The online racing simulator
Licenses reseted?
(37 posts, started )
maybe its a good thing my PC is out till next week. all the bugs can be worked out of the system
#28 - SamH
Super, thank you
Murphy's Law says the system can only fall over when I am asleep.
Quote from Becky Rose :Murphy's Law says the system can only fall over when I am asleep.

Easily avoided then...just completely forego any sleep at all, and the servers will work perfectly all the time!

Bladey sends Becky a lifetime supply of Coffee and Red Bull!!
Well, of course. Not to worry, we know you're only human

Although, what time do you call this to be getting up?

Not sure if you got my message via $admin, but I got kicked from the BJ server about an hour ago for being idle in spec, whilst the race was full - just so you know.

Sam
Quote from Dark Elite :Although, what time do you call this to be getting up?

If you go to bed when the rest of the country is waking up, then it's early.
You have a very good point

Sam
Quote from Bladerunner :Easily avoided then...just completely forego any sleep at all, and the servers will work perfectly all the time!

Bladey sends Becky a lifetime supply of Coffee and Red Bull!!

Easier way is to have 2 people, in opposing timezones, who can restart it.
Easier still to write a piece of software to restart it automatically Which I plan to do very soon.

Anyway the good news is my experimental test has not fallen over last night, and has now been running about 8hrs, it's all going well. When combined with X-Monitor to restart the system if it does fall over, and I think we are more or less there now. Now I see where the problem lies from the experiment, I may need to tweek what i've done - but so far so good .
Good to hear a 'backup plan' is in place... Although I hope it's not needed much

Problems like this will always happen with new software, just have to deal with them when we find them, and come up with contingency plans. It won't be long before everything runs smoothly, and you can get some sleep

Sam

Licenses reseted?
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG