The online racing simulator
Older Racing Seasons
(14 posts, started )
Older Racing Seasons
I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to racing, and I want to check out some of the older seasons of racing.

So, LFS Community, which vintage Formula 1 and WRC seasons did you enjoy the most?

Hell, regardless of series, which seasons of ANY series did you find the most exciting?
I didn't yet live in the 70's, but F1 season reviews from that era are amazing. Also early 1980's rallying (until 1986) and golden era of Group C prototype sports cars.

Thanks to TBK Forums and Racing Underground, you can use a time machine...
I seem to remember enjoying the 1999 F1 season more than most recent years. Schumacher's accident at Silverstone was the one low point, but his performances when he returned to the cockpit to support Irvine's championship challenge were mighty.
#4 - JJ72
1990 F1 was good,1999 as well, 1982 should be good however the camera usage and broadcasting technic was a bit lacking.
#5 - nihil
Quote from sinkoman :I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to racing, and I want to check out some of the older seasons of racing.
  1. Get hold of a copy of GPL and immerse yourself in the details of the '67 F1 season....
  2. Then install the '65, and '69 mods....
  3. Say goodbye to whatever scraps of life you have left after LFS has taken its chunk....
http://www.isanski.worldonline.co.uk/frameset.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf6RNZ9PYFA
Formula 1 2005.
Anybody know of racing torrent sites other than Racing-Underground?

RU has barely any 1990 torrents, and all of the other older races pretty much unseeded.
Quote :Except skip the Indianapolis GP.

No dont skip it, watch it up until the race ends ... which is at the end of the formation lap ! Only 2 dull grand prix all season - a heck of an achievement for a year of F1
Quote from thisnameistaken :I seem to remember enjoying the 1999 F1 season more than most recent years. Schumacher's accident at Silverstone was the one low point, but his performances when he returned to the cockpit to support Irvine's championship challenge were mighty.

What I remember most from the 1999 season is Hakkinen being distraught at spinning out (at Monza IIRC) it showed it really mattered to him in a way that I think it doesn't to most current drivers who just turn up drive around and care more about the money than the racing.
Yeah I remember Malaysia was similar, nobody giving an inch. Schumacher trying to hold up the McLarens to give Irvine an advantage, Coulthard having none of it and muscling his way past with all four tyres locked up. Top stuff!
F1 1982, 1987, 1990, 1991, 1997, 1998, 2003, 2006.
Quote from sinkoman :Anybody know of racing torrent sites other than Racing-Underground?

RU has barely any 1990 torrents, and all of the other older races pretty much unseeded.

http://tbk.fameflame.dk/phpBB2/index.php

Not a torrent site, but a motorsport forum with video section including lot of stuff that people posts and uploads there.
If you grab an unseeded torrent from RU, they send a message to others that have DL'd it to reseed. So some patience might pay off.

Older Racing Seasons
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG