The online racing simulator
Joystick Bust [...now I want a wheel]
Well, trying to thrash an Lx4 to death, seemed to be fatal, for my Joystick
so me and my father have been looking at wheels, i just wanted to know, what all you guys have for wheels, and what ones are considered to be the best, of course, im looking for cheapness ,but i don't want something, that will end up being the least best wheel to have, in a few months time
Logitech Driving Force Pro is about the cheapest wheel worth bothering with. I have one of these and its by far the best wheel I've ever owned.
Well, I have the DFP which has been Frex'd, it's a great wheel but I think the LX4 competition has bust it too!

It'sd lasted quite some time though, especcially putting up my driving.

Definetely a DFP if you want cheapness and quality.
Am i right in saying DFP's work on both PS2 AND PC?!
Quote from BlueFlame :Am i right in saying DFP's work on both PS2 AND PC?!

Yes. PC Drivers are available on the Logitech Homepage.
#6 - spoop
yes they do
Yep, you just need the wingman drivers for the force feedback to work properly on the PC. I got the DFP myself when my joystick was also unable to stand up to LFS. Very impressed so far. Got mine for £65 from the internet.

EDIT: Hows about that for a quick response! 4 in 2 minutes.
Thanks alot guys, i think this is what i will aim for then, PS2 AND PC, wow, can't argue with THAT!!!
You could search for posts by JakG too. I think he has a link in his signature to a wheel guide...
Does anyone know what a PC Thrustmaster wheel is like?
#12 - troy
a friend of mine got a cheap thrustmaster ferrari (or something like this)
and its a big load of crap not worth the money at all!

i dont know how's that with other thrustmaster wheels,
you would need to be more specific with the model i guess
it was (A) ferrari one that i was looking at, so i guess that scratches that off the list
#14 - Jakg
Quote from BlueFlame :Does anyone know what a PC Thrustmaster wheel is like?

Crap. That help?
Quote from jimmytwohand :You could search for posts by JakG too. I think he has a link in his signature to a wheel guide...

Tada!
tar meight!
Another AMAZING wheel that works on PS2 and PC, is the Logitech G25, but only if you got the money to spend.
One more wheel that is quite chep and good is Logitech Formula Force EX, It costs around 40 pounds and works both on PC and PS2. I'm completly happy with it
Quote from [ADT]sid :my dfp is fu$&d up :S the pedals descalibrates all the time and i have to open them, is the 5 time i do it :S i cant play gran tursimo or lfs with having a problem sometimes the brake dont have sensivility, my next one is a g25

Just get in contact with Logitech if you still have some sort of proof of purchase.
Any time my brother had the slightest problem with his DFP they sent him out a new wheel and pedals within 48hours.
I think he had a pedal problem once and a power pack problem so now he has two fully working sets and some spares

They are a great company who know the meaning of customer support.
Quote from BlueFlame :Well, trying to thrash an Lx4 to death, seemed to be fatal, for my Joystick
so me and my father have been looking at wheels, i just wanted to know, what all you guys have for wheels, and what ones are considered to be the best, of course, im looking for cheapness ,but i don't want something, that will end up being the least best wheel to have, in a few months time

Just dont listen them go buy a g25 , i know that it isnt cheap but believe me this thing its 90% close to the real thing

G25 vs DFP Calibration Test
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFCGQ2BzrVg

G25 vs DFP Calibration Test num 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_LBnei_weU

Centering spring "simulation its actually the motors power there is no spring"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNc6BGTTflY

G25 vs DFP Noise
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3Cq1Xk1DbY

One picture is more than 1000 words right?

Dont rush keep some money be petient and buy g25 , this is my advice ^^

Hope you listen me
the G25, is sexy yea, but i have only done a few illegal miles in a REAL car, so i know not the difference, i would want to get a cheap one, because i want to start getting used to a wheel and pedals as soon as possible..
Quote from [RF]-art555 :One more wheel that is quite chep and good is Logitech Formula Force EX, It costs around 40 pounds and works both on PC and PS2. I'm completly happy with it

Can you give a bit more detail, on how the wheel feels, is it heavy? Light? does it feel quality, and does it feel that it will last a pretty long time? even with rough useage?
Quote from BlueFlame :Can you give a bit more detail, on how the wheel feels, is it heavy? Light? does it feel quality, and does it feel that it will last a pretty long time? even with rough useage?

I own this wheel only for a few months but I like it a lot. Red rubber feels comfortable and your arms won't slip even if they are wet. FFB strength is more than enough, personally I use 100% strength set of wheel at Logitech Wingman's panel and 70% at LFS. The wheel has comfortable size and it has good system of binding so its almoust impossible to move it from the table no matter how active your steering is. Pedals are a bit light and may slide a bit on wooden floor after it's rubbered sloes get covered by dust and dirt, but after cleaning them (takes only 5 sec) it will grip again. On carpet it doesn't moves at all.
See the pics of the wheel in attachments.

You can find this wheel for 35-40 pounds. But if 60-65 pounds isn't such a problem for you and you aren't able to afford G25 go for DFP. You won't be dissapointed in any way
Attached images
Image(229).jpg
Image(230).jpg
#23 - Jakg
Wheel guide in my sig
Been there Jack, don't think the EX is that bad, 200 degrees is good for GPL too hopefully it works there!

Thanks for all your help lads, i have ordered the Formula EX, if im not happy, i shall send it back, but as the first PC wheel , i will ever own, im sure it will do me proud!
Long story made short...

Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP:
This is the most stubborn wheel I have ever come across and the pedals do not suffer from any of the glitches that the bigger brother has, namely failing pedals. The only thing that has gone wrong with it is the "paddle" shifters that stopped working.

Logitech MOMO (black).
This wheel served me well in almost every aspect, and I have had luck with my pedals, they have never faild (so far). The only thing that has failed is the the sequential shifter springs (on both sides), but I don't bother much because...

Making your own budget six speed or sequential shifter:
Take a joystick (almost any flavour will do) and mix it together with a program called "Joy2Key 3.7.9". This will allow you to map anything to any axis on any wheel, button or joystick on any controller connected to the PC, which in reality means "You got anything you like as long as you got mappings for it".

The bottom line? Get a Logitech Wingman FF or MOMO + any Joystick + Joy2key 3.7.9 = Better than most out there for less than half the price.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG