The online racing simulator
Quote from CodieMorgan :I have a 12.5 grade average in spelling...

.... but when it comes to typing.... damn!

12.5? Damn man, you must really suck at spelling! har har, jk. (alluding to the 'percent' system we use here in Canada)

How exactly are you graded in school? I've heard of the number system (4, 3, 2, 1, R which is the same as letter grades A, B, C, D, F) and percent, where 50% or 60% is a passing grade (Depending on the school/curriculum. 50 was a pass for gradeschool/highschool and 60% is a pass for me in College).
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :It's a shame the LX6 and LX8 have the ugly hood. Personally the LX4 looks better, from the front, but the LX6 looks better from the back, due to the lack of spare.

the lx6 is a westfield and the lx4 is a caterham
Quote from speed1 :the lx6 is a westfield and the lx4 is a caterham

Neither are either.
Quote from speed1 :the lx6 is a westfield and the lx4 is a caterham

Westfield have never made a straight 6
Quote from Bob Smith :I thought that description was for the Bugatti EB110?

Damn, someone knew about it

/me runs off to hide :hidesbehi
I've got your LX8 right here.

Aussie-made Elfin MS8 Clubman. Weighs about 900 kilos, powered by the GM 5.7L V8 - a.k.a the Corvette/Monaro engine. Hits 100kph in 4.2 seconds, a quarter mile in 12 and a bit. This beast in LFS? Priceless.

Is nice!
[/slightly OT ]
Attached images
Elfin_Clubman_MS8_01.jpg
It looks a bit chubby.

It also looks a bit Australian.

For that act of disrespect I shall deduct fifty points from Kevindor House!

Caterhams/Super 7s/LXs look like willies with wheels, but noone complains about that The MS8 has to be chubby because it's got a proper mofo of an engine in it (plus I think they're actually making some concessions to aerodynamics - a big wank, but hey, that's progress). None of this four (half an engine) or six cylinder (two-thirds - close, but no chihuahua) nonsense.

Here's a slightly slimmer one. If you wouldn't like to drive this car you must be some sort of nancy who likes pastel colours.

Here's an older model - in his Clubman...

C'maaahn...admit it, Elfins rule.
Nothing like Aussie bashing, 'eh Kev?

Hank, do you have a thing for pastel colours right now? The past few posts from you have mentioned pastel somehow.
Bah, just because you're from America-Lite, you think you're sooo good. Well, one word for ya - NICKELBACK. Oh, and Celine Dion. And Shania Twain. And Bryan Adams.

Pastels are back, baby :up:
I like...

Let me word this carefully so I don't upset you. I like the aesthetic that they were trying to achieve, but I think it was a silly idea that shouldn't have been done, and it didn't work, and the car looks ridiculous.

It reminds me of a Micra or something. But what do I know - Pocoyo seems to like it.
LOL Pocoyo has good taste - he'd be a GPL fan for sure.

Upset? Nah. Bored at work, trying to look busy by typing a lot
Quote : Here's an older model - in his Clubman...

:o
Meh wants!

Simple, probally fast but damn it`s nice!

Anyway, it would be so awesome to just try the Lx8, to see what we talk about. And when we speak of the beta testers that tested the actual thing in game, how many people was it that testet it?
And... it probally couldn`t be any worse, or harder to race than the good old Fo8 back in time. Haha, that was a evil little machine!
Quote from ajp71 :Westfield have never made a straight 6

Westfield never made an engine, full stop. Wouldn't mind betting someone, somewhere, has tried to put one in though.
#90 - JTbo
Quote from Primoz :Don't you dare to try the 4 then A bit slower, easier to drive, a blas in the City.

No, LX4 is lot harder to drive than LX6, I hardly can make a lap with LX4, but I can race with LX6 quite ok

What about low rpm versions of those cars, 6500rpm max? Would like from that much more than high revving V8...
Quote from geeman1 :I don't if you are joking or not, but the number in LFS means how many cylinders the car has (LX4 = I4, LX6 = I6, LX8 = V8, RB4 = I4, FO8 = V8). That's why they are even numbered
Except UF1 and BF1, which have other reasons for the number.

FZ5? A 5-cylinder boxer-engine?
Honda's highly successful MotoGP 4-stroke racer, the RC211V, was a 990cc V5. Rossi completely dominated on it from day 1 and when he ended up switching to Yamaha, the Hondas were still the only ones that had a hope of keeping up in most cases.
IIRC either VW or Saab has some V5's.

Anyway... I hope to see a:
LXR (LX + slicks)
RAC GTR (or any MR entrant to the GTR class)
RWD mGTR (would be so much fun)
Prototype (just some sort of prototype)

All equally. Oh we need more cars...
how about the lx8 could be based on the dax rush with 4x4 running gear or even the Avon Tiger z100wr with two engines if the lx8 was to return
just my thought
The Audi S1 was an Inline-5 or a Flat-5 IIRC. Look (and listen) at how good that cat is.
w8 a second.... LX8?
i just read a thread and they were saying there used to be a lx8?

there was an LX8 b4? am i dreaming or am i just dumb? if there used to b a lx8 helll!!! bring it back
No, there has never been any LX cars in demo.
Why do you care? You're a demo racer.

And yes there was lx8 in very early leaked version of lfs - forget about it.
you guys are harsh.. damn
Right.

There was a pre-S2 car that was used for testing purposes and the beta testers, called the LX8. Basically, it was an LX with the FO8 engine dropped in it. In essense, it was too hard to drive and was scrapped. You never know, it might get put in at some point.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG