The online racing simulator
Pre League Discussion
(38 posts, started )
If drivers move from team to team between seasons then I don't think we will need to team up (just a guess)

As the seasons continue you might end up in a team with someone you don't like.

With different spec cars, the first target is to beat your team mate.
#27 - Dru
Quote from Storm_Cloud :If drivers move from team to team between seasons then I don't think we will need to team up (just a guess)

As the seasons continue you might end up in a team with someone you don't like.

With different spec cars, the first target is to beat your team mate.

i think that you stay in the same team for the season and then swap at the end - thats how i read it?
Quote from Dru :i think that you stay in the same team for the season and then swap at the end - thats how i read it?

That's why I wrote "as the seasonS continue" and not "as the season continueS"
#29 - Dru
Quote from Storm_Cloud :That's why I wrote "as the seasonS continue" and not "as the season continueS"

lol this is true - but surely if you enter as part of a team - you don't get split up from the team - it's just like moving pit boxes in real life it team success not drivers
Something else you might want to take into account is if you are replicating FIA rules..do you allow the teams to have test drivers and various other people involved in "development" of the car for the race.

Dicey
Quote from Dru :lol this is true - but surely if you enter as part of a team - you don't get split up from the team - it's just like moving pit boxes in real life it team success not drivers

Confused. So when Alonso went to McLaren why did Fisico not go with him?

He moved to a different team with a better car. Is that not what is happening? Hope so - it would be great to end up with a team mate that you hate - it'll be just like Piquet and Mansell all those years ago
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Confused. So when Alonso went to McLaren why did Fisico not go with him?

He moved to a different team with a better car. Is that not what is happening? Hope so - it would be great to end up with a team mate that you hate - it'll be just like Piquet and Mansell all those years ago

Yeah, that would be really cool, Storm Vs. Lep . Nah, just messing Storm , you'd always beat me anyway . Well, I'm hoping my gold licence puts me in a team like BMW or perhaps Ferrari plz . Theres a good chance I may not be able to race in this tho as I have SAT exams during the start of the season. I'll see how things go and then decide .
#33 - Dru
if what you are saying is correct then this is NOT a team event then.....

say for instance there is no point ZWR entering 2 drivers if after the first season they have to split up and have different performance cars etc etc

I think we should wait for the admin of this league to confirm what he is suggesting..

Regards,

Dru.
Quote from Leprekaun :Yeah, that would be really cool, Storm Vs. Lep . Nah, just messing Storm , you'd always beat me anyway . Well, I'm hoping my gold licence puts me in a team like BMW or perhaps Ferrari plz . Theres a good chance I may not be able to race in this tho as I have SAT exams during the start of the season. I'll see how things go and then decide .

I have no CTRA licence, so if they do let me in I'll be in a Spyker .
so they will actually be real teams? like Ferrari and BMW etc competing? obviously with lfs drivers
#36 - Dru
Quote from DANDAMAN05 : Yes there will be a constructors championship as well as driver championship. Points for those are yet to be finalised.

No, we have 15 teams open for entry, and its not real F1 teams its fantasy LFS teams. However if 2-3 drivers are from different LFS teams and want to participate together then thats fine, as long as they come up with a team name for the league.

Come on Dan let us know
If I had to make up the rules for this league I would do something like the following:

- 15 teams should give plenty of scope for 5 or 6 levels of performance within the field. Say have 2 teams with no restrictions and 2 teams at the bottom with cars 2.5 to 3s slower and the rest spread in between. Mix things up in mid-grid so a team may have less engine restriction but more ballast than another.

- At the end of each season each team is ranked 1 to 15. Team 1 has first choice on their car for the next season. New teams that replace ones leaving, or teams running two new drivers, pick last.

- Team ranking could be made up of the constructors table, with teams who score no points sorted by their best finish position, or instead there could be a handicap ranking. Something like an average finishing position (with retirements being ranked by distance covered and no shows given last place) with a performance related deduction. Best teams have no deduction, but say the lowest ranked team gets a deduction of 30% with the rest spread in between. Their average finishing position could be 12 then minus 30% gives 8.4. The handicap deduction would have to be fairly gentle and properly balanced because slower teams will always outperform their expected finish by finishing ahead of retirements and no shows.

Using this system a team and driver could win their championships but still lose the best car for next season and would really have to prove their mettle.
i like that idea actually. ive sent a link to my Partners at ukct to share some insight

Pre League Discussion
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG