The online racing simulator
Fatal Crash Compilation
(133 posts, started )
Quote from J.B. :Good question. I used to think it was obvious to most people but have learned by now that this attitude is by no means universal.

IMO if you respect someone you obviously don't want to see him suffer. I think most will agree that when you are personally suffering you don't want cameras and lot's of people and strangers around you. Why should this not apply to death?

My approach is that the suffering has already happened, so my watching or not watching doesn't affect the suffering. Obviously I don't take any pleasure in watching suffering, but in most crashes there isn't any graphic suffering, just a car being destroyed.

Quote :I'm finding it difficult to express exactly why it's wrong to me but I think at the end of the day it's a privacy issue. People should die in peace, not witnessed in great detail and slow motion by millions of people, many of who are using the victim to satisfy some kind of instinctive bloodlust.

I think Tristan is right on this one. It would be one thing to burst in on a nursing home to video people dying, but these guys go out in front of cameras each time they take to the track.
Quote from StewartFisher :It would be one thing to burst in on a nursing home to video people dying, but these guys go out in front of cameras each time they take to the track.

Better scrap the video I was making of nursing home footage then
Tristan: THAT POST IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS! (and throw some in of yah GF! )
#54 - JTbo
If I would die in accident on track (or road) then I would have nothing against people showing it on public as there certainly is lot to learn from such event again, for some learning is undrestanding how fragile cars really are and for some how much energy car has when traveling in such velocities, etc etc.

I still can't understand why such thing is bad.

Maybe I have just seen too much death in life, but for me that is just part of life and nothing to be shy about, there are much worse things in life.

But I don't also understand how there could be such people that enjoy when they see others suffer etc. It is so little what I understand and it is so much I would like to understand
I think there's a fine line between showing a clip out of respect or research, and showing it for an entertainment value. The original posters video(s) is sorta on that line, but still on the respectful side of the line.

These videos are sorta touchy for some people because of the fact that they are still created for an intention of showing crashes. I think that if each of these clips were expanded to an entire video, showing the high moments of the drivers careers and showing the crash, it'd be more respectful, and be less touchy due to this being fatal-crash overload when it could be a true homage to the great drivers in these sports.
Quote from J.B. :IMO intentionally watching someone get killed is the exact opposite of respectful or tasteful.

Agreed, I'll certainly give it a miss. I can understand where some of the arguments for having this kind of thing come from but personally the number of bad (but thankfully no fatal) crashes I've seen in person have well and truly got the message across that cars are dangerous things that have to be respected.

Quote from SamH :
As moderators we do have some concerns about sharing these videos on the LFS forum. We've decided not to remove them at this time because the reception has been largely positive. Please note in advance that if this changes, we may find ourselves obliged to remove the links.

Don't really see any problem so long as the videos are clearly marked and there is a large distinction between fatal videos and music crash videos (which also seem pointless to me).
Quote from ajp71 :
Don't really see any problem so long as the videos are clearly marked and there is a large distinction between fatal videos and music crash videos (which also seem pointless to me).

I'll agree with ajp

Note: I also fixed Mark Porter's name and polished some transitions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvFjb4VyR9U This will be the last time i'll fix the video. I'm tired of watching it. I believe I have everyone's names accurately.
sobering. thanks for posting it.
wow
i didnt know that guy died at Spa-Francorchamps, damn don't wanna die burning in a car, must be horofic
But that's F1 incidents only. I have stock car (including NASCAR), Le Mans, touring car, Formula Nippon, Modified, etc.
The Art Pollard was a nasty one.
The saddest fatalities are the one's that were out of their hand's. Like Williamson and Pryce.. 2 great drivers, with a great potential.. Both their death's were OTHER people's mistakes. I really don't understand Pryce's death at all, was it really necessary for the marshall to risk his life to see to a retired car, that seemed in not such a dangerous place anyway...
Quote from BlueFlame :The saddest fatalities are the one's that were out of their hand's. Like Williamson and Pryce.. 2 great drivers, with a great potential.. Both their death's were OTHER people's mistakes. I really don't understand Pryce's death at all, was it really necessary for the marshall to risk his life to see to a retired car, that seemed in not such a dangerous place anyway...

Many deaths were out of their hards. Such as Eric Marin, and Gary Batson
Quote from lizardfolk :Many deaths were out of their hards. Such as Eric Marin, and Gary Batson

Those one's i don't recall, but what I mean by Tom Pryce and Roger Williamson is that their death's (or at least Tom Pryce's) weren't racing incidents. Especially Tom Pryce... Just out of nowhere...
Eric Martin's was down to a lack of spotters during practice. Deborah Renshaw hit his car some 16 seconds after it came to a halt.
This video Made me cry :cry: how sad!
Quote from ChiliFan :Eric Martin's was down to a lack of spotters during practice. Deborah Renshaw hit his car some 16 seconds after it came to a halt.

Yea, I remember that Crash now, yea, that is another one of those crashes I was mentioning with Williamson and Pryce.. One's that were racing incidents like Earnhardt's crash are purely racing incidents and there is less anguish in those Deaths. Maybe that is why Pryce, Williamson and Martin aren't remembered in the way that they should be.
Quote from BlueFlame :Yea, I remember that Crash now, yea, that is another one of those crashes I was mentioning with Williamson and Pryce.. One's that were racing incidents like Earnhardt's crash are purely racing incidents and there is less anguish in those Deaths. Maybe that is why Pryce, Williamson and Martin aren't remembered in the way that they should be.

I understand what you mean. But to me, the most tragic accidents were Wolfgang Trip's one and the 1955 Le Mans Disaster.

Quote from ChiliFan :Eric Martin's was down to a lack of spotters during practice. Deborah Renshaw hit his car some 16 seconds after it came to a halt.

That was Renshaw??? Wow I didn't know that
I have to say Lizard, that avatar of yours will need to be changed, after the Brasil GP
Actually, no it doesn't matter, Whether he is racing or not, I'm sure Ralf can still cause accidents
Quote from BlueFlame :I have to say Lizard, that avatar of yours will need to be changed, after the Brasil GP
Actually, no it doesn't matter, Whether he is racing or not, I'm sure Ralf can still cause accidents

U implying that I'm a noob?

I didn't expect you to recognize who I used. I'm not a fan of Ralf and I never will be, I just used that picture cause it was the best pose I could find.

Besides, I think it came out pretty well I looks just like me
Its an honorable and respectful farewell.
I give a 11/10.(Yes, that is over the scale.)
the vids are sad, but hey, i would love to die doing something i love, than in a dirty NHS hospital.
Thank you

Fatal Crash Compilation
(133 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG