The online racing simulator
got my skin stolen
(40 posts, closed, started )
use a pixel on the DDS file as a switch.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :No, it won't let you upload, I tryed to upload one of my RB4 skins the other day, but couldn't due to name, and it asks if its the same skin, and then says if its not, to re-name it.

He doesn't need to actually upload his own skin. If, completely by accident the 'theif' makes a skin that has the same name as someone else's, doesn't bother uploading it and goes online, others will see the other skin that was uploaded, wheras the alleged thief will see their car with their own skin on (as thats the one stored on their PC). The only clue that they had 'stolen' someone else's skin would be the fact that LFS wouldn't warn them that the (supposedly not uploaded) skin hadn't been found on the database.
Quote from Crashgate3 :I personally would have a silver skin with 'Cock Piss Partridge' spray painted down the side.

Yeess! Alan Partridge ftw!!
Quote from Crashgate3 :He doesn't need to actually upload his own skin. If, completely by accident the 'theif' makes a skin that has the same name as someone else's, doesn't bother uploading it and goes online, others will see the other skin that was uploaded, wheras the alleged thief will see their car with their own skin on (as thats the one stored on their PC). The only clue that they had 'stolen' someone else's skin would be the fact that LFS wouldn't warn them that the (supposedly not uploaded) skin hadn't been found on the database.

Ahh, now I understand.
Quote from herki :Great, then we would have to pay twice for the same skin, cause more load on the lfsworld-server and people like me with a low bandwidth connection can wait at every connection. A bit -1 for that one.
You could simply store the files encrypted and decrypt them while loading, much better solution imho.

true! if that is possible... then this way
why not having the Username be part of the skin as a meta-data somehow?
couldn't you do that yourself?
i mean it must be really weird if someone has your name in his skin name to!
when i buy my license(i will) I'm gonna use your idea
I too think that you are being too... uptight about this. And I also agree that, if someone else chooses to have your skin on their ride, it should be taken as an utmost compliment.

For example, the halflords skin... I would so rock that if I found a file with it... through, I woudn't feel any guilt or that I stole it. It's a kick ass skin, why NOT have more people see your wonderful work? It doesnt matter what the supposed thief would say ( I wouldn't lie myself through, just would say i found in on the net and liked it) anyway, YOU know that you made it, and that should mean more than anything to you.
i realy don't have a problem when someone is using my skin and is behaving nice and is a good racer. but when someone else saying something like: "OH! that TOOTHY GUY AGAIN! lets kick him" then i don't want someone else using my skin (with my name and team on it)

if he asks me, i will make him a veariation of my skin with a different color and car number for free...
How about that old setup stealing? Was that fixed? When you take over a car from somebody...
when people rip a DVD/CD or copy a game its illegal .........
thats normal because of all the work and creativity of the authors
isn't this the same?
he put a lot of work and creativity in this skin and someone seems to use it whiteout permission.
just want to say that i understand his "anger" ( but didn't you ever copy something yourself ).
Quote from Fischfix :why not having the Username be part of the skin as a meta-data somehow?

Yea that would work well, but how do you Write on the window/windscreen? i tried that but the logo i put there didnt show up in the game.
Quote from Victor Vance :Yea that would work well, but how do you Write on the window/windscreen? i tried that but the logo i put there didnt show up in the game.

You can't edit the Windscreen on the Democars, only on the GTRs you can paint on the windscreens top part
Quote from Crashgate3 :I personally would have a silver skin with 'Cock Piss Partridge' spray painted down the side.

Stop copying my skin! :P
Quote from ACCAkut :You can't edit the Windscreen on the Democars, only on the GTRs you can paint on the windscreens top part

oh ok then, well thanx for the help.
-
(Jaxion2112) DELETED by Scawen : replies in 10 year old thread
-
(PusicDrift) DELETED by Scawen : replies in 10 year old thread
This thread is closed

got my skin stolen
(40 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG