The online racing simulator
Little Help please
(14 posts, started )
Little Help please
Hi guys...before you shout, ive searched everywhere, done all i can, and it hasn't worked...

Basically...all im getting is 20fps....i run LFS on a laptop,

AMD Turion 64 512mb cache x2
896mb external RAM
258mb graphics card
Windows Vista

I dont really think i SHOULD be getting 20fps, because my cousin has all the same, but a centrino duo, with 2gb of ram...and that runs over 100fps...

So guys, please can you just send us a few suggestions on how to possible increase this disgraceful, rather upsetting amount

Thanks guys
You need to tell which graphics card you have there. And if it?s online /offline / with bots / how many in case of.

Best thing would be run a 3Dmarks2006 test and post your score here.

http://www.futuremark.com/download/
________
silver surfer vaporizer
Online is only 9 fps...and as i said, 1 car is 20...

its a ATI Radeon Express 1100...up to 256 mb .... its an acer aspire 5100...
#4 - Jakg
Quote from harjun :
its a ATI Radeon Express 1100...up to 256 mb .... its an acer aspire 5100...

it's also naff - he has a faster CPU/GFX card, and gets a better fps.

I'm geussing your cpu is overheating as that is a little too slow, play LFS and see what temperature a tool called "SpeedFan" says your CPU is running at.
Ok thanks very much Jak help appreciated
Hey....jak, it said Core: 46C most of the time...even when running lfs, i also meant mine had a ATI Radeon Express 1100, up to 256 mb ,its an acer aspire 5100.
ok its on 55C now, when im running LFS....i think everythings perfect with my laptop....but, is there a way to just make it all Faster, i think its this Vista...
#8 - Jakg
Quote from LFSn00b :I say don't use a laptop, use a proper computer and try to buy a new graphicscard/GFX card or CPU or something

helpful!

Harjun, "up to 256 mb" means it steals system RAM (slow+evil), and 256 mb is overkill for a card like that - the speed of the core is much more important, but you just can't compare gfx cards on paper. How many GHz is your CPU?
1.6Ghz

Thanks Jak your a real help mate
lower gfx settings to the lowest possible harjun and see what frames you get. If its still bad then I'm afraid you'll have to enjoy playing LFS offline alone or buy a new PC.
i did, i just went into Graphics and did all 3 of them to lowest, now instead of getting 7fps, i get 11, but max is Still....20 , and CPU temperature is still 53
thanks dan

Little Help please
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG