The online racing simulator
Fatal Crash Compilation
(133 posts, started )
R.I.P to all drivers who've had fatal accidents.
same as above ^

well made video etc, i think some times racing does go a little too far which causes somthing bad to happen but i guess thats just the name of the game i should know im a motocross racer
Quote from deggis :Very depressing which means it was well done video

Would have been nice if there was year mentioned under the driver name.

From my point of view was too biased on NASCAR and lacked few famous accidents, at least Le Mans 1955 disaster should be have been included.

I'm currently trying to up load a new one. But unfortunately the 1955 disaster is not included (because I couldn't get a usable video). Sorry
Quote from DaveWS :No, it shifted his body to the right, so his head missed the steering wheel, and therefore didn't stop until his skull cracked where the neck joins. He chose not to use the hans device, and payed the price. Why the hell anyone would choose not to use a safety device designed to reduce the risk of death is totally beyond me.

because its not comfortable at 1st. I remember when the hans device became mandatory; all you'd hear is drivers complaining about how annoying the hans device is.
i may never think of racing again :weeping::weeping::weeping::weeping: waa
and btw the u have a bigger chance of dieing in a GO KART than a f1 car.
Use edit button.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=475465#post475465

It was much more fitting to watch this video than all the rock music infested ones, was more of a tribute than a "Watch these guys die".

The worst one was (Can't remember the name) with the overturned F1 car on fire and one of his friends and fellow racers trying to help him out, Sad. I think I read somewhere that there wasa firetruck a few hundred yards up the track, but instead of driving back to the accident they drove the full length of the track not to break there rules.
Alot of respect goes out to you for doing it so respectfully

R.I.P all who were in this video
Quote from xaotik :I'll never figure out this fixation we got with watching other people getting killed, maimed, injured or just plain hurt on video. So much as that we even make compilations of that stuff.

+1
thxs for the post but I could have just posted in the original thread.

It was originally combined but youtube has a length limitation so I had to cut them.
Quote from xaotik :I'll never figure out this fixation we got with watching other people getting killed, maimed, injured or just plain hurt on video. So much as that we even make compilations of that stuff.

I've also heard whole motorsports discussions revolve only around accidents ("hey, you seen that video of so and so getting decapitated?" "yeah man... terrible... but did you see that one that five people burned to death and someone who ran to save them got shredded by sheer narrative imperative?")

+1

And then we have ppl who love Hostel and Saw for the torture :|

Guys plz, i didnt make these vids for the glorification of crashes. I'm not a sadist. I try to be as respectful as possible. Also another reason for me doing this was because I was very unhappy with the other "tributes".
good video R.I.P to all the drivers that have lost the lifes.
#41 - J.B.
IMO intentionally watching someone get killed is the exact opposite of respectful or tasteful.
#42 - JTbo
Quote from sidi :I'm curious to know who would commission someone to put together such a video.

As for the video,not really my thing and i fail to see anything tasteful or honorable about it.

Learning from them how things can go wrong, learning how to avoid such and learn to understand to respect speed.

I find it funny that some people say practically that we should close our eyes from bad things, there is no point, no any logic behind such, maybe those let feelings control them instead of common sense? I honestly don't know why some people say such thing. I guess I'm just complete opposite to them or something

Well, people are different and some just think different way.
#43 - SamH
I've merged the multiple threads.

As moderators we do have some concerns about sharing these videos on the LFS forum. We've decided not to remove them at this time because the reception has been largely positive. Please note in advance that if this changes, we may find ourselves obliged to remove the links.
One note for the compilation: the video of Herbert Muller is not the crash he died in.
The proper one (Nurburgring 1981) and additional fotage of the crash from your video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6BwsAztYGg

Cool video btw
Ya i realized that recently. I'll get to work on it asap to fix the inaccuracy.

BTW he was insanely lucky in his first crash

Edited: I fixed the inaccuracy with this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erUshI2BS7U
Quote from J.B. :IMO intentionally watching someone get killed is the exact opposite of respectful or tasteful.

I don't understand why. If a fatal crash happens to be filmed, why not show it? Is it somehow more respectful to the deceased not to show it? Why?
#47 - J.B.
Quote from StewartFisher :I don't understand why. If a fatal crash happens to be filmed, why not show it? Is it somehow more respectful to the deceased not to show it? Why?

Good question. I used to think it was obvious to most people but have learned by now that this attitude is by no means universal.

IMO if you respect someone you obviously don't want to see him suffer. I think most will agree that when you are personally suffering you don't want cameras and lot's of people and strangers around you. Why should this not apply to death?

I'm finding it difficult to express exactly why it's wrong to me but I think at the end of the day it's a privacy issue. People should die in peace, not witnessed in great detail and slow motion by millions of people, many of who are using the victim to satisfy some kind of instinctive bloodlust.
They shouldn't have become professional drivers, broadcast into thousands of homes then.
If I was a race driver and people wanted to show their respect for me I'd rather they mention my achievements than have me go down as "that bloke who got minced".

Not that I'd care much what they'd say after I'd been minced... and come to think of it, it would be a rather suiting and very memorable description all practical implications considered.

Anyhow, not meaning to piss on lizardfolk's creation - just a matter of opinion - but for example, what IMO would be a tasteful tribute would be to collect those drivers' best racing moments. Because after all, I'd rather be paying tribute to their racing life and not to their racing death - their life is what fueled my interest in motorsports. Also, alot of times it's good to put a face on these people: they were not just some guy in a suit with a helmet on.
unfortunately not all the drivers had their "best racing moment". I mean I can understand for Dale Earnhardt, Ayrton Senna, and some other big names to have multiple winning moments'

however many of the drivers were either first timers (rookies), or independently owned team owned by the drivers. Such as Terry Schoonover. His death was only his second race in his personally owned team. J.D. McDuffie is also racing in his privately owned team. Roland Ratzenberger is a rookie and Corky Cookman was relatively unknown until the crash.

Still. I understand what you guys are trying to say. It would probably have been more fitting if I compiled a bunch of racing moments (and pictures for the less famous ones). I just didnt think of it at that time.

Like I said I just wanted to combat those other "tributes".

And unfortunately this kind of video will attract sadists. Despite the fact that the video is suppose to be something totally opposite then the viewing pleasure of crashes.

I'll take it down if you guys truly believe that it's disrespectful and I'll be cursed to hell for making it.

Fatal Crash Compilation
(133 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG