The online racing simulator
Just got high res skins
(34 posts, started )
Just got high res skins
Just paid my money for high res skins, so enjoy my money Devs
and you enjoy your skins, they do look lots better
#3 - richo
Sorry to ask ( and yes i searched first) but where is the link to pay for the hi-res skins?

Please go easy with the insults
Just a one pound credit to your account on LFS.net and enable the option in game.

[EDIT] Gah, beaten!
#6 - Jakg
£1? You have to put a minimum of £3 in :P
#7 - richo
Thanks for the speedy replies guys, and there all nice too
Figured I'd give it a shot too. For anyone else having a Frank Spencer moment, don't forget to log in to the web page itself (top right-hand corner) first as otherwise the "add credit to your account" won't appear.

5 quid in, hi-res skins here we come...

Rakhsh
Okay, now. I went and dumped in 3 pounds to my account. Then I went and enabled the option for 1024 skins use, and got a message about how you need money in your account to activate, etc.

What do I do after that? I just went and tried online and then single player, returning to my web account details to see if I had one less pound.

But I'm still at 3 pounds.

How do I go about getting or using these high-resoltuion skins?

Thanks,

Alan
#10 - FL!P
I also paid the 3 £ today (before seeing this thread) and I'm glad I did. It makes a big difference.

Got no problem activating the 1024 skins option in LFS, here, and my credit is now 2 £.
Quote from Alan_Bernardo :
How do I go about getting or using these high-resoltuion skins?

You just have to enable the option.
Options > Misc > Car skins download > 1024
Options > Misc > Helmet skins download > 1024
Quote from (SaM) :You just have to enable the option.
Options > Misc > Car skins download > 1024
Options > Misc > Helmet skins download > 1024

Okay, so I did enable the car skins download to 1024. The only thing is that I still get this on my account page:

Edit: I didn't have the helmet 512 enabled. I thought that was something separate which incured a separate cost.

All is fine and it shows on my account that I've used something.

One more question, though. The skins I already have-- are they converted to 1024? I went online to a server, just to see. Now my account page reads:

Does the number at "1" now go up each time I get a skin? I'm just a bit uncertain about how this works and how the skins are downloaded.

Thanks,

Alan
It said when I done it...

£1 will be deducted from your account when you first upload a skin...

I guess it does it at the start of every 2000.

Do the current skins I have in my folder stay low res, or do I redownload them at high res?
Speaking of which, since when can you upload 48 skins?
I know, I saw that afterwards :P.
Nice to see you read the whole thread
Quote from (SaM) :Only 2 posts up even.

And my acknowledgement of understanding :P
Quote from FOGlegsy :Nice to see you read the whole thread

I did read it..but didn`t saw the link mister..
Quote from Alan_Bernardo :Okay, so I did enable the car skins download to 1024. The only thing is that I still get this on my account page:

Edit: I didn't have the helmet 512 enabled. I thought that was something separate which incured a separate cost.

All is fine and it shows on my account that I've used something.

One more question, though. The skins I already have-- are they converted to 1024? I went online to a server, just to see. Now my account page reads:

Does the number at "1" now go up each time I get a skin? I'm just a bit uncertain about how this works and how the skins are downloaded.

Thanks,

Alan

They are seperate. I only have cars on hi and helmets on normal. Dont want to use my credit on the helmets
could you tell me if the game loses fps if you have the hi res skins? Thanks
#25 - DeKo
Quote from niall09 :could you tell me if the game loses fps if you have the hi res skins? Thanks

nah, only if memory is a problem. a 128MB+ graphics card will cope with ease.

Just got high res skins
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG