The online racing simulator
Adjustable turbo and fuel system
Since the game has a lot of adjustment options on gears, suspencion and such, i think its about time it gets an electronic boost controller and electronic fuel controller. The devs could have balanced it so that no current setting would give a specific advantage. But, for instance in drifting, it would be nice to have more low end torque, and for racing you could adjust your fuel controller so that it gives more horsepower at high rpms. Personally, i think it would be great to have the option of tuning cams, ignition, and turbo pressure levels as well. For instance an XRT with 320hp @ 5600rpm's Servers who dont support these things could just turn the options off
No, for the reasons stated in the gazillion previous threads on this subject.
!
I think its quite weird actually. The reason people dont like these options is because "it gives an advantage to those who know what they are doing". Yup, i agree at that point, but in a simulator where so damned much tweaking is possible, it should also be possible to tweak the engine. So you guys dont think tweaking the suspension gives an advantage to people who know what they are doing?

And when it comes to cam adjustment and things like these, its a game of "give and take". So if you want to have more hp, you would have to sacrifice a few Nm's. And thereby not gain just as much. This could be useful at races btw, but if everyone had this option, i really dont see the problem, and WHAT KIND OF GUY doesnt understand that increasing the boost pressure gives power? everyone could do this, and thereby not a problem.
It's not just that.
It's that everyone would be running the setup that offered the most power. There is no use in running less power if you can have more.
then why do we have restrictions as implemented?

regards
To even the cars in a class

Quote from BoGGis :Since the game has a lot of adjustment options on gears, suspencion and such, i think its about time it gets an electronic boost controller and electronic fuel controller. The devs could have balanced it so that no current setting would give a specific advantage. But, for instance in drifting,

...And that is where I stopped bothering to read.

Baaaaaad idea. If the turbo and engine could be ajustable, then you are getting a big advantige, And wasting the Dev's time. We already have LFSTweak
I can see why people dont like the idea of having a boost controller, but people who would adjust theyre cams to have maximum hp doesnt actually gain anything on it, as they loose torque.
Quote from BoGGis :I can see why people dont like the idea of having a boost controller, but people who would adjust theyre cams to have maximum hp doesnt actually gain anything on it, as they loose torque.

It isn't linear like that. There would be sweet spot where you would have the best combination of torque and horsepower. At which point everyone would have their cams, sooner or later.
you are forgetting about engine wear/damage. i don't think that hardware changes should be allowed (cams, etc), but if there was a suitable engine damage model, then boost control and fuel maps would be a great addition.

obviously in sprint races everyone would run with their engines cranked to the max, but in longer races you should be able to blow your motor by using too much boost for too long, so you would need to use more conservative settings.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG