The online racing simulator
Wheel Issue
(4 posts, started )
Wheel Issue
I have a rather old setup. Its a Mad Catz MC2 Universal wheel with peddles that I run through a Smartjoy Plus USB adaptor.

Issue One
For the brake and throttle I have to use the "buttons" setting, cant seem to get any axes to work correctly. If I set the throttle to axis option 2 it runs but at full throttle or no throttle at all...same with the braking using option 3.

Also, the sterring axis is set to "RZ", not X or Y.

I know if I got the throttle working correctly Id definately be able to improve my speed. Right now my gas peddle is an on/off switch.

Issue Two
My wheel DOES have force feedback when its hooked to the PS2 ala Gran Turismo. Using the Smartjoy USB with the drivers installed theres not FF in LFS. I plugged a PS2 controller to the Smartjoy and the controller vibrated like it should in LFS. So the Smartjoy drivers are doing what they are supposed to be doing, just not with my wheel.

Any suggestions and solutions to either of these two problems would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Issue one:

Are you SURE the pedals are analog?, what axis are the pedals/brakes reported in the windows controller panel?

Issue two:

Couple of things, one, I assume you don't have any PC drivers for this wheel, and windows sees it as a generic HID controller?, two, vibration IS NOT force feedback, I doubt LFS would be able to provide "vibration" only proper force feedback, I used to use a dual shock pad thingy, and I could never get any vibration from that.

Lastly, this should be in tech support
Quote from danowat :Issue one:

Are you SURE the pedals are analog?, what axis are the pedals/brakes reported in the windows controller panel?

Issue two:

Couple of things, one, I assume you don't have any PC drivers for this wheel, and windows sees it as a generic HID controller?, two, vibration IS NOT force feedback, I doubt LFS would be able to provide "vibration" only proper force feedback, I used to use a dual shock pad thingy, and I could never get any vibration from that.

Lastly, this should be in tech support

Issue One con't: on the wheel you can switch from digital to dual analog. In the control panel the Smartjoy shows up as the controller and the brake and throttle are buttons 3 and 4. The one axis moves for the steering, but the second axis doesnt move at all. Its my hunch now after looking at it that because the USB was designed to allow PS2 controllers to be used with a PC, its mapped out exactly like a PS2 controller; both axes are functional in control panel. Im just guessing here of course.

Issue Two con't: Yes, sorry...the vibration does work with the USB and the PS2 controller in LFS, but nothing from the wheel. The wheel does vibrate on the console as expected. I looked for drivers but the only Mad catz ones are the their PC based controllers. I didnt bother to try but I could I spose...shouldnt hurt.

Tech support section...prolly right...maybe someone will move the thread when they see it.

Cheers.
I think you might struggle with it TBH, considering it's a PS2 controller, hopefully someone else will be able to assist you more, but the lack of drivers is certainly an issue.

Personally, I would say chucking £50 at a Driving force pro (proper PC wheel) would save you a lot of agro in the future, aswell as providing proper force feedback and making your LFS experiance much more realistic and fun

Wheel Issue
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG