to normal.

The program is only recording laps, wins, podiums, races etc from when the Patch X version went up
Looks to me like you joined at a time when the database was doing something dodgy, and it's now back normal - ie, it did lose your stats, and then regained them. Unless I'm very much mistaken, you couldn't have got that many points in that amount of races. Is it back to how it was before the server shutdown a while back?

EDIT - The lap counters still have the values from before CTRA-X, Jak
This results in some interesting stats..
"You have competed in: 26 races and driven 969 laps on the CTRA system."

Sam
Quote from Becky Rose :ok, support for 'Mc' 'Mac' 'de' and 'de la' is in, if you enter your details again it *should* work.

While your at it, can you add support for "do" and "da" too? Quite common here in Portugal. Oh and "van" and "van de" Ok, maybe there's too much of them...
Well, i've only just in the last hour and a half done the races that are showing up on my stats, they match my stats in LFS world under 'Todays Stats'. Basically what it looks like is, its been recording stats just fine since the X system went online, but my previous stats from before the revamp (STCC era) have not been migrated, only the licence type (ie Bronze).
#17 - Jakg
yes, the system wasn't recording stuff like podiums etc before the new system came in but your points should still be there
Sorry to say it, Becky, but it turns out that when I try and write it ingame, 'McKee' is still replaced without the capital 'K'. It's fine via the website, but doing it from $ctra in-server still doesn't work. :S

Sam
Quote from GFresh :So have the license stats been reset as well? i've just been racing on the Race 1 server and my licence shows the stats from today only, nothing from before the CTRA servers were shut down a few weeks back. I didn't use the servers all that much last time round, but i'm sure i've won more than 2 races, and is it possible to get from a brand new copper licence up to 21% progress to Silver in just 10 finishes including 2 wins?

Laps, Yellows and STCC licence level have been migrated, all other stats are new with the X-System.
Ok, thanks Becky and Jakg, that clears things up
Quote from Gil07 :While your at it, can you add support for "do" and "da" too? Quite common here in Portugal. Oh and "van" and "van de" Ok, maybe there's too much of them...

...aaaaand:
" van den ", " van der ", " d' "

edit: also "del" as in "del Horno" and " de l' " as in "de l'Hopital".
If one of them works, they all should

For now, if you enter it via the raceauthority website, it works whatever you try and type into it

DE
Okies, I didnt think of those, i'll put em in.
Ok i got 8th few mins ago and no points nor was the point thing didint show if i got points so is it still down dran i was getting 8ths just my luck i guess.
The system is not down at the current time, it was restarted just prior to the single seater server coming online though - but you'd have had to cross the line in a window of about 2 seconds for it to effect you.

All seeing website say, "Licences are earned through both excellence and "cleanliness" in driving. Licences are not easily attained and are not a rite of passage".

Licenses reseted?
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG