The online racing simulator
it's not irrelevant spam, Tristan just got pwned.
Quote from mr grady :perhaps im being a tad cynical here, but if scott speed had been doing what lewis has been doing, on, and off track, i wonder if you would have posted that?

Yes, I would have. It's got absolutely nothing to do with nationality.

I'm pretty neutral when it comes to the racers themselves. I only really dislike those that have bad media attitudes. Otherwise, I see it as a competition, and i'm glad to see ANYBODY succeed. Sure, there are some racers I favor over others, but I don't sit there and hope anybody drops out because I don't like them.

Lewis seems like a nice guy, but I think he's being a bit too welcome to all this media attention he's receiving. That's all.

I think people also dislike him (not me, but PEOPLE) because he's currently number one for the championship, and has only won TWO races.
Quote from tristancliffe :Hmmm, a few days ago I was told that Alonso's pass at Mangy Cours must be okay because the experts say so. Now I'm being told that the experts, who all agree that adapting to the nuances of a tyre is a limiting factor for Alonso/Kimi, are talking 'bull'.

For the record, I didn't say the tyres were never a factor - but I think the two drivers (and their teams) would have overcome any difficulty in no time, and I certainly don't think that adaptation would have made their pre-season preparation (never mind the opening rounds) more difficult/challenging (or even equally) than that of complete rookie Hamilton.

I think it's odd that you consider the switching of car/engine/team to be less influential on their early performance.
Quote from sinkoman :
I think people also dislike him (not me, but PEOPLE) because he's currently number one for the championship, and has only won TWO races.

Well until Silverstone, that was the most anyone had won. Kimi now has a measly 3. So quite hard to win anyone over there for the driver unfortunate enough to consistent enough to be at the top.

PS: I'm no Hamilton uber-fan- it's hard to be driver fan in F1 where the car is the star. But I'm not looking to poke holes where there aren't any either.

PPS: I always find it ironic that these drivers do their very best to excel and show themselves as exceptional talents, only to reach a level where that talent becomes more redundant than ever before in their careers.
i just did a little tally of average positions gained/lost per race, and i think the numbers are quite telling:

massa: average of 3.50 positions gained in 8 finishes (1 dsq)
raikkonen: average of 1.25 positions gained in 8 finishes (1 retirement)
hamilton: average of 0.22 positions gained in 9 finishes
alonso: average of 0.22 positions lost in 9 finishes

massa's average is obviously higher because he had to start from the back twice, but i still think he's done a great job considering the bad luck he's had. if ferrari can get their reliability sorted out in the 2nd half of the seaon they will be hard to stop.
Massa seems to be making a few mistakes himself, not just with the car. Like at Malaysia when he ran wide. If massa was as consistant as Hamalton he would be leading the championship, with proberly more race wins.

As for hamalton, I think hes recieving way too much media attention, and in the uk at least its constantly saying how hes OMFG amazing. I remeber reading a story on something like page 15 in The Sun, when most papers only run one page on f1 in the sports section, and only when its around race weekend time (the rest of it is always taken up by bloody football). I think a few peoples attitudes would be different if there wasn't so much hype surrounding him, and I dob't he likes it since all the hype is doing is heaping expectations onto his shoulders.
Too me the really amazing thing is Hamalton's consistency, and that only seems to have been rattled at silverston.

Alonso can get to f**k, he complains way way way too much, blameing everything on anything :/.

I'd be suprised if Hamelton wins the championship now that kimi has found his pace, and is in a fecking great car.
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2007/7/6448.html

Christijan Albers will not race with the Spyker team for the remainder of the 2007 season, it was announced on Tuesday. The Dutch squad revealed the decision to terminate their current contract was taken as result of commercial difficulties caused by one of Albers’ personal sponsors.

“This has been a very difficult decision,” explained Spyker team principal Colin Kolles.
“Christijan has started to find some form in the car. But the team's ambitious development programme has been seriously compromised by non-payment by one of his sponsors and we are faced with no other option.”

Spyker’s Formula One director Michiel Mol added: “The decision to replace Christijan is one of the hardest I have had to take since becoming involved in the team. By terminating the contract with Christijan and the subsequent entering into a new contract it enables Spyker F1 Ltd. to safeguard its strong financial footing needed to fulfil its technical and commercial goals.”

“We do not expect this will have any adverse effect on Spyker F1's financial result this year. We would also like to stress this decision has nothing to do with Christijan's recent performances - we still have faith in his contribution as a driver - but the long-term future of the team is of paramount importance. We would like to thank Christijan for his input and wish him every success in the future.”

The team also revealed that an announcement on Albers’ replacement will be made in due course.

Albers made his Formula One debut back in 2005 with Minardi. In 2006, he secured a race drive with the Midland-owned MF1 team and when Dutch sportscar makers Spyker took over in late 2006, he was confirmed in their 2007 driver line-up. Albers has had a difficult season this year and has retired early in four races. His best result was his 14th-place finish at the Spanish Grand Prix in May.
so it was the sponsors fault, nothing to do with driving away with half the pit garage still attached to his car?
Thats tight! same 'ole money before driving ability bullsh*t! :mad:. I liked Albers and felt that he could possibly move up to a bigger team. Lets hope he can make a comeback sometime.
Quote from Leprekaun :Thats tight! same 'ole money before driving ability bullsh*t! :mad:. I liked Albers and felt that he could possibly move up to a bigger team. Lets hope he can make a comeback sometime.

I hope he stays away from F1 the rest of his life. No, I'm not a fan of Albers.. Always complaining he gets traffic in quali. It's always the car and not him. But still he makes huge errors. Just unacceptable I think.
Quote from Darkone55 :I hope he stays away from F1 the rest of his life. No, I'm not a fan of Albers.. Always complaining he gets traffic in quali. It's always the car and not him. But still he makes huge errors. Just unacceptable I think.

To be honest he was driving a spyker. Unfortunately in F1, a good car is more important than a good driver.
sutil does a decent job, and some of the mistakes albers has made have been a bit crazy really

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG