The online racing simulator
Can´t unlock older lfs-versions for replays
Hi there!!!

I have to give my resentment full scope. I wrote in several treads about this problem, but nothing happens and so i decidet to open this tread.

I buyed me a new PC in the meantime 6 weeks ago. On my old pc there were 4 or 5 older LFS versions unlocked, to be able to watch all the replays in my mpr-collection. I tried me to make some movies on the old pc, but fraps & co only works fine in 400x600pixels and slowmotion on the old one.
And with the new pc fraps has 30frames with trackIR at 1200x1600pixels, but im unable to unlock the older versions and watch the replays.

I know there is a tread called "unlockable S1" but this unlocksystem brings me the message: "unknown command"

Quote from the_angry_angel :There are, of course, other ways you could unlock it, but I'm not going to advocate that.

Thats exactly my attitude. I don´t want to search for a crack on virus contaminated Sites or wan´t to install an as lfs-unlocker disguised hacker-joke.exe in my new baby.

Has really no one an idea or something else to fix my problem?

I have hundreds of mpr in my collection, the most of the mpr are only compatible with PatchW which i´m unable to unlock.
But that´s not the only version i need to unlock.
It´s done!

I downloaded the LFS-W-fullversion and was able to unlock. But I don´t understand, why i can´t unlock the old patched Copy of LFS(W) from my old pc-system.

Never mind. Main issue is, that it works!
Although I have one available unlock, I can't unlock S2 versions 0.5P or 0.5Q. The reason I am trying to unlock these versions is for use with Mecanik and LFSTweak (older version). The newest version of LFSTweak is not sufficient because it only modifies demo cars, and does not modify vehicle weight.

When I try to unlock I get the following message even when my firewall is disabled:

"The program was unable to connect to the master server. This could be for various reasons:
1) If you are protected by a firewall it may have blocked the connection. 2) It may temporarily impossible to connect to the master from your ISP.
3) The master server may not be running due to a technical problem."

Thanks for any assistance.
I believe the master server was moved to a better server for the W release, so the IP that your P and Q versions is trying to connect to no longer contains the master server.
Thanks, that makes sense. I must be an blind because I can't find the master server's new address or where I can change the address in the program. Is this possible?
Quote from Cappy333 :Thanks, that makes sense. I must be an blind because I can't find the master server's new address or where I can change the address in the program. Is this possible?

You have to hex edit the LFS executable itself, as its not configurable. The offsets are different for each patch and its listed twice: once in pure hex and second in ascii.
I don't know much about programming. I downloaded a hex editor and searched the executable file (with the LFS icon) for "master", "server", "IP", and "unlock" and I couldn't find an address. It seems like the ASCII text mostly includes all the different potential error messages.
Its not that easy You have to look for the old address itself.

You can find some ones I've already patched here http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=22662, but you'll notice I've not yet patched P. Call it laziness and the lack of a P executable.
Thanks for doing the dirty work for us. However, I have the same problem Shaun463 and GrandlHuber had. I get the following message when attempting to unlock 0.5P S2 license:

"Unknown command"

The error box is displayed in by the LFS program, not by Windows.
the master server IP address changed. older versions don't know where to get the unlock info
Zach,

I was using the patched 0.5P exectuable.
There isn't a patched 0.5P executable, only H and Q. However, I would like a patched P exe... I want to use Mechanik also =P.
You're right. It was Q that I tried, not P. I would like to have a working version Q and/or P and I think there are others.
then unlock it on q and move the contents of your /data/misc folder to your p version
I am able to unlock versions V and X. I copied the version V misc folder and pasted it in version Q. Version Q was still unlocked. I also tried pasting version X misc folder to version Q. Still no success.
One of my posts has mysteriously gone missing.

Long and short of it is that I'll double check the patched executables incase a made a mistake when I get a free moment.
What's the scoop?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG