The online racing simulator
Quote from RacerAsh3 :This is how i feel:

The general LFS community buy S2 license. What they want to do with it, tbh, is there own choice. So please dont patronise all these servers and people.

If they want to do that, thats fine. But what i don't get is:

EVERYONE wants to be an admin for a cruise server. So when they can't get admin on an existing, they make another. Then another..Then another. They're all crap! Just stick with 1!
Quote from XCNuse :It's a breeding ground for relations. You'd be surprised what some people have to talk about.

Ha! There you said it!
It`s extremely much fun people can talk about on those servers.. I remember on one of them, some time ago, when some people was drinking and driving and talking. After some time, their driving became crap, and they talked ALOT, and after some hours they couldn`t drive one corner without turning out shit and it was a shitload of talk lol
Quote from mcintyrej :If they want to do that, thats fine. But what i don't get is:

EVERYONE wants to be an admin for a cruise server. So when they can't get admin on an existing, they make another. Then another..Then another. They're all crap! Just stick with 1!

I agree stick with one server.
Quote from faster111 :I agree stick with one server.

I dont care if they have a 100 servers. Just give me a filter in serverlist so i dont have to see them.
That would be a good feature, search by server name keywords, exlude keywords...
Quote from ChristijaNL :I dont care if they have a 100 servers. Just give me a filter in serverlist so i dont have to see them.

Thats a good idea.
I want to point out that sometimes even racers need to take a break from racing. It's good to take a break from something you do constantly, why do you think vacations were invented? Anyway these servers are some great places to take a break from racing, while still playing LFS.
Er...what is a cruise server? :dunce:
holy christ. Ban all the cruise servers. There are at least 6. At least 3 of them eat up 10-20 racers EACH. god it is so pointless.
Quote from ans7812 :holy christ. Ban all the cruise servers. There are at least 6. At least 3 of them eat up 10-20 racers EACH. god it is so pointless.

No need to ban them...if it means less people on racing servers, less people who just pull over on lap one and blab away, I am all for it. Or in other words, less of this:

RaCer1!//1 - UR ghey
G25maddskillz - UR ghey
InitialDlesbian - kekekekekeke
RaCer1!//1 - STFU imz faster then u
G25maddskillz - i sprouted my first pube! LOlz!
Unnamed - =))))))))))

I am willing to bet the majority of them on the cruise servers are between the ages of 13-20. And let's face it: some just have the inclination to be social, be it in real life or LFS.
Quote from jayhawk :No need to ban them...if it means less people on racing servers, less people who just pull over on lap one and blab away, I am all for it. Or in other words, less of this:

RaCer1!//1 - UR ghey
G25maddskillz - UR ghey
InitialDlesbian - kekekekekeke
RaCer1!//1 - STFU imz faster then u
G25maddskillz - i sprouted my first pube! LOlz!
Unnamed - =))))))))))

I am willing to bet the majority of them on the cruise servers are between the ages of 13-20. And let's face it: some just have the inclination to be social, be it in real life or LFS.

This is true. I only figure that having no cruise servers would encourage more people to start racing. Maybe they would act like you said, but i'm sure after a while they would figure out that their behavior is not tolerable. The only other alternative is to do what most have suggested already. Include a filter so I don't have to deal with them.
Quote from ans7812 :This is true. I only figure that having no cruise servers would encourage more people to start racing. Maybe they would act like you said, but i'm sure after a while they would figure out that their behavior is not tolerable. The only other alternative is to do what most have suggested already. Include a filter so I don't have to deal with them.

No seriously it's a good job these kinds of people don't populate proper servers, if they did you'd soon see a reduction in racing standards and a decline in social standards.
#38 - Gunn
I think cruise servers are great! They keep all the arcade kids away from the race servers.
If you don't like cruise servers, don't join them. Its as simple as that.
If a filter is introduced, don't forget the drifters and the draggers and the whatnot to get their own group. I don't mind the non-racing servers to be many, but looking for a racing server with an FZ5 for example is quite a tedious task. With the filter, I'd just know that there isn't any ...

The only thing needed is a category when starting a server.
It's funny to see how many people are pissed by the crusing/city driving servers. Hey it's just a relief tool, a great one. When I was not in the mood to do a race I used to drive alone offline with winamp running in the background. Now I can do the same with many other players around. Some of you complain that it steals drivers from the racing servers? If there was no crusing servers they would probably not even be online at this time, maybe not even playing LFS
Quote from Maelstrom :It's funny to see how many people are pissed by the crusing/city driving servers. Hey it's just a relief tool, a great one. When I was not in the mood to do a race I used to drive alone offline with winamp running in the background. Now I can do the same with many other players around. Some of you complain that it steals drivers from the racing servers? If there was no crusing servers they would probably not even be online at this time, maybe not even playing LFS

That sounds like your were almost going to go outside,almost..
IMO, if you don't feel like racing, get out of your house a bit and have a cup of joe with someone.
If you feel like chatting, IRC, IM and chat rooms are great.

The only time I join those servers it to outrun cops with FZ5's with my stock UF1.
Also, I know people dislike drifters, for some weird reason, but at least they are doing something that requires skill. To top it off, a drift server doesn't prevent me from grip racing there. Many times, people will join you in the race. You can't do that in InSim cruise servers.
Quote from gohfeld23 :IMO, if you don't feel like racing, get out of your house a bit and have a cup of joe with someone.
If you feel like chatting, IRC, IM and chat rooms are great.

The only time I join those servers it to outrun cops with FZ5's with my stock UF1.
Also, I know people dislike drifters, for some weird reason, but at least they are doing something that requires skill. To top it off, a drift server doesn't prevent me from grip racing there. Many times, people will join you in the race. You can't do that in InSim cruise servers.

We don't live in the same place I guess
If i go outside it's to go far very far, cause outside there's nothing but grey building and gloomy peoples here
Quote from Gunn :I think cruise servers are great! They keep all the arcade kids away from the race servers.

So basically you say that I am an arcade racer because I like to play there some times? :guilty:
I love how everyone is so worried about what everyone else does with their time. Sorry, but the CTRA system is not up yet, and I just can't stand to go hotlap by myself on a forced pit 10 lap server with 20 others lapping by themselves halfway through the race on yet, the same old boring combo. I've been known to jump on the CLC server, because the "join an empty server and others will follow" doesn't work. Running around an empty server is the same as running around on the forced pit Aston National server, you just run around by yourself. I apologize for ever joining the CLC server to you all knowing experts of everything and rulers of what I choose to do and won't bother again. I'll just go fly my Baron 58TC instead.

For the record, I was quite bored with the "frequented" combos in LFS at the end of last year. I ran around on the CLC server for a while. Then the STCC servers appeared and many of those from the CLC server started frequenting the STCC server and I had some good racing with them. Now the STCC/CTRA servers have been down due to the insim change and I've had about enough of the same boring combos at the 2 big server, thus no where to "race". I can drive around by myself in an empty server, or drive around in the CLC server with others, not much of a difference . But I suppose that has to stop, because the you guys say it should....
they dont keep people away from racing, they still race and cruise to have a break!
#48 - Gunn
Quote from The Very End :So basically you say that I am an arcade racer because I like to play there some times? :guilty:

I can't recall ever saying that.
Kind of joke
(But sadly I`m one too lol)
oh no another one....You guys can buy some crashing software and crash their server lol? jks

the only good one is ltc why another not as good one?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG