The online racing simulator
Power lines not showing tire marks
(7 posts, started )
I was watching myself drive from the birds eye view, and discovered that the tire marks werent being shown under the power lines.

this happenned in the X patch, and the X7 test patch versions

attached are examples
I didnt find any power lines on KY, AU, WE.
Attached images
AS3_power.jpg
BL1_power.JPG
FE3_power.jpg
SO2_power.jpg
i thought this has always been the case in LFS? you dont get the same bug in previous versions?
Yep, that has always been like this.
It's one of those alpha layer issues again.
Quote from geeman1 :It's one of those alpha layer issues again.

Yep, have a few of those, and no "easy" way of going around it as far as I'm aware.

I'm surprised you noticed there, the first time I saw it way back early in S1 once I entered the scene I noticed it on the power lines at SO unofficial 2 I think it is, whichever is the really short one.
Quote from XCNuse :Yep, have a few of those, and no "easy" way of going around it as far as I'm aware.

doesnt lfs use layers above the road surface instaed of proper multitexturing for road surface marks causing all these problems with z buffers in the first place ?
The first part I agree with, I'm not sure about the others, I don't know of any other way to do it, but that's just me, I've never really looked into it.

That explains however why we had "flying" skidmarks when we did burnouts on other people's hoods back in S1. Of course, until Scawen fixed it to where they would only be drawn so high from the road.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG