The online racing simulator
Problem Connecting to Demo Master Server.
I am having a problem connecting to the lfs master server. I was gonna go play some lfs, but first i did the update. I had just got back from the Taste of Chicago. Before I left, it was still at X patch and when I came back I did the auto-update. It keeps showing an error message. My firewall usually adapts to lfs or shows a message for me to allow lfs to connect. I don't know if it is just me or if it happened to everyone but please help. I may have a team meeting soon.

EDIT: I am connected to the internet because my dad's laptop can connect to our wireless router and because I was just on msn talking to some friends, and they answered back.
Attached images
Live for Speed Connection Error..JPG
Help anyone? I really want to play my lfs online
Probably your firewall, at the moment, has a rule that prevents LFS from connecting. It could even have noticed a change in the executable since you applied the patch, refusing LFS connections to the Internet.
Did you try to disable the firewall for a while, just to see if LFS and other software connects? Did you check rules on your router? Did you check rules on your firewall (most likely the culprit)?

As a general tech assistance rule, you should give all relevant information about your problem, including a general description of your network setup and the firewall you're using, otherwise people won't be bothered to answer to you since the answer would be extremely generic (like mine) and/or discussed in an enormous amount of different threads in this forum.
Quote from Albieg :Probably your firewall, at the moment, has a rule that prevents LFS from connecting. It could even have noticed a change in the executable since you applied the patch, refusing LFS connections to the Internet.
Did you try to disable the firewall for a while, just to see if LFS and other software connects? Did you check rules on your router? Did you check rules on your firewall (most likely the culprit)?

As a general tech assistance rule, you should give all relevant information about your problem, including a general description of your network setup and the firewall you're using, otherwise people won't be bothered to answer to you since the answer would be extremely generic (like mine) and/or discussed in an enormous amount of different threads in this forum.

I use Norton Antivirus and Internet Security. My router is Netgear WGT624V3 Wireless. My MSN and other messengers connects and also my torrents still download the only software that doesn't work is the LFS master server. When the executable of LFS changes the error doesn't show, it has a popup with low risk asking me if I should allow LFS to access my ports or block it. It didn't show that this time. It just showed the error. It didn't try to connect.
try doing it manually then unblock it in your firewall and router im tryin to found out how i can dedi a host atm and its giving me hard times with the ports and stuff....
Okay... My guess is that it's related to Norton Internet Security.
First try: disable Norton Internet Security. You won't have security problems generally since your router also acts as a firewall (a NAT permits to more computers connection to the Internet through a single IP address, but it also acts as a firewall, technically). Try connecting again after you have disabled Norton Internet Security. Does it work? If it works, enable Norton Internet Security , add a rule about LFS and you're done.
But since Norton Internet Security asks no more there could already be a rule about LFS denying Internet access. Just change it to allow traffic. Otherwise you could:
- Delete the offending rule, if you find it
- Add the rule to allow or
- Launch LFS, set it to windowed mode to be sure you have your desktop visible with Shift+F4, wait for Norton Internet Security popping up and consent access in a definitive way. This means, generally, marking a checkbox that makes the rule definitive, or something like that.
If you give me the Internet Security version (2004, 2005, 2006...) I could see if I'm able to point you to the right resources on the 'net.
My firewall is jacked up that is probably why because it just closes automatically. and my version is 2005
So your firewall is probably screwed up and you can't connect to the master server... You have a problem with your firewall it seems, not with LFS!
That means: I can try to help, but there's no way I could fix a Symantec product that isn't working.
Ohh, okay well then i guess thanks anyway. I'll mess around with my router and firewall now. But it says I need to buy a new version of a Symantec Product.
Take a look at this error
!
Attached images
Symantec Error.JPG
Okay, buying a new version would help. About the error: the window itself isn't important, it's more important the additional info you could have by clicking the click here...
Did you try updating via LiveUpdate? The version is old, it may need updates to work with newer OS patches. Also try to look in the Event Viewer and fish for information on the Symantec Support Knowledge Base. Anyway, a search with a specific string didn't return anything related.
I always stress out the well known fact that Symantec Security Products (apart from Backup Exec, which in reality was made by Veritas, acquired by Symantec) are problematic. Sometimes trying to fix a problem with Symantec stuff simply doesn't work, sometimes it leaves you with an almost crippled system. I have a lot of first hand experience about this: Symantec even offers tools and instructions to remove products by hand or without the usual uninstall procedure. Having had lots of troubles in the past (I uninstalled hundreds of Symantec products from hundreds of computers) I am unwilling to help you in doing something that could have the slightest probability to cause a problem. I would do it only if I was physically present, and this isn't possible for obvious reasons. Sorry for that.
Okay, I fixed it, my pc had its firewall at high level. My mom couldn't connect to the stuff she wanted to either.

Thanks for all your help!
kenyks324

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG