The online racing simulator
Quote from BURN :Really nice

lil question: what is the formula junior? mrt?

P.S. i like how the License look

Doubt it should prepare for other server it reads. Maybe a restricted F08?
Not sure how to sign up? I never bothered with CTRA before but I will have a go at the single seaters. I'm just not sure how it works. If I search for a license under my username then something turns up (full of zeroes of course), but does this mean I can just turn up and race?
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Not sure how to sign up? I never bothered with CTRA before but I will have a go at the single seaters. I'm just not sure how it works. If I search for a license under my username then something turns up (full of zeroes of course), but does this mean I can just turn up and race?

Pretty much, yeah, you'll have to wait for the servers to open for the public obviously first though
#31 - Jakg
Quote from Becky Rose :I only did the licence lookup and picture uploading - everything else is Sam's work here

...and who did the whole of the X-System
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :A little item i want to raise is the scores currently for bump and jump and single seaters (probably normal license also). I assume these were stats generated in testing and afaik it was said those were gong to be excluded (beta test agreement)?

They were, we've been beta testing for roughly two weeks publicly and iirc over a month internally, to make sure there were no bugs when the new system went live the existing points were imported onto the server, and as we raced to test it we got a few (like 20) points, most of the beta testers will start with no more points than you.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Not sure how to sign up? I never bothered with CTRA before but I will have a go at the single seaters. I'm just not sure how it works. If I search for a license under my username then something turns up (full of zeroes of course), but does this mean I can just turn up and race?

You get to start at the bottom tier with the FOX and (iirc) the FJR with no license. The "standard", Single Seater and Bump 'n Jump servers are each using a different license.
Quote from CSU1 :You lot seem really really adiment through forward and close relationship marketing, that it is a pleasure that we know that the dev's are not alone.

theres a good reason why Sam hypes the sh*t outta the new CTRA X system, because UKCT used to run an SO1/FOX server (as some of you may remember), and simply changing the name from "CCUK" (as we were known at the time) to "UKCT" meant the server never got massively full again - people associated the CCUK name with a good server, and when that went they all hopped back to BL1/FOX and AS3/GTR. When the STCC became the CTRA we had a fall in popularity because people thought the servers they loved had gone, and just went somewhere else. We need everyone to know that the servers are back, better than ever and have some features they just HAVE to see (although unlike most marketing it's true, and theres even more "wow" be implemented!), because if they know that they'll pop along and if we can keep it full for a day the servers will get popular. Fast.
.....omg
THIS. IS. BRILLIANT!
It looks fantastic, great job .

But i miss there a little bit UF1 racing... . Are u plannig some server for racing with UF1?
I have a question for you. Currently we get to use the little signature license graphic of CTRA showing our current license. As you just said above, you are now running different licenses for the bump/ single seater etc. How will all those be reflected in a signature graphic please?
Quote from troy :i'm pretty sure i won some races on ctra but they dont seem to be counted on the new website.
is there only the license plus yellow flags stored from the "old" ctra servers before x?

I'm wondering myself. I'm also fairly sure that I've won a couple of races, yet all counters are set to 0... Not a big deal as long as it's the same for everyone
#36 - Pig
Looking around at the (great) CTRA site, i noticed 2 things:

1st, All the servers seem to be on 0.5X2. Dont know why, but i expected them to be on X10
2nd, I CANT WAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT....

arghhhhh... and i just KNOW that there will be so many people online on my free time that i wont even be able to spectate
Wow! Great site, fantastic work!
I believe the old system did not record total STCC or CTRA wins so everyone will be starting on 0 if you have a look at the few licence links there all set at 0 until tonight obviously
Quote from Jakg :You get to start at the bottom tier with the FOX and (iirc) the FJR with no license.

Bottom tier on Single Seater has just the FOX, when you hit National B you get to drive the FJR. Go check the website Jack
Thank you everybody for your positive feedback, all your racing are belong to us ......

Quote :A little item i want to raise is the scores currently for bump and jump and single seaters (probably normal license also). I assume these were stats generated in testing and afaik it was said those were gong to be excluded (beta test agreement)?

We migrated the database over after the last official beta test, we then left the servers open because we needed to make sure that it worked. A few of us had a couple of races, hense a handful of points on the two new licences, but we're talking trivial points achieveable in under 6 races. As a result of this we found two SQL migration issues and descovered a bug we'd missed earlier (something done in X-insim not X2)

Quote :All the servers seem to be on 0.5X2.

None of the changes have effected our software and its fully compatible (hense X2 not X1). We will update them later, but we had no need to change and test with later versions so we left them as they where.
Quote from LFSn00b :I want to edit my CTRA license but the CTRA servers aren't open

you only have to wait until this evening
Niko, I love my G25, the feel of the leather, the shifter, thank god I'm gonna get to use it during the (pre-) launch of the CTRA servers...
The new site is looking fantastic! all i need now is one of those CTRA password thingys
Is the dodgy line height stuff on the license page deliberate? It looks equally wonky in every browser I've tried it with and it looks easy enough to fix, suggesting you wanted it to look wonky.
#46 - SamH
Quote from thisnameistaken :Is the dodgy line height stuff on the license page deliberate? It looks equally wonky in every browser I've tried it with and it looks easy enough to fix, suggesting you wanted it to look wonky.

Yep! IIRC, the virtual typewriter's carriage is 29px high - not quite matching the document it's virtually typing on. Totally intentional
Oh.. and if you look really closely, you'll notice that the "e" key has a bit of a problem, too. Must get someone out to sort out our virtual typewriter
Yeah I saw the 'e' stuff in the mark-up, but to be honest I hadn't noticed it on the page until I looked.

Maybe you could advertise that as "The least technologically-advanced sim racing organisation license page in the world".
#48 - SamH
Quote from thisnameistaken :Yeah I saw the 'e' stuff in the mark-up, but to be honest I hadn't noticed it on the page until I looked.

Maybe you could advertise that as "The least technologically-advanced sim racing organisation license page in the world".

hehe! It's the little things that people usually don't notice, but they're there.. these are the things we enjoy the most. It's almost a masochistic satisfaction thing.. I don't honestly understand it!
Nice website, I really like the overall look of it. Simple and clutterfree .

Just a couple of little things that bug me:

1. The distance between the text and the dividing bars is awefully small on the welcome page.

2. The links on the top bar of the welcome page don't really stand out as links. They look just like the non-clickable section headlines. Would be nicer imho, if they were instantly distinguishable.

3. Would be nice if the links on the top bar were accented in a way once you're on that section.

4. On the "servers" site, the two bars on top ("currentctraservers" and "computeamraceauthority") are headlines for the following sections if I understand the structure correctly. Due to them being of the same width as the following points, they look as though they're on the same hierarchy level and thus my first impression was that there was content missing. Would be nicer, imho, if they were wider than the bars below (or the bars below would be narrower).

Just some suggestions which I think would make the site more user-friendly.

Anyway, thx a lot for all your hard work! I'm looking forard to some nice races on your servers tonight (if I can snatch a spot in one of them, that is).

even Sam is prepared!
Sam is ready for single seaters!!!!
Attached images
sam-prepared.jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG