The online racing simulator
Hybrid GT wins Tokachi 24hrs
(13 posts, started )
What was it bred with? Part supra, part spaniel?

Looking at that article, it sounds more like another case of a factory team easily giving a field of privateer entries a spanking.
#3 - ajp71
Seeing as it was the factory backed and the 'only GT class car' I doubt the fact it's a hybrid made any difference or is it any real sign for the future seeing as it should have won anyway by such a margin that it can carry the electric motors and regenerative braking crap around with it and still win, much like the R10 diesels did last year, you only find out anything when they have some competition.
Still does more enviormental damage than 5 Hummer H1's to be built, LOL.

Cheers,
Matt.
They had no competition at all.. what a joke. Lets see how they do when an 'old fasioned' GT car joins the field and spanks them next year.
Hehe yeah I thought it was funny myself they said it was the only GT car to be put into the field, IMO they shouldn't have even been able to post a result until the car has been approved.
Its like having a race for Slugs and you enter a Cheetah with a cork up its arsehole.
ROFL!!!! Nice one =)
Yes but clearly Toyota did the race for a reason, they've entered it in a 24 hour race not to prove it was better than a bunch of shopping trollies, but to test the car in the conditions of a 24 hour race. Specifically, a 24 hour race so insignificant that they may have been hoping it would not get noticed...

My gut feeling is we'll see a hybrid Toyota at a real race in the not too distant future.
Quote from Becky Rose :Yes but clearly Toyota did the race for a reason, they've entered it in a 24 hour race not to prove it was better than a bunch of shopping trollies, but to test the car in the conditions of a 24 hour race. Specifically, a 24 hour race so insignificant that they may have been hoping it would not get noticed...

My gut feeling is we'll see a hybrid Toyota at a real race in the not too distant future.

F1 starting next year anyone??
Regenerative braking is on the books for 2 years out i afaik.
Quote from Becky Rose :Yes but clearly Toyota did the race for a reason, they've entered it in a 24 hour race not to prove it was better than a bunch of shopping trollies, but to test the car in the conditions of a 24 hour race. Specifically, a 24 hour race so insignificant that they may have been hoping it would not get noticed...

I can understand that, but allowing it to have it's result be official with these trollies takes away from these teams. I don't think it should have been done that way. By all means let them race, but don't let them be a part of the official standings until they are approved to race in that division. If there are other circumstances where another vehicle was allowed to post official results when they have not approved then I have nothing to stand on and will shut up =P

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG