The online racing simulator
Pre League Discussion
(38 posts, started )
Pre League Discussion
Talk about anything you feel relevent to the F1 league here.

Feel free to ask questions
#2 - Nobo
thx Dan fur ruling me out, have got no silver licence

you thinking about forced cockpit view?
Since that would rule me out twice
I'm certainly interested in competing for this .
#4 - Dru
Quote from Nobo :thx Dan fur ruling me out, have got no silver licence

you thinking about forced cockpit view?
Since that would rule me out twice

Yeah good point - i've got Gold, does that mean i'm over-qualified

Also Post League discussion - thats after league discussion - shouldn't it be 'pre-league' discussion? (fixed by dan)

Oh a few more questions is there a 'team championship' as well as drivers?

Also are the Teams real ones - or LFS ones or just random ones?Cheers mate - glad to see you got a league going

Dru.
@ Aldi - ah damn. I may hold practise sessions for people without silver licences to see how they cope with the car.

And no i am not going to use forced cockpit view, however i feel that in the BF1, its the best place to be.. mirrors are essential imho but it will not be forced no.

@ Big Dave - Glad to hear it.. a few things need sorting first untill sign up will be open. so please stick around!

@ Dru - Silver and above is needed so your gold is what im looking for.

Yes there will be a constructors championship as well as driver championship. Points for those are yet to be finalised.

No, we have 15 teams open for entry, and its not real F1 teams its fantasy LFS teams. However if 2-3 drivers are from different LFS teams and want to participate together then thats fine, as long as they come up with a team name for the league.

and btw thanks for the thread name query man im a fool at times lol.
#6 - Dru
No worries Dan, your head still spinning around from Alton Towers?
#7 - Nobo
Maybe the ctra system is back with open wheelers and i can get my silver licence who knows!? Definately interested. Since its on hold, what about the dates? you will move it back in time?

...and...sunday is a great day to race!
Would appreciate that because of summer
A shame about the Silver Licence requirement. Hopefully that's not set in stone - I'm not sure how driving a floppy non-downforce non-slick car is a benefit to going in the BF1. You will get a certain amount of racecraft and cleanness from those drivers of course.

Perhaps there will be exemptions such as (taking a random example) being a podium finisher in OWRL F1?
yeah dru something like that

The UKCT administration want it to be silver licensed AT LEAST. I did try and work around this. I'll see what alternatives are open.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :A shame about the Silver Licence requirement. Hopefully that's not set in stone - I'm not sure how driving a floppy non-downforce non-slick car is a benefit to going in the BF1. You will get a certain amount of racecraft and cleanness from those drivers of course.

Perhaps there will be exemptions such as (taking a random example) being a podium finisher in OWRL F1?

Thats the point i raised. I will have an offical meeting with the UKCT administration soon.
This all sounds really cool, but I also don't drive on CTRA servers and neither do my teammates in general, so it's sort of a big hassle for us to join (have to spend the next few weeks exclusively doing CTRA to get registered). I'd really appreciate it if you'd look into alternate skill verification methods.
Hm, the CTRA idea seemed a good idea to me, but it does rule alot of people out. I mean, at the moment the only license people have is from TBO, which doesn't really relate to F1 much.

But,

I can't wait for this to get started!
I'd love to compete, but for me the time is difficult, it's the middle of the day Sunday..I'm wondering since the qualifiying takes place race day if this could be shifted to a Saturday as opposed to Sunday. If this is the case, and the silver requirement goes away, there is a driver here looking for a UKCT:F1 team.

Dicey
Quote from Dicey :I'd love to compete, but for me the time is difficult, it's the middle of the day Sunday..I'm wondering since the qualifiying takes place race day if this could be shifted to a Saturday as opposed to Sunday. If this is the case, and the silver requirement goes away, there is a driver here looking for a UKCT:F1 team.

Dicey

If it was switched to satuday many of the events may clash with BOTT (Battle Of The Teams).

Though, I don't know the timing of it yet.
It would also clash with OWRL if moved to a Saturday.
The League will run under the CTRA Managment system. BRACE YOURSELF! This WILL be a league like no other... never seen before...

Hint : Think of real F1 teams and what alonso plus a few other drivers have done.
#17 - Dru
Quote from DANDAMAN05 :The League will run under the CTRA Managment system. BRACE YOURSELF! This WILL be a league like no other... never seen before...

Hint : Think of real F1 teams and what alonso plus a few other drivers have done.

Got rattled by a rookie team mate?

Mclaren got stuffed for having ferrari documents - does this mean we have to proove that all the setups and stratagies for the race are our own making and not stolen from people ?
Real F1 teams.... Real F1 teams all have different cars and different performances. I suppose UKCT could impose ballast and intake restrictions to simulate each cars' performance.

So, are we looking at a licence system for drivers based on their own performance not the car's which allows them to drive for higher ranked teams?
I'm very interested in competing in this . ALDI, what ya say? , team up again?
The teams with the higher CTRA licensed level will have the "better" cars. The cars will be affected by performance with air intake and ballast. Also, the seasons will be sort, allowing teams to transfer drivers from team to team.

Hint: Why keep the cars with less performance the same?
Cool - both the system and the fact I guessed it right.

Why did you edit my last post? I don't recall swearing
Right ,

I forgot that BOTT and OWRL had races on Saturday. I guess I'll be a spectator then. I happen to have work every Sunday so that makes it kinda difficult.

Dicey
#23 - Dru
Quote from DANDAMAN05 :The teams with the higher CTRA licensed level will have the "better" cars. The cars will be affected by performance with air intake and ballast. Also, the seasons will be sort, allowing teams to transfer drivers from team to team.

Hint: Why keep the cars with less performance the same?

so does this mean as your only silver Dan you'll be driving a spyker at the back eh?

Best team up with Moose and get us a mclaren then eh?
Quote from Dicey :I'd love to compete, but for me the time is difficult, it's the middle of the day Sunday..I'm wondering since the qualifiying takes place race day if this could be shifted to a Saturday as opposed to Sunday. If this is the case, and the silver requirement goes away, there is a driver here looking for a UKCT:F1 team.

Dicey

Getting silver isn't hard, for most people, even slow people like me, its a easy week worth of work.
Im very near silver, i would be able to get it within a week id say when the ctra servers come back. Niko, i would team up with ya if u wanted andd i was allowed enter

Pre League Discussion
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG