Cockpit / In-car view
Custom view (wheels view)
Custom view (but still an in-car view)
Chase view
Custom view (hood/bonnet view)
Custom view (on roof)
TV camera
Helicopter
Quote from The Very End :Lol, helicopter is extreme.. but wait... OMFG EXPLOID, EXPLOIDDDD!!!!!!! They can see both in front and back of their car at same time ./cry

But not where they are going.
If Gabkicks, etc. are referring to this poll: http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... mp;highlight=cockpit+view
then it's not the same as the poll in this thread. It doesn't make the distinction between the set cockpit view and a custom, but still in-car view.

I use a custom view. I've got a widescreen monitor, so I up the FOV. In the standard cockpit view it's like I'm driving from the back seat, so I move the viewpoint forward in the custom view mode.

I can't see what the problem is when it comes to viewpoint - we've all got the same options.
in car beacuse i find it comfortable and Realistic even tho im 14 and dont drive yet ^_^
Only cockpit for me! It is a simulator after all.
Quote from STROBE :...car from the cockpit view.

I can see the advantages of non-cockpit views in other situations too, eg being able to perfectly place your wheels over kerbs and chicanes lap after lap, because you can see the damn things. That's not realistic. A single screen might be limiting, but it's a lot more realistic to have a cockpit than it is driving with a transparent car or an invisible camera boom sticking ten feet out the back.

Also, in case it hasn't been mentioned, it's only an option...

I use the wheel view because of the stated reasons below, plus I get a huge fps boost which means a smoother gameplay, so more fun and more precision by the same time, whenever I drift or race, I can place my wheels in the right direction and to little or not at all touch the curbs.
#31 - ndiw
Wheel View, only while hotlapping.. cockpit view for online racing
LFS was the first game (I hate that term for LFS) I ever played (again bleh) where I found the cockpit view more suitable than any of the others. In most other racers I have to use the chase cam because otherwise I can't see enough of what's going on or what the car's doing.

Cockpit all the way.
Will there be more polls until the custom view guys win?
#34 - FL!P
I use both the cockpit and the custom view, depending on the car.

Cockpit view in the FOX and FO8. Custom view to remove the wheel in the MRT because it hides the dashboard, and to sit a bit higher in the BF1 because in some turns the driver's hand hides the apex or the track-out.

In tin-tops it depends on how well I know the combo. Sometimes I use the cockpit view, sometimes the wheel view.
Quote from Doorman :Will there be more polls until the custom view guys win?

Cockpit wins anyway. I like it because for the sake of reality.
Quote from Doorman :Will there be more polls until the custom view guys win?

Who knows
But have to agree, theres been a lot of topic about that topic now..
There's 3 of these polls that I know of, spread out over 2 or 3 years, and the vote is always 69 or 70% for cockpit view. I think the trend is pretty much established by now.
Quote from Dajmin :LFS was the first game (I hate that term for LFS) I ever played (again bleh) where I found the cockpit view more suitable than any of the others.

Same here, actually. I often used roof view in NR2003, etc, because the FOV never felt right.
FOV in NR2003 didn't bother me back then. But it was a minimum of 90 degrees and now since I can set 50-60 in LFS, I can't drive in cockpit in NR2003 at all because of FOV limitation.

What view do you use?
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG