The online racing simulator
Passing over the corners and bumps = better times. This shouldn't be this way.
I was wondering why you improve your times when you pass over the corners and bumps with almost 60 or 70% of the car there (sometimes more), with no several damage. Sometimes is madness.
There's a lot of people that make good laps, with perfect lines, and perfect braking, that wonder why they don't do fastest laps. And I think that it's just because they don't know the tricks of the track.
It's impossible to make good times not using this techniques, that in my opinion, would be real and hard damage for suspension and for other parts of the car. Specially in cars like fox or bf1. Hitting a bump at 200 Km/h in fast consecutive turns and nothing happens, just a few Km/h decreased, but that is for sure not very realistic.
For example, I have never seen a f1 car hitting a chicane with no other part than it's tyres, and making fastest laps with no damage.
Imola - Variante Alta (I think)
Spa's "Bus Stop", Circuit de Gilles Villeneuve's final chicane, Monaco - swimming pool. Etc.
Correct - the high chicane. There's plenty of other examples - last chicane at Magny Cours, chicane at Nurburgring, Fundidora Park (Mexico - Champ Car), Mont Tremblant.

Being good at braking and turning is not enough to be fast. You have to learn the track, not just which corner is what gear, but what kerbs can you hit and what you can avoid.

As for the damage - the damage model isn't complete yet, but all the F1 drivers gave their cars a hard time at the last turn at Magny Cours and they didn't seem to pick up much damage at all.
I'm talking about unrealistic bump crossing. For example in AS2:
T2 at 190 Km/h (specially last corner) and just after this, I can cross bumps at 220 with almost 50% of the car in the two light turns before t3 just losing a few Km/h.
And even t3, sometimes go in the last corner with almost all the car over it and keep accelerating and pushing
I think there are a couple of corners which need sorting out, but I don't think any of them are at Aston Club. Fern Bay's kerbs should probably destroy the cars, and some corners could benefit from reprofiling to discourage cutting (KY3, AS3).
#7 - CSU1
when the new suspension damage arrives there'll be none of that^^
What about Blackwood on the exit out of T1/T2 (the last right turn just before the main straight)? All the quick guys run the 2 left wheels on the kerb, while the right wheels are in the air. When taken "right", they almost don't lose any speed at all doing this jumping. Though F10 shows a little bit of suspension damage every time you do this manouvre. Maybe it's just me, but it really bugs me how the cars remain intact while doing this lap after lap. I always try to take the clean line (right wheels on the edge of the kerb), but I realize that I'm scrubbing a bit of exit speed doing this.
I think you'd find all the demo cars would easily take several laps of kerb hopping there.
You'll find generally most cars can get away with kerb hoping and will be faster doing it for a few laps but over the course of a race they risk breakages, especially in series when suspension components aren't replaced every race. Look at the F3 at Pau, the quick cars take loads of kerb but half the field ends up retiring with suspension failures. LFS isn't that unrealistic in that you can take kerbs (although some like the FE Green start chicane would rip cars apart) but in that there is no real punishment for continually doing it.
Quote from CSU1 :when the new suspension damage arrives there'll be none of that^^

There is already... just make it let's say 200% more sensitive.
Quote from Darkone55 :

Very nice. I spent a whole practice/qualifying(don't remember which) trying to get a shot like that at the first chicane at the champ car race in monterrey. 3 out of 4 cars that came by got at least 6" in the air. I never did get the shot, but autoweek got one.

Something I learned watching that race. In REAL racing the drivers will drive where it makes them faster. Everytime. 100%. The only way to stop them is to either hand out penalties or make it break thier car, whether you think it's fair or not.

The other chicane at monterrey. they were jumping so bad that they barely had any of thier outside tire on the track. The race officials put a cone there to try and stop them. The cone was nothing but shredded rubber by the end of the race. The next year they had bricks there and that meant they only drove over them some of the time instead of ALL of the time.
Quote from Speedy Pro :What about Blackwood on the exit out of T1/T2 (the last right turn just before the main straight)? All the quick guys run the 2 left wheels on the kerb, while the right wheels are in the air. When taken "right", they almost don't lose any speed at all doing this jumping. Though F10 shows a little bit of suspension damage every time you do this manouvre. Maybe it's just me, but it really bugs me how the cars remain intact while doing this lap after lap. I always try to take the clean line (right wheels on the edge of the kerb), but I realize that I'm scrubbing a bit of exit speed doing this.

If driving the BF1... over those curbs... move over 'inside' 4 more inches... you will love to see what happens!

I have a habbit of cutting corners where I shouldn't , and thats why I dont do endurance races in BF1, Im alway 6 inches too tight! ... F1 suspensions arent designed for that!

>>>Edit to fix typos<<< Postreply was created after 10hours of LFS!
I was a bit clueless about what you were talking about until just now. Having just gotten into this game about 10 days ago (starting with the demo for 3, S1 for 5 and now S2 for 2 days) I have not gone online and have only hot lapped and raced against the AI so far. I just now downloaded some of the WR tracks on LFS World and was blown away by the lines they took! :jawdrop: Heck, in BL they're going onto the grass for a good part after one particular turn! I would never have thought of driving that way to increase my times. Kinda weird to watch if truth be told and doesn't feel quite "right" for me at this point to do it that way. I'll probably get over it at some point though.
Quote from Darkone55 :http://koti.mbnet.fi/kolarit/pics2/Montreal_2007_F1_FP3_06.jpg

Looks like you too are browsing a certain forum...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG